• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strofirko

Smash Master
The best thing about gender roles is:
surrender your protagonist with characters from opossite gender = instant success

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
As if that's not funny enough, we are watching an interview about Charlie Sheen. I just can't take him serious anymore since his involvement in that film Foodfight!

Also, the teacher's five year old son is a Frozen fan and Brony. It's actually pretty sad how he uses him as an example of a man going against traditional gender roles and being effeminate.
A five year old is not a very good example...plus Frozen isn't directed towards girls only. It's directed towards families. I haven't watched enough episodes of MLP to judge that, but based on how many male fans there are, I don't think it's only written for females to enjoy.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
A five year old is not a very good example...plus Frozen isn't directed towards girls only. It's directed towards families. I haven't watched enough episodes of MLP to judge that, but based on how many male fans there are, I don't think it's only written for females to enjoy.
Basically Lauren Faust tried to make a cartoon for girls that wouldn't have boys cutting their eyes out with spoons in disgust.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
The best thing about gender roles is:
surrender your protagonist with characters from opossite gender = instant success
hum.....

TTYD actually respects that, lol

Gombella = F
Koops = M
Flurrie = F
Yoshi = M
Vivian = F
Bobbery = M
Ms. Mows = F

4 Females and 3 males....ok.

I actualy just noticed they kept altering the gender which is seemingly coincidences, but quite silly to notice it now.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
hum.....

TTYD actually respects that, lol

Gombella = F
Koops = M
Flurrie = F
Yoshi = M
Vivian = F
Bobbery = M
Ms. Mows = F

4 Females and 3 males....ok.

I actualy just noticed they kept altering the gender which is seemingly coincidences, but quite silly to notice it now.
ALDYYY how does the Dodge Master badge work?
I see no change in my action commands!!

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Lauren Faust knew kids would make the parents watch stuff with them, so she assured to make it standable for them, however, unlike Frozen which was directed towards a general public (hence why Disney didn't titled it "The Ice Queen" to attract boys attention), MLP is still primary directed towards 5 years old girls, hence the atmosphere and why they give morals at the end of episodes, heck it's titled Friendship is Magic.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
ALDYYY how does the Dodge Master badge work?
I see no change in my action commands!!
Thanks to these speedruyns stream I know VERY well.

It's basically increasing the timeframe you can successfully input a command AND it can actually increase your power bounce cap. Fun fact, you are capped on the power bounce, it`s never infinite. I got it capped at like 100 for a normal enemies, but if you can`t get a lot with bosses, it gets capped.

How does the cap works is RNG, you can`t decide it, but dodge master I THINK gives more room for better caps, but idk if it can increase or chnage the whole rng range. You know you got capped if whenever you do a power bounce, Paper Mario would jump back to its position forming an arc in the air. This means you successfully got the input right, but you got capped. If you see Paper Mario just going slightly up then staight down near the enemy befor walking back to its position, that's because you missed the input.

If you're wondering, this was kept in TTYD. It's just a hidden mechanics not much known except for speedrunners :)

So, basically, it makes them easier, but doesn;t change the command. There's a badge in TTYD called unsimplifier that just do that. The difference is in TTYD, you gain less SP, but sp doesn`t work the same in pm64 as you know already.

D

Deleted member

I'M WINNING MKX MATCHES
I AM LEARNING HOW TO PLAY THE VIDEO GAMES
Anyway how is everyone?

D

Deleted member

Umm... Don't you play Bloodborne?
If you play Bloodborne you already know how to play games.
Yes but I do not know how to play games in the fighting genre outside of Smash Bors.
And I'm not even all that good at Smash so that should tell you my average skill in fighting games.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Isn't Bloodbourne that game people say is just dark souls again

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Yes but I do not know how to play games in the fighting genre outside of Smash Bors.
And I'm not even all that good at Smash so that should tell you my average skill in fighting games.
And I keep forgetting the R button exists :)

I just have huge problem with the shield function because I was never used to it. Now, it doesn`t help that I haven`t played the game for months :)

D

Deleted member

Isn't Bloodbourne that game people say is just dark souls again
Yeah, but that's not necessarily a bad thing since Dark Souls is probably one of the best and most well-designed games in recent memory. If From Software is only going to do one thing, they better do it right, and damn do they do it right.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So, I really just feel asking random stuff but:

In any turn by turn RPG you have played, what would be your favorite battle mechanics?

I ask this because I realised the RPG genre, as awesome as it is, jas one weakness I just hate no matter what and I live with it. In battle, sometimes, I could feel they are repetitive which makes me not want to do them or use run....but I kinda have to do them....so, you see the little situation here.

Several mechanics has been made to counter that.

You should know that my favorite is the TTYD crowd for just many reasons (they become enjoyable when repeated), but I want to know if there's other solutions I didn't heard of.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Greetings, mortals.

Anything worth my attention?

Yes,rumours that she sounds better on the story mode rather than the regular fight scenes,but for definitive proof here.
"Seu monte de lixo"
"Isso só vai ficar pior"

HUEHUEBRBRBRBR
Posting in Portuguese... How surprising.

Isn't it against the rules to post stuff in other languages?
I'd be careful. Put that in spoilers.
Nope, unless the post is solely in another language and no one understands.

You mean like a large porcent of modern anime?
<Insert Hayao Miyazaki quotation here>

I guess we'll see tomorrow if Mewtwo has any special unlockable trophies.
I've been wondering about that.

As well as how the CSS will look like.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
When people ask you if Dark Souls is worth buying.
It's a perfect game, but the difficulty is so high...
Also, this time around, I'm upping the **** out of my Endurance so I can roll even more.

Reiga

He sold diddy for a switch
3DS FC
1461-7646-7368
So, I really just feel asking random stuff but:

In any turn by turn RPG you have played, what would be your favorite battle mechanics?

I ask this because I realised the RPG genre, as awesome as it is, jas one weakness I just hate no matter what and I live with it. In battle, sometimes, I could feel they are repetitive which makes me not want to do them or use run....but I kinda have to do them....so, you see the little situation here.

Several mechanics has been made to counter that.

You should know that my favorite is the TTYD crowd for just many reasons (they become enjoyable when repeated), but I want to know if there's other solutions I didn't heard of.
Gotta love how in the Mario and Luigi series you can evade enemy attacks and counter them.
In Bowser's Inside Story it's also nice sucking enemies and having Mario and Luigi attack them. :p

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'm the same way, terrible at non-Smash fighting games.
I tried really hard to get into UMvC3, but alas...too complicated for my weak mind. :urg:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom