• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
On the end of the day all of you have to remember this quote:
"The one thing that I still have some regrets about is that the movie may have tried to get a little too close to what the Mario Bros. video games were. And in that sense, it became a movie that was about a video game, rather than being an entertaining movie in and of itself."
-Shigeru Miyamoto
I actually liked the Mario movie.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
But if you guys want a GOOD Super Mario Bros. film, I'd STRONGLY recommend the 1986 anime film, "Super Mario Bros.: Peach-hime Kyushutsu Dai Sakusen!" (Translation: "The Great Mission to Rescue Princess Peach").

You can easily find it on YouTube subbed (some even went far enough to DUB it). My only complaint is that the ending suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
On the end of the day all of you have to remember this quote:
"The one thing that I still have some regrets about is that the movie may have tried to get a little too close to what the Mario Bros. video games were. And in that sense, it became a movie that was about a video game, rather than being an entertaining movie in and of itself."
-Shigeru Miyamoto
Is Miyamoto blind? I mean, I really respect the guy, but the movie isn't even close to the actual games.
The only things the movie got right were that Mario and Luigi are plumbers and that Yoshi is a dinosaur....

Last edited:

Strofirko

Smash Master
But if you guys want a GOOD Super Mario Bros. film, I'd STRONGLY recommend the 1986 anime film, "Super Mario Bros.: Peach-hime Kyushutsu Dai Sakusen!" (Translation: "The Great Mission to Rescue Princess Peach").

You can easily find it on YouTube subbed (some even went far enough to DUB it). My only complaint is that the ending suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.
7.8/10
Too much friendzone
Luigi is wario before wario even exists.
Toad is naked.

D

Deleted member

I find it hilarious that (some) people think "T. Yoshisaur Munchakoopas" is Yoshi's "real" name. Did NCL say anything on the matter? Then it's not canon. It's like naming Amy "Sally Acorn" in Sonic CD's NA manual.. ugh. Wikipedia, please retract that soon.™

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
I like Sonic OVA. Knuckles has this cool hat! Seriously though why are they British?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I find it hilarious that (some) people think "T. Yoshisaur Munchakoopas" is Yoshi's "real" name. Did NCL say anything on the matter? Then it's not canon. It's like naming Amy "Sally Acorn" in Sonic CD's NA manual.. ugh. Wikipedia, please retract that soon.™
Could "T. Yoshisaur Munchakoopas" be the specific name of the one Yoshi in SMW that has an actual house?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Could "T. Yoshisaur Munchakoopas" be the specific name of the one Yoshi in SMW that has an actual house?
It's not really canon unless Nintendo of Japan says so.
I'm not sure. But whatever. :yoshimelee:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well, AP exams begin tomorrow and I'm gonna be starting with the AP Environmental Science exam. I think I should do some preparations for it, so I'll be leaving now. See ya guys later!
Good luck! I always hated that it was a morning exam...I always did better on the afternoon ones. I'm confident that I would have gotten a 5 instead of a 4 if it were in the afternoon. :laugh: Ah well, I still get the college credit for it. :p

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
If you want to watch it...WOW, some anime borrow a lot of the sound effects... Like Pokemon up in here.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If you want to watch it...WOW, some anime borrow a lot of the sound effects... Like Pokemon up in here.
Holy...

I'm just realizing after watching the first five minutes that I used to have this on VHS. Huh.

All these years and I never realized that.

...Man, Tails' voice is annoying.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
For a video game adaption, the Sonic OVA is actually pretty decent. Cheesy sure, but still somewhat fun to watch. Now we have a live- action film to look forward to...yay...

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
TRYING TO MAKE SHADOW GIF.
edit: Can someone make the gif smaller?

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
You know what I love the most about Sonic OVA? It pretty much captures the action and design from the games almost perfectly, and it has Metal Sonic! The only things missing is the abundance of shuttle loops, slopes and halfpipes....and rings.

And Amy

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
The Sonic OVA was entertaining, specially the parts with Metal Sonic, but I don't think those fanfiction OCs were neccessary (still better than those from Equestria Girls)

Soul.

Annoying voices lol. Reminds me of Sonic's voice starting in Sonic X/Shadow the Hedgehog until 2010.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So I've been getting into Pokemon Shuffle, and I'm really getting annoyed at Mega Mawile.
For one, there's five Pokemon on the board, and there's Pokemon being frozen every other turn, yet the game expects me to do all sorts of flashy combos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom