• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
I haven't really thought of that. In the other hand, I'm more of a Nintendo guy, so I think it would be a waste of money, like the Xbox 360 I had. Maybe? Hmm..
There's only a hand full of good vita games in my opinon especially if you don't count the remasters since you can basically plays those on a ps3 unless you really want them but i say its good to get since i payed for Playstation vita for Persona 4 golden and i regret now that they have Playstation tv plus the playstation tv can play ps1 games aswell

I still don't know if there are any good 3DS games coming out this year. Fire Emblem is coming out next year.... I've never played a FE game mind you.
F2P games lol. Xenoblade is top tier but ehhh. Pokémon stuff would be cool.
well obviously there heavily focusing on the Wii U as you saw for this year

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I still don't know if there are any good 3DS games coming out this year. Fire Emblem is coming out next year.... I've never played a FE game mind you.
F2P games lol. Xenoblade is top tier but ehhh. Pokémon stuff would be cool.
Buy Awakening. Grind the hell out of the units. Buy all the DLC. Grind your maxed stats. Beat Apotheosis.

There is your sixth month plan.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
idk man Paper Mario isn't what use to be in my opinion
...I should have said....AGAIN, I meant back to root.

If I wish a new Paper Mario, I ALWAYS mean back to root and I consider spm to be fine....but they probably won`t go for it.

Also, trust me, I have several reaosns to think it might be about to change....and yes, I`m aware of SS.....I told so much time my opinion on it :)

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
I was going to mention Awakening. Depends honestly.
How long is the story?
Pretty decently long actually if read through it

Talk about Nintendo Power
...I should have said....AGAIN, I meant back to root.

If I wish a new Paper Mario, I ALWAYS mean back to root and I consider spm to be fine....but they probably won`t go for it.

Also, trust me, I have several reaosns to think it might be about to change....and yes, I`m aware of SS.....I told so much time my opinion on it :)
Super paper mario i disliked and Sticker star was meh the original papermario was good but Thousand year door for NGC was what took it home for me it was so good and addictive the story was incredibly well made teary eyed the jokes were humorous and clever to me that was the best paper mario

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I was going to mention Awakening. Depends honestly.
How long is the story?
With grinding: lol wut story
Little/no grind: a few hours, not including the paralogues and DLC

I will warn you, the story has some obvious flaws but it isn't a bad game.

D

Deleted member

There's only a hand full of good vita games in my opinon especially if you don't count the remasters since you can basically plays those on a ps3 unless you really want them but i say its good to get since i payed for Playstation vita for Persona 4 golden and i regret now that they have Playstation tv plus the playstation tv can play ps1 games aswell
I see. I haven't really thought of any, to be honest. It's very unlikely that I'll be getting a Vita at this rate.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Pretty decently long actually if read through it

Talk about Nintendo Power

Super paper mario i disliked and Sticker star was meh the original papermario was good but Thousand year door for NGC was what took it home for me it was so good and addictive the story was incredibly well made teary eyed the jokes were humorous and clever to me that was the best paper mario
I love TTYD, I love pm64, I love SPM (the story is just so good), but SS....it just is the other M of the series.

Btw, have you noticed A LOT of assets from spm are actually from TTYD?

Actually, why not like spm? I ask you because i honestly find this game underratted.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Like 10 people own Injustice WiiU
You know you're wrong about that right?

I see. I haven't really thought of any, to be honest. It's very unlikely that I'll be getting a Vita at this rate.
Like i said Playstation vita isn't a bad idea it's just that Playstation tv is the better little brother since it can do most of what vita can do aswell be played on a big screen

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
I love TTYD, I love pm64, I love SPM (the story is just so good), but SS....it just is the other M of the series.

Btw, have you noticed A LOT of assets from spm are actually from TTYD?

Actually, why not like spm? I ask you because i honestly find this game underratted.
Tbh on spm it made me feel like it was another New super mario bros game yeah the story was unique of course and i did like it but i hated the gameplay of it yes i know the elements from thousand year door were there but not how i wanted it also i really miss the original RPG mechanics made it feel you had to get prepared for the big battle ahead

Soul.

With grinding: lol wut story
Little/no grind: a few hours, not including the paralogues and DLC

I will warn you, the story has some obvious flaws but it isn't a bad game.
I honestly don't mind the story. Just want to try out other games. I know Smash is love and **** but still lol

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I honestly don't mind the story. Just want to try out other games. I know Smash is love and **** but still lol
That reminds me, I think I should do another run on Awakening.

Smash has been taking my time away from other games.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Tbh on spm it made me feel like it was another New super mario bros game yeah the story was unique of course and i did like it but i hated the gameplay of it yes i know the elements from thousand year door were there but not how i wanted it also i really miss the original RPG mechanics made it feel you had to get prepared for the big battle ahead
oh that....

Well, I guess I had very different tastes because here`s a fun story, I had waited way too long to play spm because I felt I could not enjoy it. I normally and I literally mean it JUST PLAINLY SUCK at 2D mario platformer. NSMB is even a nightmare for me and despite loving the smw design, I could not enjoy it with how much I suck.

But I realised after playing a lot of things:

It`s not a platformer not it is an rpg, it`s both and the big difference is you can`t consider each genre sepparatly.....there`s a circular dependency between them. So, what happened is I loved the rpg side which was suited to work well with the platformer side which was made to work well with the rpg side....result, I love the game :)

I honestly think to renew the series, this was genius.

However, it has several flaws

Unlike the first 2 games, its quality is inconsistent. At times (1-4 and mostly 3-4), the game has jokes that are actually better than the best of TTYD, but if I view the whole game overall....it just isn`;t the case. Like, Pixl (like the boomer one) are very funny when you encounter them, but that`s it. TTYD had always fun dialogues with partners and let`s get this straitgh, Gombella tattles >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tippi tattle....Finally, the boss are really a joke. Even the final one.

However, it bring stuff to the series that I have to prasie this game. The ost is just as awesome as ever, there;s the most hilarious scene in any Paper Mario game....swoon.exe, the deepest story and the genius behind the flipping.

Add the cuteness of some location....overthere cloud is just....OMG I JUST WANT TO BOUNCE IN THEM!!!!!

But I realised that realtime was just neatly integrated in the game....the score as EXP was brilliant. See, the platformer is so tied with rpg and the opposite is so true that I felt I played a different genre.

That is why I think spm is underrated, it was expected to be TTYD 2.0 when it jsut shouldn`t have been expected. For trying something new, the potential really was there, it jsut wasn;t as exploted as much as TTYD did. Pm64 is you view it, it is the spm of what would have become TTYD. It had limitations on the system and TTYD broke all of them.

But SS, there`s jsut no question here. If you read the Iwata ask, you know EXACTLY what i`m talking about.....

D

Deleted member

You know you're wrong about that right?

Like i said Playstation vita isn't a bad idea it's just that Playstation tv is the better little brother since it can do most of what vita can do aswell be played on a big screen
Well, being less expensive than the Vita itself is a plus, but it's not something I'm planning to get at the moment.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I have no Idea of what you're talking about :secretkpop:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I'll probably take one month to think about my vote lol

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
oh that....

Well, I guess I had very different tastes because here`s a fun story, I had waited way too long to play spm because I felt I could not enjoy it. I normally and I literally mean it JUST PLAINLY SUCK at 2D mario platformer. NSMB is even a nightmare for me and despite loving the smw design, I could not enjoy it with how much I suck.

But I realised after playing a lot of things:

It`s not a platformer not it is an rpg, it`s both and the big difference is you can`t consider each genre sepparatly.....there`s a circular dependency between them. So, what happened is I loved the rpg side which was suited to work well with the platformer side which was made to work well with the rpg side....result, I love the game :)

I honestly think to renew the series, this was genius.

However, it has several flaws

Unlike the first 2 games, its quality is inconsistent. At times (1-4 and mostly 3-4), the game has jokes that are actually better than the best of TTYD, but if I view the whole game overall....it just isn`;t the case. Like, Pixl (like the boomer one) are very funny when you encounter them, but that`s it. TTYD had always fun dialogues with partners and let`s get this straitgh, Gombella tattles >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tippi tattle....Finally, the boss are really a joke. Even the final one.

However, it bring stuff to the series that I have to prasie this game. The ost is just as awesome as ever, there;s the most hilarious scene in any Paper Mario game....swoon.exe, the deepest story and the genius behind the flipping.

Add the cuteness of some location....overthere cloud is just....OMG I JUST WANT TO BOUNCE IN THEM!!!!!

But I realised that realtime was just neatly integrated in the game....the score as EXP was brilliant. See, the platformer is so tied with rpg and the opposite is so true that I felt I played a different genre.

That is why I think spm is underrated, it was expected to be TTYD 2.0 when it jsut shouldn`t have been expected. For trying something new, the potential really was there, it jsut wasn;t as exploted as much as TTYD did. Pm64 is you view it, it is the spm of what would have become TTYD. It had limitations on the system and TTYD broke all of them.

But SS, there`s jsut no question here. If you read the Iwata ask, you know EXACTLY what i`m talking about.....
Nope i didn't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom