• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
can someone can explain me this:

View attachment 51824

.....what the heck?

I was playing in PAL, French, and all I did was taking the shower.

Show got a second hair magically.....

WHAT?
You didn't know this?! I think you are forced to shower with Peach and you get after the Ponytail. (But the ponytail dissipear if you change of room, so maybe that's why you didn't pay attention the first time.)

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
You didn't know this?! I think you are forced to shower with Peach and you get after the Ponytail. (But the ponytail dissipear if you change of room, so maybe that's why you didn't pay attention the first time.)
you<re actually wrong, you are NOT forced to do the shower.

How the sequence is made is the trigger is you get into the bathroom and you get out, not even needing the shower, it's jsut a bonus. You could jsut get into the room and immediately get out.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
you<re actually wrong, you are NOT forced to do the shower.

How the sequence is made is the trigger is you get into the bathroom and you get out, not even needing the shower, it's jsut a bonus. You could jsut get into the room and immediately get out.
Oh that's true? Weird, i was thinking so the all time that you have forced to take a shower? My life is a lie...

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Oh that's true? Weird, i was thinking so the all time that you have forced to take a shower? My life is a lie...
If i tell you the concept of sequence breaking in games, you will realise how much it's even more a lie.

Actually I will tell you :)

So, in ch3, in Grubba's office, you have this vent on the left of the screen. That vent from the inside of the duct is of course a wall. However, from the office side, it's just a graphic, there's no wall there. The dev simply didn't took the effort to have extra collision because you aren't supposed to be able to access it....it's wrong, you can access it via an exploit of the collision mechanic the game that would clip you inside the corner of the shelf which will ejects you upwards making you on the shelf.

Yaeh so you can pass through that wall and you can get into the duct so what?

You literally skipped the entire ch except the boss.

I'm not joking, the game will assume that you just arrived here from the champion room and starts the cutscene when Grubba is putinghis stuff in his drawer. The thing is if you manage to pass the last vent to come back into the office, it would be like you beat Rhawk Hawk and you were just before the boss.

The game even assumes you did all the triggers you did to come to this point, except the ranking is screwed up, you're still in minor leafue rank 20 and you can;t reserve because the game assumes you got a mail from X.

if you think it's crazy....I saw a lot more....

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
You know? I was going to make my own avatar like Flight's. It would be red and black. Green eye, Hair like Melee Falco.
:falcomelee:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
If i tell you the concept of sequence breaking in games, you will realise how much it's even more a lie.

Actually I will tell you :)

So, in ch3, in Grubba's office, you have this vent on the left of the screen. That vent from the inside of the duct is of course a wall. However, from the office side, it's just a graphic, there's no wall there. The dev simply didn't took the effort to have extra collision because you aren't supposed to be able to access it....it's wrong, you can access it via an exploit of the collision mechanic the game that would clip you inside the corner of the shelf which will ejects you upwards making you on the shelf.

Yaeh so you can pass through that wall and you can get into the duct so what?

You literally skipped the entire ch except the boss.

I'm not joking, the game will assume that you just arrived here from the champion room and starts the cutscene when Grubba is putinghis stuff in his drawer. The thing is if you manage to pass the last vent to come back into the office, it would be like you beat Rhawk Hawk and you were just before the boss.

The game even assumes you did all the triggers you did to come to this point, except the ranking is screwed up, you're still in minor leafue rank 20 and you can;t reserve because the game assumes you got a mail from X.

if you think it's crazy....I saw a lot more....
Woah woah woah!....woh! We are this point breaking the Matrix of the game! Explain me more please.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Woah woah woah!....woh! We are this point breaking the Matrix of the game! Explain me more please.
...its's litterally that!

In fact, tasvideos has a quote from Matrix in its general ressources page :)

So, have you heard of sequence break?

Like in speedruns? it's quite a known effect of screwing up the sequence.

But what is a sequence?

It<s basically the sequence of triggers the games has. It's sorof the way the flow of the game is made. it's like you arrive at a certain point to trigger a cutscene and you msut trigger it to advance, then you gop there do stuff....you get the idea, it's just the flow of the game.

But on paper (intended), it's just triggers that are made to react upon you triggering them.

Which is when comes the breaking concept. NORMALLY, the dev will try to force you to go to point B from point A to then force you to go to point C. Especially in the Paper Mario series where the sequence is linear, you must follow the "path" of the game flow.

Except if you somehow find a way to bypass that and go from point A to point C directly without passing by the point B, the game will not care. The game is programmed to react when you arrive on C and unless there's a way the game checks if you passed on B, there's no way the game will even care.

The best example I can tell you is Zelda ocarina of time, this game has a ton of sequence break possibilities, but one is notorious, the last medailons. Theorically, the game wants you to have all 6 medailons to arrive tot he temple of time which will trigger a cutscene to proceed in the game. But there's been multiple glitches and tricks found to arrive with only the last medailons and guess what?

The cutscene will trigger anyway. The game ONLY checks if you have the last medalons, it ASSUMES that if you got the last you must have the others anyway, but because you bypassed all the game was trying to force, it's wrong!

this was mainly done to save ressources and it<s just logical, why prgram something that doesn't need to be checked?

This is true for a lot of games. TTYD is no exception, the game only reacts if you pass a certain point in the air duct, you pass it when you come from the other side, the game loads the state of the ch considering you are in the air duct after beating Rhawk Hawk.....

it';s just programming logic. It's not flawed because normally, you wouldn't know you could do it, but it is still a defense flaw of the programming meaning that it isn't perfect, but my personal experience with TTYD is that IT'S FREAKING SOLID!

I love glitches :)

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
...its's litterally that!

In fact, tasvideos has a quote from Matrix in its general ressources page :)

So, have you heard of sequence break?

Like in speedruns? it's quite a known effect of screwing up the sequence.

But what is a sequence?

It<s basically the sequence of triggers the games has. It's sorof the way the flow of the game is made. it's like you arrive at a certain point to trigger a cutscene and you msut trigger it to advance, then you gop there do stuff....you get the idea, it's just the flow of the game.

But on paper (intended), it's just triggers that are made to react upon you triggering them.

Which is when comes the breaking concept. NORMALLY, the dev will try to force you to go to point B from point A to then force you to go to point C. Especially in the Paper Mario series where the sequence is linear, you must follow the "path" of the game flow.

Except if you somehow find a way to bypass that and go from point A to point C directly without passing by the point B, the game will not care. The game is programmed to react when you arrive on C and unless there's a way the game checks if you passed on B, there's no way the game will even care.

The best example I can tell you is Zelda ocarina of time, this game has a ton of sequence break possibilities, but one is notorious, the last medailons. Theorically, the game wants you to have all 6 medailons to arrive tot he temple of time which will trigger a cutscene to proceed in the game. But there's been multiple glitches and tricks found to arrive with only the last medailons and guess what?

The cutscene will trigger anyway. The game ONLY checks if you have the last medalons, it ASSUMES that if you got the last you must have the others anyway, but because you bypassed all the game was trying to force, it's wrong!

this was mainly done to save ressources and it<s just logical, why prgram something that doesn't need to be checked?

This is true for a lot of games. TTYD is no exception, the game only reacts if you pass a certain point in the air duct, you pass it when you come from the other side, the game loads the state of the ch considering you are in the air duct after beating Rhawk Hawk.....

it';s just programming logic. It's not flawed because normally, you wouldn't know you could do it, but it is still a defense flaw of the programming meaning that it isn't perfect, but my personal experience with TTYD is that IT'S FREAKING SOLID!

I love glitches :)
Oh i know sequence breaking, i watched a lot of Speed Run and TAS like Super Metroid, who his a game littelary created for sequence breaking. (I mean if you can go the Ridley before the three boss before him or get the ice beam very soon in the game, you know there is something wrong.)

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
annnd now cannot sleep because my toe nail was just removed thanks to someone opening a door when i was behind it

whats everyone up to

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
annnd now cannot sleep because my toe nail was just removed thanks to someone opening a door when i was behind it

whats everyone up to
Life is cool, change avatar, face gone, FNAF, sequence break, you know, thing totally normal right?:dazwa:

D

Deleted member

What???You mean you've never seen Waldo in Avengers?!?!
Didn't watch the first one because 2012 sucked for me and I got so tired of hearing about the sequel so I skipped it. Too bad I missed out on the alleged Waldo epicness.

:troll:

Last edited by a moderator:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Didn't watch the first one because 2012 sucked for me and I got so tired of hearing about the sequel so I skipped it. Too bad I missed out on the alleged Waldo epicness.

:troll:
Shame, the scene where Thor and Deadpool lay the smack on Waldo as the Hulk fights Godzilla in a Springfield land dispute, only for it to be revealed that the Buy n Large corporation was behind everything was one of the best scenes of the movie imo.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Shame, the scene where Thor and Deadpool lay the smack on Waldo as the Hulk fights Godzilla in a Springfield land dispute, only for it to be revealed that the Buy n Large corporation was behind everything was one of the best scenes of the movie imo.
That's it, I have to watch this movie now. :troll:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom