• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul.

Just stop talking about dumb satelites and talk about something more positive.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, going by the amount of likes, I guess some were a bit surprised that I decided to buy Sticker star, or not, but let me just explain.
I haven't changed my view on the game. My problem is I was conflicted between I care a lot about this series and that no matter how much I talk about the Iwata ask, I cannot do a constructive review. Don't get me wrong, I still have good reasons to ahte the game, but I was never able to review it unless I was reffering to what other people expereinced....which is rather unprecise.

Guys, I didn't even know that game had no option to choose the enemy to attack, @SmashRiver64 told me once. I also never coudl get if the game doesn't give you mcuh chances with the puzzles (heard it was annoying at times to figure it out), I can't pretty much get if the bosses are that bland with you only needing a sticker. I can just report what I heard.

No matter how much I said to hate that game, It was never constructive, it was just an opinion on how this game was made. I know that if I play it, I will probably hate it even more, but I was so worried of it that I just couldn't let it pass without grasping clearly the result of what it did. I actually don't have the idea of what was kept from the series...I only heard about the lost which is huge.

Not to mention, ssb4 actually made a fantastic job with the stage, I think it extracted the good of the game. That's what I want to know, I wanted to know exactly what this game did to the series in a more concrete manner.

And if you wonder then why I still don't want to buy M&L games unless VC, it's because unlike M&L, I REALLY care about the Paper Mario series. M&L, I got that I don't like it much, but that is subjective.

Also, I actually own every 4 games physical now. For once in like months, I finally decided to buy physical while I could go digital, again, that's because I care so much of this series. I now own every games in physical form which is actually the only time I did that (...meh, maybe if you consider metroid prme as a whole series, but I don't).
So, that is why I bought sticker star. I know I lied when I said I would only buy it if he was confirmed for ssb4, but I hid my worries of the game. Anyway, I was VERY hesitant to do it.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
It's still undetermined, but it will land probly between the 6th and the 11th.

Honestly I'm a bit worried.
I don't see what's dangerous about it. Is the satellite Ridley enough to cause any serious damage? I imagine that it's not too big. If so it won't be a destructive force or anything.

Just stop talking about dumb satelites and talk about something more positive.
Isn't that willful ignorance though?

So, going by the amount of likes, I guess some were a bit surprised that I decided to buy Sticker star, or not, but let me just explain.
I haven't changed my view on the game. My problem is I was conflicted between I care a lot about this series and that no matter how much I talk about the Iwata ask, I cannot do a constructive review. Don't get me wrong, I still have good reasons to ahte the game, but I was never able to review it unless I was reffering to what other people expereinced....which is rather unprecise.

Guys, I didn't even know that game had no option to choose the enemy to attack, @SmashRiver64 told me once. I also never coudl get if the game doesn't give you mcuh chances with the puzzles (heard it was annoying at times to figure it out), I can't pretty much get if the bosses are that bland with you only needing a sticker. I can just report what I heard.

No matter how much I said to hate that game, It was never constructive, it was just an opinion on how this game was made. I know that if I play it, I will probably hate it even more, but I was so worried of it that I just couldn't let it pass without grasping clearly the result of what it did. I actually don't have the idea of what was kept from the series...I only heard about the lost which is huge.

Not to mention, ssb4 actually made a fantastic job with the stage, I think it extracted the good of the game. That's what I want to know, I wanted to know exactly what this game did to the series in a more concrete manner.

And if you wonder then why I still don't want to buy M&L games unless VC, it's because unlike M&L, I REALLY care about the Paper Mario series. M&L, I got that I don't like it much, but that is subjective.

Also, I actually own every 4 games physical now. For once in like months, I finally decided to buy physical while I could go digital, again, that's because I care so much of this series. I now own every games in physical form which is actually the only time I did that (...meh, maybe if you consider metroid prme as a whole series, but I don't).
So, that is why I bought sticker star. I know I lied when I said I would only buy it if he was confirmed for ssb4, but I hid my worries of the game. Anyway, I was VERY hesitant to do it.
Since you made a confession, it's my turn now. Guys, I don't hate Sticker Star. The game itself wasn't too bad, in my opinion, but that's if you consider it by itself as a standalone. In the context of the Paper Mario series, it's not the best. And it isn't particularly memorable. Regardless, I still enjoyed the game. *Prepares to be burnt at the stake*

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I like satellites tho

See? The Moon is a natural satellite :troll:

*gets booed*

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I don't see what's dangerous about it. Is the satellite Ridley enough to cause any serious damage? I imagine that it's not too big. If so it won't be a destructive force or anything.

Isn't that willful ignorance though?

Since you made a confession, it's my turn now. Guys, I don't hate Sticker Star. The game itself wasn't too bad, in my opinion, but that's if you consider it by itself as a standalone. In the context of the Paper Mario series, it's not the best. And it isn't particularly memorable. Regardless, I still enjoyed the game. *Prepares to be burnt at the stake*
the thing is I originally thought I could share the same view....but I realised I was even wondering if this games is an rpg.

Because that might change everything.

Though, the one thing I'm sure is it broke most of the series standard, the only left is maybe the color design....except the stickers. I even heard the text was completely broken to weird and unfunny puns....again, that is why I bought the game, "what I heard" I'm just tired to say this......

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
I like satellites tho

See? The Moon is a natural satellite :troll:

*gets booed*
You're lucky there isn't a dislike button. :troll:

the thing is I originally thought I could share the same view....but I realised I was even wondering if this games is an rpg.

Because that might change everything.

Though, the one thing I'm sure is it broke most of the series standard, the only left is maybe the color design....except the stickers. I even heard the text was completely broken to weird and unfunny puns....again, that is why I bought the game, "what I heard" I'm just tired to say this......
I think you're doing a really good thing by trying out Sticker Star. It's best to find out for yourself what you think of the game. :)

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
It's not, but I'm concerned where it's gonna land.

D

Deleted member

Well, I finally got SAI running. Now, I only need to install my Bamboo Capture's drivers and I can start drawing stuff.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
You're lucky there isn't a dislike button. :troll:

I think you're doing a really good thing by trying out Sticker Star. It's best to find out for yourself what you think of the game. :)
no, that;s not the point, I already know what I'm thinking of it because there's evidences of its design philosophies and it does reveal a big communication issue.

What I want to know is CONCRETE results. The reasons of them, I know it, but not the results themselves. I'ts more me that tries to get exactly the damages. I'm not blind like most games I play, I will just have a more precise reasoning that would say I hate it. This imply I of course do not expect to like it (in fact, that is why I was hesitant, this reasoning sounded dumb at first to buy a game already knowing I wouldn't like it and being the total opposite even).

I do have to agree it will be more credible....that';s indeed obvious.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
is it even a valid English sentence?

"you need not open"....I feel something is not right..... "you need TO not open"?
I've heard people talk like that before in "The Crucible," so yes, it's valid.

It's just 17th century English dating back to when the pilgrims first crashed into Plymouth Rock

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

is it even a valid English sentence?

"you need not open"....I feel something is not right..... "you need TO not open"?
I know. One of the guys who worked on the site probably didn't know English very well.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
It's not, but I'm concerned where it's gonna land.
I feel like people would make a big deal of this anyways, so if it's anywhere extremely important, they can help and make sure everyone and everything is safe. Just because most of the planet is covered in water, I'm tempted to say that it's likely it'll fall into the ocean. And that will probably be the safest place for it to land. So don't fret. Everything will work out just fine! :)

no, that;s not the point, I already know what I'm thinking of it because there's evidences of its design philosophies and it does reveal a big communication issue.

What I want to know is CONCRETE results. The reasons of them, I know it, but not the results themselves. I'ts more me that tries to get exactly the damages. I'm not blind like most games I play, I will just have a more precise reasoning that would say I hate it. This imply I of course do not expect to like it (in fact, that is why I was hesitant, this reasoning sounded dumb at first to buy a game already knowing I wouldn't like it and being the total opposite even).

I do have to agree it will be more credible....that';s indeed obvious.
Oh. Hmm, I'd prefer it if you were willing to give Sticker Star more of a chance, but that's fine, I guess.

It may seem deliberate, but to be honest... eh, I forgot what I was going to say. I'm being ignorant here yeah, but still.
Eh, I'd personally hate ignoring what's going on in the world. But that's just me.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
> Mewtwo is available for everyone for purchase

> Miiverse still taking about download codes.

Why am I not surprised...

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
When I transfer all my Smash Wii U snapshots from my SD card to my laptop, they turn into JPEG. Can I get higher quality images? Also, if I try turning one into an avatar, it turns out tiny. ._.

D

Deleted member

When I transfer all my Smash Wii U snapshots from my SD card to my laptop, they turn into JPEG. Can I get higher quality images? Also, if I try turning one into an avatar, it turns out tiny. ._.
It's always .JPEG, sadly. Changing the format to.. let's say, .PNG (which is ten times better than JPG / JPEG) won't help.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Speaking off the "you need not open" stuff, I wrote something very similar in my recent English paper and my peer reviewer circled it in pen and put question marks. HAS HE NO KNOWLEDGE OF THE MENTAL UNDERTAKINGS SUPPLIED BY WRITING IN A SOPHISTICATED AND INTELLIGENT MANNER!?

Then again it's a damn Freshman English paper and my friends aren't as smart as I am, so what difference does it make?

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
Speaking off the "you need not open" stuff, I wrote something very similar in my recent English paper and my peer reviewer circled it in pen and put question marks. HAS HE NO KNOWLEDGE OF THE MENTAL UNDERTAKINGS SUPPLIED BY WRITING IN A SOPHISTICATED AND INTELLIGENT MANNER!?

Then again it's a damn Freshman English paper and my friends aren't as smart as I am, so what difference does it make?
I talk and write like that semi-regularly and apparently I'm hard to understand

Cazdon

Smash Ace
NNID
Cazdon
3DS FC
4355-9882-5183
Or it could be a Japanese guy's limited English knowledge. I don't mind that. Everybody ain't perfect.
I was looking for Please Understand when I found this beauty.

I can imagine this being the climax of a action movie staring all the Nintendo Execs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom