• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
Mewtwo is suddenly Ganondorf now? :troll:

That guy has a reputation in regards to 3DS hacking, so unless he wants to throw away that reputation...
And he didn't know who Ryu is? No I agree it's too early to tell but come on dude. I've never played a Street Fighter game and I could probably name at least ten fighters in the main games alone, let alone Ryu. In a way he'd fit like a glove in the game, particularly if he comes with more Street Fighter goodness like a stage and Assist Trophy and stuff like that. I only have two problems with it: 1. It would be very strange for Capcom of all companies to be the only 3rd party to get two characters in the same game, despite how iconic and suitable the two are 2. If Capcom get a second character, it should obviously be Phoenix Wright :)

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
@SG9000
If you do have a spare code that I could give to my Sister as an apology, hit me up with a PM.
I'd appreciate it greatly :b:
Tsk. Desperate to find a way out of your mistakes. :smirk:

So I did this...
-You've successfully acquired Mewtwo!
-You defeated your first Mewtwo on For Glory!

:4palutena:
Lemme guess, you don't like Mewtwo.

And he didn't know who Ryu is? No I agree it's too early to tell but come on dude. I've never played a Street Fighter game and I could probably name at least ten fighters in the main games alone, let alone Ryu. In a way he'd fit like a glove in the game, particularly if he comes with more Street Fighter goodness like a stage and Assist Trophy and stuff like that. I only have two problems with it: 1. It would be very strange for Capcom of all companies to be the only 3rd party to get two characters in the same game, despite how iconic and suitable the two are 2. If Capcom get a second character, it should obviously be Phoenix Wright :)
What does not knowing who Ryu is has to do with hacking data from the 3DS version? It's irrelevant.

By the way, I'm not defending the leak, but that sort of argument is iffy at best.

Someone else needs to hack the 3DS version and verify that.

Though it begs the question: if the guy has a reputation as a hacker, why would he fake something like this?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
To be fair, there are plenty of characters named Ryu.
Like Ryu from Ninja Gaiden, and Ryūichi Naruhodō (also known as Phoenix Wright) to name a few. It could be anyone really.

But regardless if it is Street Fighter Ryu, I'd main him in a heartbeat.

Last edited:

Strofirko

Smash Master
Like Ryu from Ninja Gaiden, and Ryūichi Naruhodō (also known as Phoenix Wright) to name a few. It could be anyone really.

The soundfiles are from Street fighter II.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Because a single word changes everything. Stupid jokes.
What, can't I say the word? Overrated? No?
Maybe if you didn't call so many things "overrated" I wouldn't make jokes about it. :4yoshi:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Though it begs the question: if the guy has a reputation as a hacker, why would he fake something like this?
Fame. Look at Rayman guy, everybody forgot who he was, he made that leak and BAM! He got famous.
I'm not saying it's fake, just on the fence.

The victory theme was Ryu's SF2 theme.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Seems very weird to get Ryu, if legit, for 2 reasons:

1 - A company who already has one of their characters in (:4megaman:) getting another character
2 - Sakurai stated he's not a fan of adding characters from fighting games

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well I was able to find a video with the music. And personally there's something that's bugging me.
Is it just me, or does the victory theme seem out of place? Most themes tend to at least be remixes, but in this case it's straight from the original material. Why is that?

Soul.

Well I was able to find a video with the music. And personally there's something that's bugging me.
Is it just me, or does the victory theme seem out of place? Most themes tend to at least be remixes, but in this case it's straight from the original material. Why is that?
Because God forbid we can't have source material

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Lemme guess, you don't like Mewtwo.
Well I have mixed feelings. He was one of my melee mains along with Bowser (my number 1), Pichu (I hated Pika), and Zelda (no Sheik), but I wished ppl did shut up with him in Smash 4... but now we got him, and well... I'm neutral atm. We'll see how tier lists look later on and that will determine more of my feelings. I just hope he won't be a top tier in case I want to have him as a 3rd main.
Sadly for me, it's gonna take a long time to get used to his floaty jumps and weird teleport if I ever do choose to use him.

In other news...
#DiddyNerf Yay...

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I'M SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW!!
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMYES!
RIBBON ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAD!
And I was right! It IS COOL!
Ribbon Road??
CHEESE LAND?!?

GBA is love, GBA is life

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
*playing All-Star to get Mewtwo trophy*
*Mewtwo is in waiting room as a foe along with the others*
Welp.
Mewtwo (And other DLC Characters) can appear in All-Star.
Have fun 100%'ing the game once you get all the DLC Characters :b:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I sure hope it's fake.

"Chrom would be an Ike clone and offer nothing unique. Instead, have not one, but TWO Marth clones!"

If that happens Sakurai's off his rocker. :p
Technically we had two clones in Melee, it's Called Doc/Mario/Luigi :joyful:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Fame. Look at Rayman guy, everybody forgot who he was, he made that leak and BAM! He got famous.
I'm not saying it's fake, just on the fence.
Not quite the same thing.

This guy is already a reputed hacker, so he would lose his credibility by pulling such a stunt. He gains nothing from doing that.

Artsy Omni wasn't quite well known before, but he managed to fool everyone thanks to his incredible skills as an artist. He had no reputation, he had nothing to lose. In fact, he ended up becoming well-known as a result.

Anyway, I'm still skeptical, but it baffles me why would someone would throw away their credibility for the lulz. But I guess people will be people.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545

This guy is already a reputed hacker, so he would lose his credibility by pulling such a stunt. He gains nothing from doing that.

Artsy Omni wasn't quite well known before, but he managed to fool everyone thanks to his incredible skills as an artist. He had no reputation, he had nothing to lose. In fact, he ended up becoming well-known as a result.

Anyway, I'm still skeptical, but it baffles me why would someone would throw away their credibility for the lulz. But I guess people will be people.
I don't mean to brag, but I actually know the guy through IGN and I have him on facebook

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Ok Im too lazy to check previous pages, but this is what I found according to my notes

:4zelda:
-F-Tilt now deals 12% instead of 11%
-Landing lag for both Lighting Kicks seems to be decreased

:4lucina:
-D-Tilt now deals 8% instead of 9%
-Fully Charged F-Smash deals 21% instead of 20%
-Shield Breaker now deals 23% up from 21%

Inb4 Im wrong lol
what I missed?

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
So I just found out I got accepted to a Deaf camp that I applied for as a consulor. YES!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Technically we had two clones in Melee, it's Called Doc/Mario/Luigi :joyful:
At least Luigi was, well, Luigified at that point. And based on how movesets generally stay the same over the course of the series, that would be three characters who play exactly alike, and you'd need to pay for one of them.

I'm fully convinced Roy's not happening. Not so long as Lucina and Roy Koopa are there.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Yeah it does kind of confuse me. I mean, I like Ryu and all, but last I checked Sakurai wanted to avoid characters who originated in other fighting games. Also, for a second Capcom rep, which is already unlikely, there's other reasonable choices.

That said, if by some chance this is true(it likely isn't)Ryu could be fun to use.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Well I have mixed feelings. He was one of my melee mains along with Bowser (my number 1), Pichu (I hated Pika), and Zelda (no Sheik), but I wished ppl did shut up with him in Smash 4... but now we got him, and well... I'm neutral atm. We'll see how tier lists look later on and that will determine more of my feelings. I just hope he won't be a top tier in case I want to have him as a 3rd main.
Sadly for me, it's gonna take a long time to get used to his floaty jumps and weird teleport if I ever do choose to use him.

In other news...
#DiddyNerf Yay...
If you don't mind me asking, but why you hate top tier characters?
Ok Im too lazy to check previous pages, but this is what I found according to my notes

:4zelda:
-F-Tilt now deals 12% instead of 11%
-Landing lag for both Lighting Kicks seems to be decreased

:4lucina:
-D-Tilt now deals 8% instead of 9%
-Fully Charged F-Smash deals 21% instead of 20%
-Shield Breaker now deals 23% up from 21%

Inb4 Im wrong lol
what I missed?
Nothing just OMG Mewtwo!! Diddy got nerf finally!! That just about it.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I sure hope it's fake.

"Chrom would be an Ike clone and offer nothing unique. Instead, have not one, but TWO Marth clones!"

If that happens Sakurai's off his rocker. :p
Totally different situations.

Roy is a veteran. Lucina wasn't even planned to be a separate character, but a Marth alt.

The choice was between Chrom and Robin, the two protagonists of FEA. He wanted to pick a single protagonist from the game and, considering Marth and Ike were already planned for the game, he went with the character that would stand out more.

It was either:
1. Marth, Ike, Chrom - Blue-haired swordsman #1, blue-haired swordsman #2, blue-haired swordsman #3
2. Marth, Ike, Robin - Blue-haired swordsman #1, blue-haired swordsman #2, white-haired magic knight with selectable gender (and hair-colors)

The latter sounds objectively more appealing, as it shows FE is more than just blue-haired sword guys. At the same time, it also covers other aspects of the franchise the other two don't.

Plus, Roy has t3h ph1r3. Does Chrom have t3h ph13? :troll:

You can still hope for a Chrom costume set for a Mii Sword Fighter. :troll::troll:

Along with Roy as a DLC character. :troll::troll::troll:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I just got Mewtwo, it feels great, and Shadow Ball hits hilariously hard imo :laugh:

And Psystrike is weeeeaaak

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Seems very weird to get Ryu, if legit, for 2 reasons:

1 - A company who already has one of their characters in (:4megaman:) getting another character
2 - Sakurai stated he's not a fan of adding characters from fighting games
Those two reasons being extremely x9000 valid make me think Ryu won't be playable and therefore this thing is fake.

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
Well the things I can do now while waiting for the 28th are just going on for glory to fight Mewtwo and opening Spectate to watch Mewtwo...

But anyways I heard some people say the leak is Ryu from Ninja Gaiden... (Probably not)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom