• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I had an animatronic at my school once, it was supposed to be our school mascot
The school board tossed it in a fire (I was there, it was awesome seeing that thing burn) after basically every grade JK-5 student never went to school because of it and those few people who wanted to make out with it because FNAF 1 was in circulation around that time
It was a pretty nice guy (If you were to give it feelings, all it really ever did was walk around the halls and spout School-associated tips in a distorted voice) despite being a soulless abomination who eventually became free fireworks
I think it's name was Patrick Panther or something

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Which is why the game is successful. because the fear of animatronics exists
or because it's a fad
just cause a game is bad doesn't mean it can't be successful.

Besides, my point wasn't that the animatronics weren't scary, I find just find "jump scare horror" games... well, not very good relative to other horror games. Just my personal preference in regards to game design, but what's successful is in fact successful, there's no arguing that point.
Call of Duty hahahahahah *snort*

I like FnaF, but the jumpscares aren't the scary things about it. It's more the lore combined with the stress you get of having to hopeless defend yourself against five or more bloodthirsty roaming dead children in suits.
Meaning if they took out the unnecessary cheap elements of horror the game would probably not change a gosh darn bit except for towards the positive. :4pacman:

Like I said, I like the lore. And it's a successful game. I was just giving my reasons for not liking the gameplay and why I think it's... well, bad.

I never was arguing with anybody and I never get all elitist over why a person should or shouldn't like it. That's a silly thing to do. It's 1:30 AM let me be a grumpy teenager

Get a vacuum to suck the kids out. :4luigi:
Now I want to mod the game so you can hear E. Gadd's voice faintly in the background occasionally.:4luigi:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I like FnaF, but the jumpscares aren't the scary things about it. It's more the lore combined with the stress you get of having to hopelessly defend yourself against five or more bloodthirsty roaming dead children in suits continuously for five hours with limited power.
Someone. Give a this Man a cookie. He merited.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
It has been DECADES.
They're spoopy skeletons now. :4pacman:
Darn, I almost prefer the decomposing bodies. Mostly because any kind of drawn/rendered skeleton always looks incredibly... well, the opposite effect of what they are usually intending.
Perhaps because I've listened to Spooky Scary Skeletons too much.

Now I have the urge to watch Higurashi and other horror animes because I am a sick person that likes brain **** animes
I'm glad i'm not the only one right now.
I'm not going to, of course, because then I would no longer be in the mood to play Prof. Layton v Phoenix Wright...

Oh hey, a new person is unaware of putting words with pictures.
Time to enforce rules until @FalKoopa says it. :4dk:
We're supposed to pretend he's not there. You had one job. God damn it.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Wow, so I just made a Ryu CPU go into an infinite loop on Suzaku Castle.
He just won't stop jumpping from left to right on the platform on the left.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Funny
I don't recall FNAF2 being in one tiny singular room
I thought it was a big long room with many doors and vents that eventually led to madnes
Not tiny TV-rama over here

But let's change subject, because FNAF if anything should just be taken into the Pool Room.
So what's up with that Airplane food?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
We're supposed to pretend he's not there. You had one job. God damn it.
STALIN MUST ALWAYS KNOW!
GULAG FOR YOU!

Funny
I don't recall FNAF2 being in one tiny singular room
I thought it was a big long room with many doors and vents that eventually led to madnes
Not tiny TV-rama over here
It's a zoomed in picture.
Otherwise it's BETA confirmed. :4dk:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I like FnaF, but the jumpscares aren't the scary things about it. It's more the lore combined with the stress you get of having to hopelessly defend yourself against five or more bloodthirsty roaming dead children in suits continuously for five hours with limited power.
At your workplace. That should be highlighted because now the one place you'd rather be- home- is infested with undead animatronics.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
it tastes pretty terrible, depending on who you fly with.
Well I've never been on an Airplane so all I have is this giant bag of chocolate-covered pretzels
*chews chocolate raisins*
My Tamama side is showing again, hide your Mois'

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
When the discussion go into animatronic and FNAF anyway?:4charizard: Who begin?:4falcon: (Too lazy to see the old page:079:)

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Well I've never been on an Airplane so all I have is this giant bag of chocolate-covered pretzels
The way that you capitalized Airplane immediately made me think of the movie. "I had the lasagna"

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'll have this pizza. :4dk:

When the discussion go into animatronic and FNAF anyway?:4charizard: Who begin?:4falcon: (Too lazy to see the old page:079:)
What an interesting question. Can't say I recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom