• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Let's wait and see, with no expectations. Allows you to enjoy the hype if true, and also protects you from disappointment if false. June will see a rise in per capita popcorn consumption.

:231:
i can i see roy happening but ryu? idk man he's been in more cross overs then mario himself

Last edited:

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
But wouldn't Roy be redundant if he's yet another Marth clone (again)?
i'm leaning to actually being ike clone this time tbh i mean even as a marth clone for melee he was obviously a heavy hitter and as i said with the ryu thing we already got one blue guy who can already do shoryuken and represents capcom

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Speaking of the Ryu/Roy leak, I have made an interesting discovery regarding that.

As you may know, among the data discovered, there are two Kirby songs: Dream Land 64 and a song from Kirby Air Ride.

A glitch in Classic mode on the 3DS version now has Kirby, Dedede and Meta Knight sometimes appearing on Battlefield instead of the Game Boy Dream Land stage.

Here are playthroughs as Mewtwo as evidence of my claims:
https://youtu.be/vuz7FPR87m4 (Meta Knight showing up on Battlefield)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mLFfpLgKGs (Giant Kirby on Battlefield)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRp2Sazp5RQ (GB Dream Land can still appear...)

This is a huge point for the data dumps being future content.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Maybe the file structure requires them to put some data before the actual content can be downloaded, but their encryption is still no match for the hackers. That's what I think. They probably don't have an option.

Mewtwo didn't have any files until yesterday... Neither did HW's evil trio (no playable character files, bizarrely), Twili Midna, the GLA Kart and co., or any of the first DLC tracks for MK8. Actually, none of the DLC characters or costumes had files in MK8. And you'd think they'd just fill the sound files with dummy SFX and give the DLC characters code names as to not spoil anything if they had to.

DougX

Smash Champion
My Super Secret Underwater Volcano Lair in Space
NNID
Luigirasendori
3DS FC
0877-2652-6033
Speaking of the Ryu/Roy leak, I have made an interesting discovery regarding that.

As you may know, among the data discovered, there are two Kirby songs: Dream Land 64 and a song from Kirby Air Ride.

A glitch in Classic mode on the 3DS version now has Kirby, Dedede and Meta Knight sometimes appearing on Battlefield instead of the Game Boy Dream Land stage.

Sounds promising and interesting...

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962

Yeah, I was wondering why Meta Knight kept appearing on Battlefield.

D

Deleted member

Huh. Interesting find.

MainJPW

M.T.A
This day is quite interesting. From the data mines to the speculationand now the Kirby stage, it just doesn't seem like the hype train is making any stops anytime soon.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I don't believe the Royu leak. The Street Fighter 2 music is what gives it away.

A Wii U stage, I could understand, but a 3DS Street Fighter stage would more likely be taken from Street Fighter 4 since that was the only main series SF game on a portable console.

D

Deleted member

I didn't even notice this whole Meta Knight on Battlefield thing until now, but then again, I never encountered him when playing :4mewtwo:.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

It has happened to me... I didn't think much of it, but I had no idea this could be related to the leak. :laugh:
Oh boy.

D

Deleted member

I don't believe the Royu leak. The Street Fighter 2 music is what gives it away.

A Wii U stage, I could understand, but a 3DS Street Fighter stage would more likely be taken from Street Fighter 4 since that was the only main series SF game on a portable console.
F-Zero got a stage in 3DS and that's a game that came out in a home console decades ago. So a SF2 stage is possible.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I find it odd that the music isn't remixed
Most, if not all victory music is remixed, no?
So why, out of all chars, does a newcomer have a regular theme?
Grain of salt
Unrelated but man it's gonna take me a while to learn Greninja

Last edited:

Soul.

Said this lots of times now, but where the **** is Smashville on 3DS. Come onnn

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I didn't even notice this whole Meta Knight on Battlefield thing until now, but then again, I never encountered him when playing :4mewtwo:.
Any Kirby character can now appear on Battlefield in addition to the Dream Land GB stage and the hackers found 2 Kirby songs. Each 3DS stage has two songs.

THIS slip-up, in addition to three different reliable sources making the exact same claims, confirms the leak to me.

Other games, Mario Kart 8 included, had similar situations in which DLC content already had residual content before their release. This isn't anything new.

Classic mode simply matches characters and stages by series, so for example, any Mario character will appear on any Mario stage.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
F-Zero got a stage in 3DS and that's a game that came out in a home console decades ago. So a SF2 stage is possible.
It would still be really lazy if you ask me. And his victory theme being apparently directly ripped from SNES as well is also suspicious.
I mean, not even :4pacman::4duckhunt::4gaw::4rob:, etc. use an unchanged victory theme.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
It would still be really lazy if you ask me. And his victory theme being apparently directly ripped from SNES as well is also suspicious.
I mean, not even :4pacman::4duckhunt::4gaw::4rob:, etc. use an unchanged victory theme.
Sonic has his victory jingle straight from Sonic 2006, so there's precedence.

Almost all victory jingles this time are ripped from Brawl.

D

Deleted member

Any Kirby character can now appear on Battlefield in addition to the Dream Land GB stage and the hackers found 2 Kirby songs. Each 3DS stage has two songs.

THIS slip-up, in addition to three different reliable sources making the exact same claims, confirms the leak to me.

Other games, Mario Kart 8 included, had similar situations in which DLC content already had residual content before their release. This isn't anything new.

Classic mode simply matches characters and stages by series, so for example, any Mario character will appear on any Mario stage.
I suppose Dream Land 64 is coming back as a familiar stage on 3DS, if that's the case... ? Dunno.
But I see.

Strofirko

Smash Master
Pacman had a placeholder theme ripped from ghostly adventures,as stated by smashwiki.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I suppose Dream Land 64 is coming back as a familiar stage on 3DS, if that's the case... ? Dunno.
But I see.
Given one of the Kirby songs is the Dream Land theme from Smash 64, it seems likely.

Unless we have a situation like Jungle Japes, which uses the Kongo Jungle 64 theme and the new Gear Getaway remix instead of its original song.

D

Deleted member

To be fair, it could all be placeholder stuff. Pac-Man's victory theme was ripped from a segment of the Ghostly Adventures theme when he was shown at the E3 Roundtable, and Diddy and Lucario's stock portraits were recycled from Brawl when we saw them in the April Smash Direct last year, for a couple examples.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

It could be a placeholder. You never know.

Twewy

Smash Lord
Unless we have a situation like Jungle Japes, which uses the Kongo Jungle 64 theme and the new Gear Getaway remix instead of its original song.
It didn't use the Melee Jungle Japes song? Huh. Then again, Smash loves remixing Jungle Japes for every game at least once.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
All in all, with this glitch, my stance on the leak is: it's true.

I have discussed this with people on the Leaks group and I know trustworthy people in regards to data dumps.

Sorry to be blunt, but at this point, anyone who thinks this is fake is in denial.

Twewy

Smash Lord

I have discussed this with people on the Leaks group and I know trustworthy people in regards to data dumps.

Sorry to be blunt, but at this point, anyone who thinks this is fake is in denial.
It's not like Cutting Room Floor lies about its findings anyway, otherwise we'd have crap on there like "LOL LUIGI IS IN MARIO 64 I FOUND IT IN THE FOLDER FOLDER".

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
It didn't use the Melee Jungle Japes song? Huh. Then again, Smash loves remixing Jungle Japes for every game at least once.
For some reason, no, the Jungle Japes theme from Melee isn't present in any version of Smash 4 at all.

So, Jungle Japes uses the Smash 64 version as its default song. It's the only returning stage to not have any of the music it originally played there.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Sir, is this a trick question?
You'd think Nintendo would of learned their lesson by now.

Actually, they did a pretty good job scrubbing down SSB3D and U besides the 8-player Smash thing. No "forbidden seven" like in Brawl sans the ICs who only have a sound file and an indicator for sorting trophies. Only thing remotely interesting is a test tone from KIU (suggesting SSB3D may of been worked off of KIU) and the menu graphics for the sharing modes.

MainJPW

M.T.A

Honestly, this isn't even a leak, it's actual data found in the game. Actual data that was (Unintentionally?) patched INTO the game at that.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Honestly, this isn't even a leak, it's actual data found in the game. Actual data that was (Unintentionally?) patched INTO the game at that.
Pretty much.

This is all likely unintended. The Wii U version actually doesn't have any such data, only having data on Mewtwo and the new Mii costumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom