• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul.

Sinnoh is still the best region. /s
To be fair, I honestly don't like talking about Pokémon games because of their story, how good they are, or how bad the Pokémon designs are. I don't care about that; I focus on the competitive aspect of the games myself because that's the biggest thing I like about Pokémon. It may not mean much to others, but to me, it does. You train all these creatures to become the strongest, right? Well then. lol

Adding into account that there's not much to do after beating the main game (in some), I feel that all of them are good.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Can't add anything to the conversation because I don't play these games. Come at me.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
The thing I like most consistently in all the Pokemon games is the music. Each game has areas where they are best at and areas that could be better, but the music is the one thing I consistently like. Probably why I won't ever be content with the amount of Pokemon music in Smash. I'd hope they would at least eventually have the Vs Champion Kanto theme in a Smash game...

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I think in the end it was the right move, since they did make 156 new Pokemon and putting them and old Pokemon all at once in the first game could've been overwhelming and detrimental to the need to acquaint players with the new Pokemon (since that is sort of important), but I also did like BW2 adding plenty to play with from older games, I ended up running with a Magnezone the entire game because of my ability to choose some older stuff. Not since Luxray in my original Pearl file 5 years before had I felt so good about an Electric type Pokemon on my team.
You have a point, actually my Final Team in White is Unova Mon only, also it wasn't that hard to find Pokémon that quickly grew as my favorites

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
I'm gonna get some sleep. Gonna try asking people to fix the star on the shield via Photoshop tomorrow. Y'all have a good night!

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Sinnoh is still the best region. /s
To be fair, I honestly don't like talking about Pokémon games because of their story, how good they are, or how bad the Pokémon designs are. I don't care about that; I focus on the competitive aspect of the games myself because that's the biggest thing I like about Pokémon. It may not mean much to others, but to me, it does. You train all these creatures to become the strongest, right? Well then. lol

Adding into account that there's not much to do after beating the main game (in some), I feel that all of them are good.
That's actually part of why I liked Gen IV a lot, it brought the physical/special split which I thought was one of the best mechanic changes they ever made.

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
i got bored and messed around with a sprite maker for about an hour.
beginner sprite work.gif

what I made.
was pretty fun actually so maybe i'll try to git gud at sprite making.

Soul.

That's actually part of why I liked Gen IV a lot, it brought the physical/special split which I thought was one of the best mechanic changes they ever made.
That was a blessing. Moves don't need to depend on what type (physical/special) they are anymore. Ghost being a physical type pre-Gen 4 felt weird to me.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I really want to train a Rhyperior just for the sake of hitting stuff like a truck :4bowser:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There is this girl I knew as a child I joked was chubby - mostly because she was REALLY thin

I come to find out years later she secretly resented me for the joke all that time

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
You have a point, actually my Final Team in White is Unova Mon only, also it wasn't that hard to find Pokémon that quickly grew as my favorites
A lot of Unova Pokemon grew on me, including some really unique ones that have stuck since. Volcarona is hands down my favorite out of the whole set, but I also like Hydreigon, Ferrothorn, Samurott, Leavanny, Gigalith, Sigilyph, Haxorus, Chandelure, Golurk, Bisharp, Reuniclus, even Vanilluxe.
The thing I like most consistently in all the Pokemon games is the music. Each game has areas where they are best at and areas that could be better, but the music is the one thing I consistently like. Probably why I won't ever be content with the amount of Pokemon music in Smash. I'd hope they would at least eventually have the Vs Champion Kanto theme in a Smash game...
That'd be nice, as well as the E4 theme from BW. Honestly musically they just need a bit more variety. It's either leitmotifs we hear in every game or a couple really popular themes from a couple games (like Cynthia's theme).

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I've beaten one of every two versions plus the third version since R/S. My favorite is Platinum as far as in-game stuff goes, but X/Y I've had the most fun with since it made getting into competitive play, well, possible.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I really want to train a Rhyperior just for the sake of hitting stuff like a truck :4bowser:
Oh my god. Yes. I freaking love Rhyperior, every game since Pearl I make a Careful max Sp. Def IV/EV Rhyperior and go tank the crap out of everything (other EVs depend on my mood, sometimes I lean for more HP and Def, other times I want more Attack). Honestly he revived my love of Rhydon that I had in the first 2 gens and then had since abandoned in Gen III. And I didn't even fall into liking Rhyperior until HG/SS, because I was so knee-deep in using Tyranitar in the same slot (tanky, hard-hitting slow as **** Rock-type). A few of my best memories come from HG/SS, actually, and one of them includes fighting in Blue's Gym at the end of the game with a Rhydon and somehow landing 3 Horn Drills in one battle. Not even kidding. I think it was Blue himself, actually, though it might've been someone else close by.
That was a blessing. Moves don't need to depend on what type (physical/special) they are anymore. Ghost being a physical type pre-Gen 4 felt weird to me.
I was glad they did it too since so many Pokemon were missing out on good STAB. Seriously Gyarados went without a strong STAB in Gen III entirely due to his own typing. Now because of Gen IV he has Waterfall and such. That's just one example.

EDIT: Yeah I'm hitting the wrong buttons by accident when adding to my posts so I'm just gonna go focus on playing my games for now, ttyl guys!

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
A lot of Unova Pokemon grew on me, including some really unique ones that have stuck since. Volcarona is hands down my favorite out of the whole set, but I also like Hydreigon, Ferrothorn, Samurott, Leavanny, Gigalith, Sigilyph, Haxorus, Chandelure, Golurk, Bisharp, Reuniclus, even Vanilluxe.
I trained many of those Pokémon, my favorite ones are Scolipede, Serperior, Hydreigon, Haxorus, Excadrill, Chandelure, Mienshao, Krookodile, Sigilyph and many others :p
I really liked Vanilluxe too, along with Klinklang

Soul.

Oh my god. Yes. I freaking love Rhyperior, every game since Pearl I make a Careful max Sp. Def IV/EV Rhyperior and go tank the crap out of everything (other EVs depend on my mood, sometimes I lean for more HP and Def, other times I want more Attack). Honestly he revived my love of Rhydon that I had in the first 2 gens and then had since abandoned in Gen III. And I didn't even fall into liking Rhyperior until HG/SS, because I was so knee-deep in using Tyranitar in the same slot (tanky, hard-hitting slow as **** Rock-type). A few of my best memories come from HG/SS, actually, and one of them includes fighting in Blue's Gym at the end of the game with a Rhydon and somehow landing 3 Horn Drills in one battle. Not even kidding. I think it was Blue himself, actually, though it might've been someone else close by.
I was glad they did it too since so many Pokemon were missing out on good STAB. Seriously Gyarados went without a strong STAB in Gen III entirely due to his own typing. Now because of Gen IV he has Waterfall and such. That's just one example.

EDIT: Yeah I'm hitting the wrong buttons by accident when adding to my posts so I'm just gonna go focus on playing my games for now, ttyl guys!
Oh god, Gyarados without STAB was bad. Waterfall was a godsend, as is Crunch as of OR/AS, because Mega Gyarados appreciates the second STAB. The Pokémon itself was always... there. Having Intimidate is another godsend.

D

Deleted member

And the edit is done. Captain Fabeegee in Sprite form (Credits to Nintendo and sprite editors and yada yada yada)! I gave him a Captain Falcon scarf for the fun of it.
Looks like he can finally show his moves.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Waterfall was a godsend, as is Crunch as of OR/AS, because Mega Gyarados appreciates the second STAB.
Eh. I wouldn't say Crunch is that great. He gets better coverage with Ice Fang. Crunch as a STAB hits hard but in the circumstance Dragonite vs Gyarados, he can live through Crunch and follow up with T-wave. And that's one situation.

They're both good moves, and I believe Crunch has some merit, but jn the current meta, Ice moves are better than Dark moves.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
So I went to FG a few minutes ago
In that time, I have taken 35 seperate people, threw them into my belly, and proceeded to jump off the cliff.
Welcome to Kirby's Air Ride, enjoy your plummet and DON'T YOU ****ING DARE TRY TO MASH OUT BECAUSE YOU'RE GONNA DIE ANYWAY
Have fun! ( ゚ ヮ゚)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom