• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Ryu getting in the game means we'll get the third Smash character to be explicitly from Earth/real world, after Snake and Little Mac.
Mario and Luigi are Italian though, and there's ROB who is not even fictional.

:231:

Last edited:

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
I don't want Roy to be in the game... I hope it's just Ryu. Roy doesn't make sense... Just change his moveset pleeaasseeee.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
I don't want Roy to be in the game... I hope it's just Ryu. Roy doesn't make sense... Just change his moveset pleeaasseeee.
I rather have the opposite :dazwa:

I dunno I just dont think Ryu is that interesting of an addition. I'd much rather have more Mega Men in this, like Zero. I think Zero would be cool.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The files suggest that both will be in.

I think Roy could have some changes, like how Falco and Ganondorf had between Melee and Brawl.

Given Roy was intended for Brawl, as unused files suggest, Sakurai likely had ideas to change his moveset.

Mario and Luigi are Italian though, and there's ROB who is not even fictional.

Forgot about R.O.B. lol

And I don't remember Mario and Luigi being Italian. Pretty sure that has been retconned and they're from the Mushroom Kingdom.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
The files suggest that both will be in.

I think Roy could have some changes, like how Falco and Ganondorf had between Melee and Brawl.

Given Roy was intended for Brawl, as unused files suggest, Sakurai likely had ideas to change his moveset.

Forgot about R.O.B. lol

And I don't remember Mario and Luigi being Italian. Pretty sure that has been retconned and they're from the Mushroom Kingdom.
What? They've always been italian. Unless you mean they're explicitly stated to be from Italy?
They were originally italian plumbers from Brooklyn but now they're just italian plumbers from the Mushroom Kingdom.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wrecking crew and Donkey kong canonically took place in the real world

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
You know what I REALLY wish SSBU didn't take out from Brawl?

The ability to write comments on stages.

Maybe I WANT to specify that stage a is from "Creatures (PC,1996)" or "Melee (E3 2001 Demo)" or "Eto Rangers (Anime, 1995) without awkwardly trying to squeeze it in the title, because I have really all-over-the-place interests. This is also an issue with past stages; particularly Mushroom Kingdom, since I have both the 64 AND Melee versions of that.

Last edited:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I hope we get a second DLC pack for MKX. Baraka, Rain, Kabal and Sindel would make my day, considering you can fight against all of them but Kabal in the story, so they already have movesets.

Also, MKX's story blows a big one in comparison to MK9.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
As much a Street Fighter fan I am, I don't think I'll ever get into MK. I bought Injustice: Gods Among us when it first released, and as much as I liked the watching the matches and superhero characters fight each other, the MK control scheme and mechanics was too strict to my liking. Street Fighter is strict, but not that strict.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Why do I keep confusing Mortal Kombat X with Mario Kart Ten when everyone calls it MKX?
Because apparently, they taught Mathematics at your school with Roman Numerals.

You don't count to 10, you count to I II III IV V VI VII VIII VX X

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431

You don't count to 10, you count to I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X
Fixed 9 for you.

Damn, :4greninja:

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

You don't count to 10, you count to I II III IV V VI VII VIII VX X
Lol, you try to outsmart me, but you don't even do your joke properly.

VX isn't even a Roman numeral. Even if it was, it would mean five numbers before 10, therefore it would just be 5.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
That is good, mah boi.
I only have until May 9th before the semester and school year is over, so I'm excited. But I'm not going home until the 16th as I'm staying around campus for graduation here. Should be fun :D

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Lol, you try to outsmart me, but you don't even do your joke properly.

VX isn't even a Roman numeral. Even if it was, it would mean five numbers before 10, therefore it would just be 5.
I wasn't outsmarting you. I was joke jabbing around like I always do.

And you were Greninja'd twice.

That's twice the Ninja'd, :3.

Last edited:

T1T0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
12321a
Greninja beating the **** out of Robin, so nothing new really

...now how 'bout that soda war? :troll:

Meanwhile I got two Volcarona from Smogon today!
I thought we resolved that, it was Coke by a landslide right? But bringing up pepsiman again would be nice

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It can't be both, one has to come out on top.:smirk:
Who shall win?
It's Coke.
:p
Unlike the US, they are more evenly matched here, probably because they entered the market at around the same time. Though shops usually keep one or the other.

Personally, I do prefer Coca Cola.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Pepsi and Coca Cola became so interchangable that when I go to a place that doesnt have one of them, I usually order it by accident and just get the other one instead. For some reason I've always been mixing both of them up when ordering meals, yet nobody seems to notice or care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom