• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I plugged in the old Gamecube yesterday and just now got done playing Melee for the first time in 5 years.

I can't tell what it its, but the reactions feel so delayed and clunky when compared to Smash 4, and I don't think it's my controller. Maybe it's just because I've spoiled myself with tap jump (which sucks in Melee) but I can not get myself to use X and Y to jump. :urg:
I think it's safe to say I'm not cut out to be a Melee player, that's for sure.

Oh well, time to leave it on all night to get Mewtwo, I guess.:smirk:

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
I plugged in the old Gamecube yesterday and just now got done playing Melee for the first time in 5 years.

I can't tell what it its, but the reactions feel so delayed and clunky when compared to Smash 4, and I don't think it's my controller. Maybe it's just because I've spoiled myself with tap jump (which sucks in Melee) but I can not get myself to use X and Y to jump. :urg:

did you play on an HD TV?
It makes the game laggy and delayed if you do.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
you dont gotta go COMPLETE defensive, but you do have to... spot dodge and stuff.
aggressive play is possible, when you add a bit of defensive to it. thats how this game kind of operates.
Yeah, I don't know how to find a balance.
I try to be a little defensive, but then my opponent invariably uses that to close all possible attack openings and then it turns into a straight-up ****ing campfest until the timer runs out.

Why am I still so passionate about this game when I hate the core aspects of it so much

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
I try to be a little defensive, but then my opponent invariably uses that to close all possible attack openings and then it turns into a straight-up ****ing campfest until the timer runs out.

Why am I still so passionate about this game when I hate the core aspects of it so much
eh, thats not true.
your opponents playing it like that depends on the player.
for instance, i tend to just keep moving around, either grabbing a shield or simply attempt to punish a spot dodge or roll. FG is full of scrubs (im jokingly using this term lol) that will simply shield and such as well, which can be boring. just gotta play with the right crowd. if you wanna avoid FG, i dont mind playing matches when im available.

that being said, due to how aggressive of a player you are and how much you seem to dislike how this game plays, perhaps look into 64 or melee. while im more of an aggressive player, i legitimately enjoy smash 4, and my only gripe with it is the shields themselves.

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious

obviously its because you hate yourself ;)

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
eh, thats not true.
your opponents playing it like that depends on the player.
for instance, i tend to just keep moving around, either grabbing a shield or simply attempt to punish a spot dodge or roll. FG is full of scrubs (im jokingly using this term lol) that will simply shield and such as well, which can be boring. just gotta play with the right crowd. if you wanna avoid FG, i dont mind playing matches when im available.

that being said, due to how aggressive of a player you are and how much you seem to dislike how this game plays, perhaps look into 64 or melee. while im more of an aggressive player, i legitimately enjoy smash 4, and my only gripe with it is the shields themselves.
I have way more gripes with 64 and Melee than this game. Especially "Wavecamping" Melee.

obviously its because you hate yourself ;)
I actually do. A lot. And I turn to it as my last hope of some kind of stress relief and it invariably backfires.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Good evening.

Went on FG yesterday to play a few rounds, but after my experience with lag, I've decided that I'm never playing online smash again unless the connection is better. I mean holy ****- a two second delay after each input? Yeah, **** that. I get better connection with my other games though, so that's alright. I'm also kinda sad nobody wanted to play Pokemon with me yesterday, but oh well. *shrug*

I played Splatoon instead. Unlocked the last skill slots in Octoling Boots and armor and combined the set with pilot goggles. My Inkling looks badass. Her abilities are alright too. Gotta reroll my armor though cause its got an unnecessary double in it.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
After thinking it for a while, rebooting Xena is going to be hard, specially with the cast; they can't put any random blond grill as Gabrielle

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054

If it's not the HDTV lagging things to heck, it's the lack of buffering.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
my god you hate for love live is just so extreme.
it cant be so bad to the point you just hate it for no reason at random moments.
I actually like Love Live!, I just say that because I'm bored and dunno what else to say.

Last edited:

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
Phew, shout outs to TSB Chaos and LoF Blue for a hype GF set in 8WayRun's Smash 4 tournament tonight.

You're not gonna believe this, but someone put Shia LaBeouf telling (probably) Bowser to JUST DO IT. Provided it's actually on Jason Axelrod's Youtube, it has to be seen to be believed.:131:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Good evening.

Went on FG yesterday to play a few rounds, but after my experience with lag, I've decided that I'm never playing online smash again unless the connection is better. I mean holy ****- a two second delay after each input? Yeah, **** that. I get better connection with my other games though, so that's alright. I'm also kinda sad nobody wanted to play Pokemon with me yesterday, but oh well. *shrug*
Whenever I get "two second input delay" matches, it's always against Ganondorf and his now-undodgeable Warlock Punches. GEE, I WONDER WHY. (I flat-out call these players "throttlers", because no way it's a coincidence.)

Professor Gravy

I've got a PhD in delicious
I have way more gripes with 64 and Melee than this game. Especially "Wavecamping" Melee.

I actually do. A lot. And I turn to it as my last hope of some kind of stress relief and it invariably backfires.
the only campy match ups in melee are ones that involve jiggly puff (and to a far lesser extent marth) smash 64 and smash 4 are both way more campy and camping is prevalent in literally every match-up in 64

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
<<< This is only 90% done, but meh, my impatient self wanted me to put the avatar up already. The final 10% is getting the star on the shield naturally. It needs to be titled and stretched so that it looks like it's actually a part of the shield and not just slapped on there. So if there's any of you that are savvy with Photoshop out there and want to finish off the final 10%, give me a holler and I'll send you the raw image of my avi and the star.

With that aside.... do you like it still?

Last edited:

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
<<< This is only 90% done, but meh, my impatient self wanted me to put the avatar up already. The final 10% is getting the star on the shield naturally. It needs to be titled and stretched so that it looks like it's actually a part of the shield and not just slapped on there. So if there's any of you that are savvy with Photoshop out there and want to finish off the final 10%, give me a holler and I'll send you the raw image of my avi and the star.

With that aside.... do you like it still?
maaaan it looks really good.
i really like the hair.
since the person I am waiting for is taking their sweet *** time, Im going to go on to bed. you sleep well
oh, good nightttt obo.

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
maaaan it looks really good.
i really like the hair.
Thanks! :grin: I was originally gonna go with black hair just so it represents my hair irl, but it just wouldn't work well for this sprite
, so I was like "screw it, gray hair master race."

All this pic needs is the perfect shield. Then I will be 100% happy with all the effort I've put into it. :4link:

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
Thanks! :grin: I was originally gonna go with black hair just so it represents my hair irl, but it just wouldn't work well for this sprite
, so I was like "screw it, gray hair master race."

All this pic needs is the perfect shield. Then I will be 100% happy with all the effort I've put into it. :4link:
you should be.
its looks hella official.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Not sure what to do
1) Get Dream Land 64 asap
2) Get Ryu first after saving up a bit more
3) Save up more and get a Kirby Amiibo
SO MANY QUESTIONS
SO LITTLE MONEY
:4pacman:

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Not sure what to do
SO MANY QUESTIONS
SO LITTLE TIME
codes
For me, characters are TOP priority. So I would go for Ryu.

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
Not sure what to do
SO MANY QUESTIONS
SO LITTLE TIME
codes
go for

you've been wanting it for like ever now.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I really wish the Ryu + Suzaku was optional
I don't wanna spend more cash to get a character when I'm probably not gonna play the stage ever

And I don't even have a credit card
All the money I'm getting is just rotting in a Picard's Peanuts piggy bank
So I ain't gonna be able to get anything until I get a Credit Card

EGGSALAD :4wario2:

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
No page advancements while I was gone? Mind blown. /s
Well, some of us have been pre-tty busy.

I really wish the Ryu + Suzaku was optional
I don't wanna spend more cash to get a character when I'm probably not gonna play the stage ever

And I don't even have a credit card
All the money I'm getting is just rotting in a Picard's Peanuts piggy bank
So I ain't gonna be able to get anything until I get a Credit Card

EGGSALAD :4wario2:
U can't just buy an eShop card?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
DL64 is $2.81 in Canadian moneys
So that means I should have enough to get it by the end of the week as long as I keep my room clean (For a shiny $2 of allowance)
All I need is a credit card
EXCELLENT :4wario:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom