• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
It begins:
If anyone pay for that they're dumb. Just wait a week for him he not that great to be paying $300 on that is enough money to buy a new console.
Smashboards is running really ****ty today.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Well the things I can do now while waiting for the 28th are just going on for glory to fight Mewtwo and opening Spectate to watch Mewtwo...

But anyways I heard some people say the leak is Ryu from Ninja Gaiden... (Probably not)
But the music files from the rumors were the EXACT songs from Street Fighter II.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I just got Mewtwo, it feels great, and Shadow Ball hits hilariously hard imo :laugh:
Fun Things to do with Shadow Ball:
Mewtwo Volley: Even 1 reflect can make a fully-charged SB an almost OHKO move, so get 2 Mewtwos an play an even riskier Smash Potato
Hoo-Hah MK II: Side B > Read > Shadow Ball = Kill Move
Other Fun Mewtwo Things:
Sw00ce: Mewtwo's Side B gives him a Yoshi's-Up-B-esque Hop in Mid-Air (But only once per Air trip, gotta land to refresh), great for a recovery boost
Side B Gimping: Pretty much explanitory

...Side B is awesome for Mewtwo.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Shadow Ball's long range makes me lel

Im so happy because :4lucina: got buffs... and because :4diddy: got dem nerfs lol

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
If you don't mind me asking, but why you hate top tier characters?

Nothing just OMG Mewtwo!! Diddy got nerf finally!! That just about it.
Well, you know how elitists can be. Many top tier mains I've encountered are jerks (like bashing Palutena or Brawl Pit for being potentially bad in their eyes) and this was true for Brawl MKs. If it wasn't that, it's my severe hatred of seeing desperation happen to use the top of the top when one's losing. Again, Brawl MK and Smash4 Diddy being examples. As it kept growing, I eventually grew to having a stereotype or paranoia if I ever see one of the higher ups.
From my standpoint, I like being unique, different, while enjoying the characters I love (Pit and Palutena... Bowser for Brawl), finding styles that fit me and make those characters look great. And then to be stopped by a top tier sellout (especially when said opponent loses a match)... That would set me off a lot, let alone seeing the character(s) I hate.

Of course, my hatred isn't always towards top tiers; it depends on how annoying some characters are, and sometimes it can be the people that influence my hatred. I'll only answer if given the name of a character or so... Sorry if this wasn't good enough of an answer.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Totally different situations.

Roy is a veteran. Lucina wasn't even planned to be a separate character, but a Marth alt.

The choice was between Chrom and Robin, the two protagonists of FEA. He wanted to pick a single protagonist from the game and, considering Marth and Ike were already planned for the game, he went with the character that would stand out more.

It was either:
1. Marth, Ike, Chrom - Blue-haired swordsman #1, blue-haired swordsman #2, blue-haired swordsman #3
2. Marth, Ike, Robin - Blue-haired swordsman #1, blue-haired swordsman #2, white-haired magic knight with selectable gender (and hair-colors)

The latter sounds objectively more appealing, as it shows FE is more than just blue-haired sword guys. At the same time, it also covers other aspects of the franchise the other two don't.

Plus, Roy has t3h ph1r3. Does Chrom have t3h ph13? :troll:

You can still hope for a Chrom costume set for a Mii Sword Fighter. :troll::troll:

Along with Roy as a DLC character. :troll::troll::troll:
I wouldn't call it totally different.

Veteran status shouldn't matter, especially since it's not even a matter of porting. Roy would need to be made from scratch. And then paid for.

And honestly? It wouldn't have been too hard to just make Chrom an Ike clone or semi-clone, and have Lucina be in Robin's Final Smash. Both have high quality models. But Sakurai opted for yet another Marth clone.

In a perfect world it'd have been Marth, Ike, Robin and Chrom, but eh.

But getting Roy now? That'd just be extra salt, since getting him back would blatantly go against what Sakurai already said. And it's not even like the demand is overwhelming for him compared to other characters. Roy is a Base Breaker in both the Fire Emblem and Smash Bros. fandom.

Plus there's still the Roy Koopa issue.

But eh.

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
Shadow Ball's long range makes me lel

Im so happy because :4lucina: got buffs... and because :4diddy: got dem nerfs lol
Lucina's buffs weren't so cool. But obviously I'm glad Diddy got nerfed... Now we know EVO is gonna be good.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I wouldn't call it totally different.

Veteran status shouldn't matter, especially since it's not even a matter of porting. Roy would need to be made from scratch. And then paid for.

And honestly? It wouldn't have been too hard to just make Chrom an Ike clone or semi-clone, and have Lucina be in Robin's Final Smash. Both have high quality models. But Sakurai opted for yet another Marth clone.

In a perfect world it'd have been Marth, Ike, Robin and Chrom, but eh.

But getting Roy now? That'd just be extra salt, since getting him back would blatantly go against what Sakurai already said. And it's not even like the demand is overwhelming for him compared to other characters. Roy is a Base Breaker in both the Fire Emblem and Smash Bros. fandom.

But eh.
You may not know this, but Roy has significant popularity in Japan. Since Lucas was confirmed, the Japanese Miiverse had quite a bunch art for Roy and Wolf returning.

Lucas also had more popularity in Japan and you know what happened.

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
But eh.
Well, if you were able to download the sound files for Roy, it would play a victory theme for Fire Emblem characters... So that basically gets Roy Koopa out of the way.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I've been keeping up with characters and stages and such on Project M, but I only just now found out about its new stamina mode.

...I can see why people like it so much. o_o

Can't believe it's possible to create that "wrap-around" blast zone effect in Brawl.

----

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
Yess. Update is almost done downloading. Ready to join the Mewtwo fest that is For Glory until the hype dies down, which will probably be like 2-3 matches, probably, and then go back to being a frog.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well, if you were able to download the sound files for Roy, it would play a victory theme for Fire Emblem characters... So that basically gets Roy Koopa out of the way.
I mean having two characters literally named Roy. As in, "The winner is...Roy!" being used for two completely unrelated characters.

You may not know this, but Roy has significant popularity in Japan. Since Lucas was confirmed, the Japanese Miiverse had quite a bunch art for Roy and Wolf returning.

And he also has a lot of unpopularity. It's a good mix. That's my point.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Lucina's buffs weren't so cool. But obviously I'm glad Diddy got nerfed... Now we know EVO is gonna be good.
I've always had problems racking up damage with Lucina, so the buffs feel awesome for me lol
and yeah hoo ha getting rekt is beautiful

What about :4sheik:, :4zss:, and.. :4greninja:, though?
I don't know... but :4greninja: got nerfed obviously :troll:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Well, you know how elitists can be. Many top tier mains I've encountered are jerks (like bashing Palutena or Brawl Pit for being potentially bad in their eyes) and this was true for Brawl MKs. If it wasn't that, it's my severe hatred of seeing desperation happen to use the top of the top when one's losing. Again, Brawl MK and Smash4 Diddy being examples. As it kept growing, I eventually grew to having a stereotype or paranoia if I ever see one of the higher ups.
From my standpoint, I like being unique, different, while enjoying the characters I love (Pit and Palutena... Bowser for Brawl), finding styles that fit me and make those characters look great. And then to be stopped by a top tier sellout (especially when said opponent loses a match)... That would set me off a lot, let alone seeing the character(s) I hate.

Of course, my hatred isn't always towards top tiers; it depends on how annoying some characters are, and sometimes it can be the people that influence my hatred. I'll only answer if given the name of a character or so... Sorry if this wasn't good enough of an answer.
That's understandable there are some people that makes me feel like that sometimes too.Some act like they are going to be the next champ at EVO or something and they really suck the fun out of the game and ruin it for the true mains that main those characters because they like them and not tiers.
Was :4greninja: nerfed?
Nope not that I know of.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So, is it true that Mewtwo doesn't get custom moves? It's understandable, as it would take some work. But a little disappointing I suppose.

Overall, it seems like he's better than his Melee counterpart. So I'm happy about that.

D

Deleted member

So, is it true that Mewtwo doesn't get custom moves? It's understandable, as it would take some work. But a little disappointing I suppose.

Overall, it seems like he's better than his Melee counterpart. So I'm happy about that.
Yes, it's true. Mewtwo doesn't get custom moves.. might've been put on hold for the public release, I think.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
People should hold off getting angry that Mewtwo don't have any custom move until he is release world wide, they may not be finish yet. I just hoping we don't have to unlock them like the other characters.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
That's understandable there are some people that makes me feel like that sometimes too.Some act like they are going to be the next champ at EVO or something and they really suck the fun out of the game and ruin it for the true mains that main those characters because they like them and not tiers.

Nope not that I know of.
Sadly I also have mixed feelings when it comes to custom Palutena. She's getting more attention, but do they really like Palutena, or do they only use her for her customs and not respect her normally or her default specials? Do they really like the character or do they use em for how good he/she is? That's also why it hurt me with Brawl MK because I actually did like him in the Kirby TV show, but Brawl made me hate him... (thankfully he's tolerable in Smash 4). Then you have Diddy, part of my childhood along with DK thanks to DKC on the Super Nintendo... you get the idea.

I don't mind doing a rant or 2 if it helps, but some may not be favorable.

Soul.

inb4 Smash 4 at EVO turns out to be boring with custom move camping because wahh it's now or never.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Woke up from a dream about a bunch of spiders falling from the ceiling around 7:30am. Decided to check e-mail and I got Mewtwo code around 6:30am. Downloaded, played Smash Run a few times with him, then went back to sleep. I'm having fun playing as Mewtwo.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054

The two are actually fairly divisive characters, namely due to the perceived quality of their games. A simple "vote X" poll is terrible at deciding popularity.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
People should hold off getting angry that Mewtwo don't have any custom move until he is release world wide, they may not be finish yet. I just hoping we don't have to unlock them like the other characters.
What did you expect from something like Smash Bros? People ***** over the smallest things

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
>Goes on Miiverse
>"Ey Guys, third person to comment "Ridley is Diddly" gets a Free Mewtwo code

\ Kappa /"
>Noone comments because obvious joke
>1 hour later
Untitled because no comment.png

Silly batrick.
If only you knew. :4pacman:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah, fair point. I don't have the code myself, so I'd have to go off of what other people know at the moment, regarding the character.

But it does make me wonder what moves they'll give Lucas, given if the game does give them customs.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
The two are actually fairly divisive characters, namely due to the perceived quality of their games. A simple "vote X" poll is terrible at deciding popularity.
Are they going to implement Global Vote Power?
:troll:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Sadly I also have mixed feelings when it comes to custom Palutena. She's getting more attention, but do they really like Palutena, or do they only use her for her customs and not respect her normally or her default specials? Do they really like the character or do they use em for how good he/she is? That's also why it hurt me with Brawl MK because I actually did like him in the Kirby TV show, but Brawl made me hate him... (thankfully he's tolerable in Smash 4). Then you have Diddy, part of my childhood along with DK thanks to DKC on the Super Nintendo... you get the idea.

I don't mind doing a rant or 2 if it helps, but some may not be favorable.
I can't say I have mix feelings about Shulk but I'm annoyed by some people see him as. The Memers really piss me off, they turn one of my most favorite taunts into my most hated taunt in less than a month. I wish they can just meme someone else and leave Shulk alone. I don't mind if they say it one in a while but it gets annoying hear and see it all the time I look up Shulk online. I don't mind the rants at all.
What did you expect from something like Smash Bros? People ***** over the smallest things
I don't expect anything, my expectations for this community is already low.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Damn, I've realized what the one bad thing about Ryu being in Smash! Little Mac x Ryu fan art and fanfictions would explode like wildfire and compete with Ryu x Ken as the popular Street Fighter slash pairing. This is will one hell of a day if it were to happen. :troll:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I can't say I have mix feelings about Shulk but I'm annoyed by some people see him as. The Memers really piss me off, they turn one of my most favorite taunts into my most hated taunt in less than a month. I wish they can just meme someone else and leave Shulk alone. I don't mind if they say it one in a while but it gets annoying hear and see it all the time I look up Shulk online. I don't mind the rants at all.

I don't expect anything, my expectations for this community is already low.
The memers started memeing the "feeling it" quote the second Shulk was revealed for Smash.

"Reyn Time!" was the popular quote before then.

----

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Damn, I've realized what the one bad thing about Ryu being in Smash! Little Mac x Ryu fan art and fanfictions would explode like wildfire and compete with Ryu x Ken as the popular Street Fighter slash pairing. This is will one hell of a day if it were to happen. :troll:
No there's a good thing about it..

THE SUPER SMASH BROS I'M GONNA PUNCH YOUR NUTS OUT CHAMPIONSHIP

:troll:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Now you know how I feel with Lucario, with people complaining he's OP and hating him due to the Aura.
Or when people call Lucina their waifu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom