• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Try Tumblr, it's a pretty popular site where many topics can trend (Part of where more Daisy support is happening). Just hope that not a single Social Justice Warrior shows up if that's the case.
"Midna should be removed from every game because she sets woman's rights back a million years
Cursed Imp women everywhere are outraged and I speak for them"
:troll:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Every single time we mention that purple dragon, all we're going to get is flame wars, flame wars, flame wars, and all that. It gets tiring.
No petition in the world is going to help what Ridley is suffering from. Metroid is going to have to make the first step, Sakurai is too much of a diehard Ridley fan to do so himself.

Have you tried a petition?
SWF is a dictatorship. ;)

D

Deleted member

No petition in the world is going to help what Ridley is suffering from. Metroid is going to have to make the first step, Sakurai is too much of a diehard Ridley fan to do so himself.

SWF is a dictatorship. ;)
... well, that explains why I don't like the Metroid fanbase. :troll:
Not really.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I dunno. I'd just go for the Pro Controller. The GameCube controller is overrated but I get why so many people like it.. and not to mention, it kinda feels clunky when playing. To me, anyway.
If I could, I would set the face buttons as individual Smashes, but whatever... Literally transferring my 3DS layout to the Pro controller would look like this.

Tap Jump: Off.
A: Grab
B: Jump (unused)
X: Attack
Y: Special
L: Shield
R: Jump
ZL: unused
ZR: unused
Right stick: Smash?

I might make it so ZR is Special and ZL is Grab which leaves the face buttons almost barren. So, I guess I could make Y Smash instead or have it also be there alongside the right stick. For the GCN, it would probably stay close to default with Jump being placed on R or Z instead, Special as X and Grab being Y. Eh, it just works having the Jump button being a shoulder button. This mockup would have been awesome, though. Maybe it'll be the NXT controller. :p

3DS is certainly a usable controller. lol johns aren't going to get you anywhere.
Dude, what she did was badass.

D

Deleted member

If I could, I would set the face buttons as individual Smashes, but whatever... Literally transferring my 3DS layout to the Pro controller would look like this.

I might make it so ZR is Special and ZL is Grab which leaves the face buttons almost barren. So, I guess I could make Y Smash instead or have it also be there alongside the right stick. For the GCN, it would probably stay close to default with Jump being placed on R or Z instead, Special as X and Grab being Y. Eh, it just works having the Jump button being a shoulder button. This mockup would have been awesome, though. Maybe it'll be the NXT controller. :p

I wouldn't mind that version. After all, people are clamoring for a simple controller to be used on the NX system. I also tend to stick with the default controls. I don't know why. I even have Tap Jump turned on. xD

Last edited by a moderator:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I have gimp skills which made me made LOTS of things so not a prioblem, motivation depends more on the interest of people (basically, if people love the idea, so I am to maintain it).

But for the justice stuff.....i'm honestly asking how it can get into that stuff.

Cause Daysi could get unecessary flacs, but how Paper Mario can?

it honestly seems like an accomplishment to do it so....

basically, if I do more catchy materials like my sigs, I should be good to go right?
Pretty much yeah, since he's not very popular there at the moment and he has minuscule support on other sites like Redditt. I'm pretty sure it's because people are still under that impression that three Marios is "too many Marios", which is something that I can blame Dr. Mario for.

Last edited:

Soul.

This controller I would be okay with. It's wireless (lol more johns) and looks like a GCN controller.
inb4 confirmed soon

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Pretty much yeah, since he's not very popular there at the moment and he has minuscule support on other sites like Redditt. I'm pretty sure it's because people are still under that impression that three Marios is "too many Marios", which is something that I can blame Dr. Mario for.
please don't blame him, I lived flamming of him....I felt so much ashamed, he has NOTHING to do.

And popularity....not so sure.

If I look at the recent polls, he's actually leaning on the top.

But the real issue is how silent the support are which is why i NEED to spread it. If i claim the series is underloved, it's because people love it, but don;t share it vocally. I want to be one of the first that really care to do it, but I ust wanted to see how.

I mean, would you say that if you consider my support thread, if I bring some materials from it, that it would do it?

i mean, I spent months when I made that OP edits :)

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I wouldn't mind that version. After all, people are clamoring for a simple controller to be used on the NX system. I also tend to stick with the default controls. I don't know why. I even have Tap Jump turned on. xD
I stick with defaults too, but I don't like the 3DS's default controls. In DMC4, Nero's Blue Rose had great knockback when charged and people suggested being able to hold a charge constantly, so they switched Shoot from Square to either the trigger or the bumper. I found out after watching DMC4 videos like years later and switched to it for Nero's controls. Probably will too for DmC since Ricoshot lengthens and stalls.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Pikabro is now at level 41 and beat my Fox. Granted, I don't normally play Fox, but I think it's at the point where Pikabro knows my playstyle and how to avoid me...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
please don't blame him, I lived flamming of him....I felt so much ashamed, he has NOTHING to do.

And popularity....not so sure.

If I look at the recent polls, he's actually leaning on the top.

But the real issue is how silent the support are which is why i NEED to spread it. If i claim the series is underloved, it's because people love it, but don;t share it vocally. I want to be one of the first that really care to do it, but I ust wanted to see how.

I mean, would you say that if you consider my support thread, if I bring some materials from it, that it would do it?

i mean, I spent months when I made that OP edits :)
Sure you can since you are practically one of Paper Mario's more vocal fans. Even a fan of the series like myself wouldn't really talk much about it to warrant being a topic owner. Some of your materials in the topic would be a great way to catch some attention since they easily recognize these things (Stylish, Awesome, badges, ect.).

Like I said earlier, Tumblr is a great start since it's one of the more relevant forms of social media these days (R.I.P. Facebook popularity). I wish the best of luck to you since you will be needing to spread that Paper Mario goodness to the world.

Hey @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan , what's your Skype. lel boredom
Griffith_Devonte. Good luck finding me since @Flight had been giving me some interesting stories about 4Chan and Gamefaq's irrelevancy. XD

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Sure you can since you are practically one of Paper Mario's more vocal fans. Even a fan of the series like myself wouldn't really talk much about it to warrant being a topic owner. Some of your materials in the topic would be a great way to catch some attention since they easily recognize these things (Stylish, Awesome, badges, ect.).

Like I said earlier, Tumblr is a great start since it's one of the more relevant forms of social media these days (R.I.P. Facebook popularity). I wish the best of luck to you since you will be needing to spread that Paper Mario goodness to the world.
....due to how much question I have, I might send pms because I go to tumblr....and it;s so generalised that idk what the heck is this.

yes, idk what tumblr is and I still don;t after I read the homepage....

D

Deleted member

I stick with defaults too, but I don't like the 3DS's default controls. In DMC4, Nero's Blue Rose had great knockback when charged and people suggested being able to hold a charge constantly, so they switched Shoot from Square to either the trigger or the bumper. I found out after watching DMC4 videos like years later and switched to it for Nero's controls. Probably will too for DmC since Ricoshot lengthens and stalls.
I see. At first, I wanted to swap the Grab and Shield buttons, but after playing the 3DS demo over 10000 times, I stuck with it. That was the only thing I planned to change, actually.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I keep reading the thread title as: The Beards must be crazy :rotfl:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I keep reading the thread title as: The Beards must be crazy :rotfl:
I keep reading it as "the broads must be crazy"
And it appears that WayForward wants Shanate in Smash. I can tell that a certain someone would be happy with this news.

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/04/04/wayforward-really-wants-shantae-in-super-smash-bros/
they better put their ass back in the woodworks where they came from. Suddenly everyone and their ****ing pet dog..

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Awesome how every publisher wants one of their marquee characters in Smash
At least we know they are open to the idea, then again who wouldn't be

Soul.

How many developers are asking for their character(s) to be in Smash already rofl

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I'm sure its all for attention.
You don't see Level 5 making a tweet asking to vote for Layton do you?

Real companies don't ***** out like this

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I want a company to **** on the community now and basically flip them off about ever seeing their character in Smash... but that would be bad publicity. :p

I'm sure its all for attention.
You don't see Level 5 making a tweet asking to vote for Layton do you?

Real companies don't ***** out like this
Banjo & Kazooie are more like they're kind of dead, so let's honor them with a final and beloved appearance on their original system while Shantae I guess would fit as another retro, albeit obscure-ish character. I don't know if she's that well-known. As for Level-5, I'd love to see Max or Monica to be in the game... Still... have to finish that game...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I want a company to **** on the community now and basically flip them off about ever seeing their character in Smash... but that would be bad publicity. :p
Didn't someone already do that?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

Banjo & Kazooie are more like they're kind of dead, so let's honor them with a final and beloved appearance on their original system while Shantae I guess would fit as another retro, albeit obscure-ish character. I don't know if she's that well-known. As for Level-5, I'd love to see Max or Monica to be in the game... Still... have to finish that game...
Who are Max and Monica??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom