• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
So...which E3 conferences are you people going to be watching/are interested in?
For reference, here is all of them

[EA's conference on June 15 @ 1pm PT]

[Ubisoft - June 15th @ 3pm PT]

I'll likely go with MS and Nintendo only this year..
As much as possible. Nintendo and Sony (maybe Valve too) seriously, the others I'm only gonna watch in the hope they do something awkward so I can get in a few laughs.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So...which E3 conferences are you people going to be watching/are interested in?

Only Nintendo probably, the other conference doesn't interest me.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866

Most likely Nintendo and Sony. I'm a bit eh on Microsoft since there's really only 2 exclusives I actually care about on the system.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I really wish the Sonic franchise would just have a reboot, but not one like Sonic '06 or Boom, more of a visitation of what we loved of the classics, like the levels, locales, characters, Eggman fights, etc., instead of rebooting and trying to do something radically new at the same time. Sonic 4 got it right, but it was seriously lacking content. Give a 2D Sonic game a proper story, different playable characters, and awesome level design and boom, perfect reboot.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I really wish the Sonic franchise would just have a reboot, but not one like Sonic '06 or Boom, more of a visitation of what we loved of the classics, like the levels, locales, characters, Eggman fights, etc., instead of rebooting and trying to do something radically new at the same time. Sonic 4 got it right, but it was seriously lacking content. Give a 2D Sonic game a proper story, different playable characters, and awesome level design and boom, perfect reboot.
So kinda like Generation with Sonic classic with a story like Sonic classic but not parodique and with all of the story of Sonic behind him gone? I don't think Sega will do that since for them. Classic Sonic is dead with the rest of unused character that Sega leave in a hole and not a lot of person seem to like the classic sonic gameplay today. At least from what i heard about the people who like Sonic Generation.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
So kinda like Generation with Sonic classic with a story like Sonic classic but not parodique and with all of the story of Sonic behind him gone? I don't think Sega will do that since for them. Classic Sonic is dead with the rest of unused character that Sega leave in a hole and not a lot of person seem to like the classic sonic gameplay today. At least from what i heard about the people who like Sonic Generation.
I loved Sonic Generations, the only problem for me was that the game had too quick of a pacing. And that they included that vile game known as Sonic -06 as one of SEGA's "masterpieces".

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
This music plays when the thread is calm.

Sonic is a mess, especially the story and characters. That's probably why I hate Sonic nowadays.

Poorly written character who never asked for a real big story around him. Sega tried too hard to beat Mario and look at the mess they have to deal with now.

MainJPW

M.T.A
I wholeheartedly agree with this, but there was another thing Sonic 4 was lacking in.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I loved Sonic Generations, the only problem for me was that the game had too quick of a pacing. And that they included that vile game known as Sonic -06 as one of SEGA's "masterpieces".
I think it's funny that they include a level based on Sonic '06. It's like said : Yeah we know it's the worst Sonic we ever made (now in competition with Boom) but that's why we have to make a Sonic '06 level, because it's a part of our story,right?:4villager:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I hope Armor King gets into Tekken 7. It would suck to have him back in the canon, only to leave again. Him and Bruce, I guess.

MainJPW

M.T.A
I think it's funny that they include a level based on Sonic '06. It's like said : Yeah we know it's the worst Sonic we ever made (now in competition with Boom) but that's why we have to make a Sonic '06 level, because it's a part of our story,right?:4villager:
Hey, at least we got these amazing tracks because of its inclusion.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I actually like it when weaker installments of a game series are acknowledged in good games, to me it comes off as a sort of "redemption" for those games
Granted Crisis City is the worst level in Sonic Generations, but I mean...

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I'm really hoping to see Nina again. Well, i'd be weird for her not to be in Tekken 7 considering she has basically been in every other Tekken game. Bob and Alex are some I want to see back too. Though I have high doubts about Alex.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
By the way, is Sonic Boom is really a reboot? I mean a Reboot is when you erase all the past thing you have do with the franchise and you never use them again. and by this point, you're reboot is the continuty official (Like Sonic '06 for exemple). But Sonic Boom is not considered by a really "reboot" by Sega. More like as a Spin-off nah?

MainJPW

M.T.A
By the way, is Sonic Boom is really a reboot? I mean a Reboot is when you erase all the past thing you have do with the franchise and you never use them again. and by this point, you're reboot is the continuty official (Like Sonic '06 for exemple). But Sonic Boom is not considered by a really "reboot" by Sega. More like as a Spin-off nah?
It's a completely separate series, so yeah, a spinoff.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Yes, it was supposed to exist alongside the main series.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Thanks you guy for answering my question, i was a little confused about that.

Last edited:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I'm really hoping to see Nina again. Well, i'd be weird for her not to be in Tekken 7 considering she has basically been in every other Tekken game. Bob and Alex are some I want to see back too. Though I have high doubts about Alex.
Nina will be back. Bob, probably. I do doubt Alex, though. Roger Jr. would be cool to see back, though.

I'm also pining for Jun and Kunimitsu to return.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Nina will be back. Bob, probably. I do doubt Alex, though. Roger Jr. would be cool to see back, though.

I'm also pining for Jun and Kunimitsu to return.
Hopefully Bob comes back. Who else can properly encapsulate America? :upsidedown:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So i was on Know Your Meme for see some Sonic memes (because why not?) and then i go to the Sonic.exe page. I go in the comment and i see some link for a forum, i click the link and you know what i see? The original creator of the creepypasta himself complaining like a child that is creppypasta was delete from the creppypasta wiki because it was too bad. And you know what he say? Say of all fan of Sonic.exe to complain about that and praising himself like he was a god and that everyone saying that is creepypasta is bad to f*ck themselve. My reaction at this moment:

Last edited:

Soul.

Hey quiet thread.
Since this page is about Sonic... What should the developers do, in your opinion, to make Sonic games good again?

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
So i was on Know Your Meme for see some Sonic memes (because why not?) and then i go the Sonic.exe page. I go in the comment and i see some link for a forum, i click the link and you know what i see? The original creator of the creepypasta himself complaining like a child that is creppypasta was delete from the creppypasta wiki because it was too bad. And you know what he say? Say of all fan of Sonic.exe to complain about that and praising himself like he was a god and that everyone saying that is creepypasta is bad to f*ck themselve. My reaction at this moment:
Man, did you know there was a sequel to this crap ?
It's even worse than the first one ! No joke !

Quibble

Smash Cadet
NNID
Blueurce
Hey quiet thread.
Since this page is about Sonic... What should the developers do, in your opinion, to make Sonic games good again?
Remake Sonic Adventure 2.

It is the only Sonic game that is a universally loved game (I think). Maybe even making a Sonic Adventure 3 that stays true to the two previous games.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Remake Sonic Adventure 2.

It is the only Sonic game that is a universally loved game (I think). Maybe even making a Sonic Adventure 3 that stays true to the two previous games.
This is pretty much my opinion on "remaking Sonic Adventure 2".

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Yeah! The worst is that i was neutral with this creepypasta but now?! This dood is just another ****ing kid at this point! Great, now this creepypasta is bad for me.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
****pastas are the best
This is pretty much my opinion on "remaking Sonic Adventure 2".
While SA2B was good it did suck too, I loved the game but the sound mixing literally made it hard for me to take anyone seriously
*It Doesn't Matter blares over me talking in high volume*

Last edited:

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
Hey quiet thread.
Keep going mobile for a awhile then, Then the satff should play Sonic 06 and Sonic Boom, and rise of lyric.
Then learn from the horrible mistakes, and make a new game.
That or fire more employees.:troll:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Yeah! The worst is that i was neutral with this creepypasta but now?! This dood is just another ****ing kid at this point! Great, now this creepypasta is bad for me.
Well it is bad, if you can call this creepypasta...

..."creepy".

There's nothing creepy about it.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well it is bad, if you can call this creepypasta...

..."creepy".

There's nothing creepy about it.
I saw the same thing in the comment of KYM, what i coincidence.:4roy: And yeah, it's not creepy at all but before today. i was just "yeah..it's fine i think" but now "**** this pasta!"

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
Wasnt Sonic Adventure 2 Battle the remake?
No. Sadly. Many consider that game the best so far. Others are, Generations, Colors, Adventure DX... My favorite is Adventure :4fox:2 Battle. ( Star Fox Adventures reference) However I have not gotten far in Generations. Seems like the game is a side quest. XP

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Morning everyooooone
Still hype over how well last nights tournament went
The stream and commentating were on point, and we got a good turnout
Lmao the eventual winner ended two sets with a Backslash kill offstage

Last edited:
Status