• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Huh. Haven't thought much about this, but...

What would you say was your most favorite video games console?

It could be for any reason, such as longevity, memories, experiences, best game exclusives, etc.

Mine would probably be between the DS/3DS and PS3. I've played the most diverse games on these consoles, and plenty of memorable games and experiences.
Gamecube.

Not because of TTYD, in fact, if I had to tell you why, TTYD would play a very small factor in why I loved this console. SSBM, Wind waker, kirbry air ride, metroid prime, TTYD (duh), super mario sunshine.....

Look, it's the freaking best games I ever played. There was a CLEAR dedications presents in these games and even the system itself (the hardware design especially the controller, I read articles that it took a really huge amount of time to finalise it). There's no way I think we would see a system that would top that one, the wiiU thanfully seems to be a smaller iteration of it.

Not to mention one thing: that system made me love games with passions. Again, guys, this was WAY before I got into Paper Mario, at least 2 years actually, but it goes back to my childhood.....

EDIT: I forgot the gbp.....best add on ever.

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
D

Deleted member

So Jason basically has the easiest combos ever.
"Let's just give him a super easy 36% meterless combo, yeah seems fair."
Sadly Slasher is his only good variation.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Serious question; people in the US really believe that 5 de Mayo is the Mexican Independence Day? :4pacman:

D

Deleted member

Missed favorite console talk huh. Must be the N64, DS, and GameCube for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Im starting to believe this pie-chart is accurate then :joyful:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Serious question; people in the US really believe that 5 de Mayo is the Mexican Independence Day? :4pacman:
They believe it as much as they believe drinking enough will make them see little green men guarding pots of gold at the end of rainbows.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I don't. I know it had some sort of historic significance, but it isn't really a big holiday in Mexico. If anything, it's a day for Americans to have an excuse to drink a lot like how St Patrick's Day is used as an excuse to drink a lot when it probably isn't really celebrated much in Ireland either.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Soooooooooo

The 0.5% one is the actual one? Been awhile since I had Spanish class.
Yep, some storybooks say that the Mexicans even threw their shoes (known as guaraches) to the French to scare them off lol

They believe it as much as they believe drinking enough will make them see little green men guarding pots of gold at the end of rainbows.
So they celebrate a Mexican Holiday in an Irish style?
Never change 'Merica

I don't. I know it had some sort of historic significance, but it isn't really a big holiday in Mexico. If anything, it's a day for Americans to have an excuse to drink a lot like how St Patrick's Day is used as an excuse to drink a lot when it probably isn't really celebrated much in Ireland either.
Indeed, the 5 Mayo, is a "dying holiday" here, even Ignacio Zaragoza got removed of the Mexican 500 Pesos bill.

Also some people confuse this day with Feb 5th: Anniversary of the Mexican Constitution :facepalm:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Random thought of the day but I really wish Sony would do something similar to amiibos for the sole reason of me wanting a Sackboy figure that somewhat matches my amiibos. :laugh:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, it is time to reveal my embarrassing and very ironic thing I wanted to say yesterday.....let me put some ambiance:

You know when I said I got an europan 3ds cart at gamestop yesterday?

That cart was the thing. I got an exchange today for an american one (that still was very low in professionalism).

But the cartbridge is.....

HNI_0080.JPG

As a proof I really did it:

HNI_0082.JPG

So, yeah, I'll let you digest this and I'm going to explain myself....I have some school works to do :)

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Now I fully understand it. Gotta go highway to the danger r-zone.

Exclusively for PS4, as we (Sony) ignore our current handheld system.
At least their handhelds are doing much better inside Japan than the rest of the world.

D

Deleted member

At least their handhelds are doing much better inside Japan than the rest of the world.
Indeed, but JRPGs don't interest me. Only good thing about it is that it's region-free, compared to the 3DS.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Indeed, but JRPGs don't interest me. Only good thing about it is that it's region-free, compared to the 3DS.
From what I've seen of it, Gravity Rush looks fun. But that's about as much as I can say for the Vita. :p

D

Deleted member

Even though you missed out on some games at the time hopefully you didn't miss out on the commercials.

Can't beat 90's commercials.
>Rayman appears in the last one
>Mind blown.

90's commercials for the win.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I honestly don't care too much for region-free. Sure, I've done some importing (a GBC bootleg & a DS game) but most games I really want get localized anyway. Plus I basically emulate imports anyway.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

From what I've seen of it, Gravity Rush looks fun. But that's about as much as I can say for the Vita. :p
It does. I was interested on it at first, but my interest waned. I don't think I'll end up buying the system anytime soon. I only have a PSP for homebrew purposes (no piracy).

-

I didn't joke when I said my character was two-eyed, @ The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn . :troll:

Rough sketch made in Flipnote Studio 3D.

Zero Meddler

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZeroMeddler
3DS FC
1633-4671-0386
Happy 5th of the Mayonnaise! ..... What?.... That's not what it is?... Oh... I-I'll see myself out.

But seriously, Happy Cinco de Mayo!

D

Deleted member

Jason is so much ****ing fun. People get scared when you walk at them with infinite armor. He deals a ton of damage too, and a lot of his stuff is usually safe on block. I wouldn't say he's top tier, but he's in a pretty good place. Been playing the Slasher variation mostly though, so I don't know what the others are like.

D

Deleted member

After giving some thought into it, I should use the Flipnote image as the basis for my next icon. Kinda hard to come up with new poses (for the character) these days.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Considering we have references of Star Wars and México on the thread title, this fits perfectly

Join to the Dark Side Luke; we have Enchiladas

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom