• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Flurrie reminds me my annoying aunt that always try to say hi by kissing you in the mouth.
I always find a way to avoid visiting her, or literally flee from my house if she decides to visit.

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
Hmmm...

After much debate between Animal Crossing: New Leaf and MK7, I think I'm going with new leaf. gonna see what all the fuss is about.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
So, i have a
question :)

Between both of these stylish:

View attachment 47356 View attachment 47357

Which one would be better as back aerial?

https://soundcloud.com/id%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fsoundcloud.com%252Faldelaro5%252Fevt-qiz1%252Fs-2rjPY%3Bsecret_token%3Ds-2rjPY%3Btrack_id%3D199771797
(btw, I just would love stylish as aerials :) )
I feel like the one on the right would be better as the backwards jump animation, and the one on the left as the backwards double jump animation.
Cuz' neither of them look like attacks.

*mental image of Zero Suit Ganondorf flashes in my mind*
Oh boy! My favorite character!
Classic Dark Zero Dorf Samus!
:troll:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I feel like the one on the right would be better as the backwards jump animation, and the one on the left as the backwards double jump animation.
Cuz' neither of them look like attacks.

Oh boy! My favorite character!
Classic Dark Zero Dorf Samus!
:troll:
ok, and this one as up aerial?

stand backflip.gif

Though, my patern was ^as up aerial, the belly stylish as front, the second backflip earlier as back and I would reserve neutral for other stuff, down is obviously ground pound.

I mean, I just am sad when people ptu no stylish in the aerial....it's just too perfect to nto do it :)

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
ok, and this one as up aerial?

View attachment 47390

Though, my patern was ^as up aerial, the belly stylish as font, the second backflip earlier as back and I would reserve neutral for other stuff, down is obviously ground pound.

I mean, I just am sad when people ptu no stylish in the aerial....it's just too perfect to nto do it :)
I feel like if any stylish were to be an aerial, it would probably not be one of the hammer stylishes, but rather one of the jump stylishes.
I also feel like a stylish would work better as a neutral aerial, if it had to be an aerial.
Why do people use Paper Mario text again
WHY DO YOU NEVER END YOUR QUESTIONS WITH A QUESTION MARK?

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Why do people use Paper Mario text again
CAUSE IT;S JUST FREAKING GORGEOUS!!!!!

Seriously, guys, try if you want but

comic sans < hey gorgeous.

I feel like if any stylish were to be an aerial, it would probably not be one of the hammer stylishes, but rather one of the jump stylishes.
I also feel like a stylish would work better as a neutral aerial, if it had to be an aerial.

WHY DO YOU NEVER END YOUR QUESTIONS WITH A QUESTION MARK?
I know right? NOT RELEVANT!

But seriously, the jump stylish are good as neutral, it's jsut that I reserved it int he moveset I made as a sort of a bounce on an enemy. Kinda like you have the choice to ground pound or multibounce after you stomp on an enemy :)

And the up....I just felt it was fitting, the belly stylish should be there too, but I just loved the hammer stylish way more. Though, you could go crazy and replace aerials with stuff like lady bow smacking, but considering you're in the air, the stylish just fits.

One thing I learned with trying to do moveset for him he's freaking Paper Mario, you shouldn't restrict to have fancy stuff :)

Mr Snakey

Odango bazooka!
NNID
perlacambara1996
While playing with the smash nickname generator thingy, I got crump. Dont really know, but It reminded me of lord crump from paper mario.

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
While playing with the smash nickname generator thingy, I got crump. Dont really know, but It reminded me of lord crump from paper mario.
I actually knew that nick existed and honestly, it just might be that.

But, if it is the case, it was in brawl too I think.....which is weird considering how not good the repping was in brawl, so much better in ssb4 :)

Actually, is TTYD a nick?

let me check....

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Well, I'm going to bed. Just the rest of tonight plus tomorrow to wait for Mewtwo DLC.

I still can't believe I'm already 20, it still feels like it hasn't been that long since I first started college.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Last edited:

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Speaing about Paper Mario... Am I the only one who enjoyed Sticker Star? :(
I actually liked looking around for stickers. The game also encourages exploration by hiding away more powerful ones.
There are also funny easter eggs, like for example, the hidden letters of Goombella and Parakarry in world 5-1. The overworld was also much better than the huge, open world version of the others in my opinion. It not like PM where you have to spin dash like a ****** from one side of the world to another to deliver some mother******* letters. And the sticker idea was pretty cool as you had to appropriatly choose the stickers you are going to use against bosses. Not to mention paperizing was a cool mechanic.

Granted, I had problems with it. Such as no more leveling up, the possiblity of running out of attacks, and enemies that come out of nowhere that you barely have time to prepare for. (HELLO BOO STACK, AND **** YOU), and my biggest problem: Bowser's personality, or rather, his lack of it. Three games developing Bowser's personality as a clumsy villain with a love interest for Peach, which, albeit being an ******* from time to time, would help out Mario in saving the world, and you butcher that in a single game by making him a brute with a castle and lust for power with no ability of communication. Seriously, **** that incarnation of Bowser, I hope it's not canon.

Soul.

CAUSE IT;S JUST FREAKING GORGEOUS!!!!!

Seriously, guys, try if you want but

comic sans < hey gorgeous.

I know right? NOT RELEVANT!

But seriously, the jump stylish are good as neutral, it's jsut that I reserved it int he moveset I made as a sort of a bounce on an enemy. Kinda like you have the choice to ground pound or multibounce after you stomp on an enemy :)

And the up....I just felt it was fitting, the belly stylish should be there too, but I just loved the hammer stylish way more. Though, you could go crazy and replace aerials with stuff like lady bow smacking, but considering you're in the air, the stylish just fits.

One thing I learned with trying to do moveset for him he's freaking Paper Mario, you shouldn't restrict to have fancy stuff :)
I don't know. It doesn't look that gorgeous

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I actually liked looking around for stickers. The game also encourages exploration by hiding away more powerful ones.
There are also funny easter eggs, like for example, the hidden letters of Goombella and Parakarry in world 5-1. The overworld was also much better than the huge, open world version of the others in my opinion. It not like PM where you have to spin dash like a ****** from one side of the world to another to deliver some mother******* letters. And the sticker idea was pretty cool as you had to appropriatly choose the stickers you are going to use against bosses. Not to mention paperizing was a cool mechanic.

Granted, I had problems with it. Such as no more leveling up, the possiblity of running out of attacks, and enemies that come out of nowhere that you barely have time to prepare for. (HELLO BOO STACK, AND **** YOU), and my biggest problem: Bowser's personality, or rather, his lack of it. Three games developing Bowser's personality as a clumsy villain with a love interest for Peach, which, albeit being an ******* from time to time, would help out Mario in saving the world, and you butcher that in a single game by making him a brute with a castle and lust for power with no ability of communication. Seriously, **** that incarnation of Bowser, I hope it's not canon.
the main problem with ss is not only IS didn;t wanted that in the first place, it just became to be a proof of the communication issue fans had with nintendo.

The ONLY good thing I found of this game (and I mean ONLY) is that the design follows the series except for the stickers. That is why they made such a good job with the satge, it's mostly the visauls (and they even improved the music).

But there;s also another big problem that you kinda have to consdier: continuity. I originally thought spm dropped that, I was totally wrong. Each ch in pm64, TTYD and yes, spm they all feel like they follow soemthing. SS is so much different for each thigns that you feel more playing an smw game....which isn't rerally soemthing you want in the series.

But the battle I mean it's just....let's not go there, it's messed up.

There's one thing I also had problem, I really was wondering if it was an rpg....I don;t really think it's one.

I mean, it's fine you enjoyed it, but jsut curious, did you played spm? Cause if you did, a lot of people like me who did just got upset when they learned that the story of ss was pretty much not much original because of that club nintendo survey saying most people didn't care about spm story.....

Also, they removed spin dash from TTYD. I honestly think that I felt the spin dash was....weird, you had to jump to cancel it. just take it this way: it was a bit too rudimentary, but everything is gone in TTYD....

This is one of these reasons if you would ever (and I mean after I warned you) play sticker star, try to be the last one you play. It just will feel weird if you played it first then another....

I don't know. It doesn't look that gorgeous
IT DOES!

How could you just:

Screenshot from 2015-04-13 22:34:23.png

Look at the silliness of that exclamation mark, the cuteness of the capital w, the swiftness of the spacing, the very round curve, the....AH IT;S TOO MUCH!

but seriously, I will not lie, when i read text in TTYD, I realised I wanted to read them for the sake of reading just because that font with the bubble was just too pleasing for my eyes. The text being hilarious....it just added to it.

Look, it's just better than comic sans....it';s more of an upgrade of it honestly.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

So I've been thinking, and I wonder what a personified Smashboards would look like...
I've been thinking about that for quite a while now. I could go as far and pitch the idea to Warchamp but I don't think it's technically possible. Then again, I don't even know how this site works.

Last edited by a moderator:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I've been thinking about that for quite a while now. I could go as far and pitch the idea to Warchamp but I don't think it's technically possible. Then again, I don't even know how this site works.
I could try to put Paper Mario image if I REALLY tried in the CSS, but I should focus more on doing so on my blog though :)

Which I did so....I know I can do more.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
So, fellas... I just came on to let you know that I now have more likes than posts again.
Okay.

Sticker Star had some good ideas, a good soundtrack, and some funny moments. It's just that the amount of good things in Sticker Star are vastly overshadowed by the amount of bad things.

D

Deleted member

I could try to put Paper Mario image if I REALLY tried in the CSS, but I should focus more on doing so on my blog though :)

Which I did so....I know I can do more.
Maybe the customization pattern would be similar to that of YouTube Channels 2.0 (this thing) for ease of use. CSS could be available for those experienced with it. I dunno.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
the main problem with ss is not only IS didn;t wanted that in the first place, it just became to be a proof of the communication issue fans had with nintendo.

The ONLY good thing I found of this game (and I mean ONLY) is that the design follows the series except for the stickers. That is why they made such a good job with the satge, it's mostly the visauls (and they even improved the music).

But there;s also another big problem that you kinda have to consdier: continuity. I originally thought spm dropped that, I was totally wrong. Each ch in pm64, TTYD and yes, spm they all feel like they follow soemthing. SS is so much different for each thigns that you feel more playing an smw game....which isn't rerally soemthing you want in the series.

But the battle I mean it's just....let's not go there, it's messed up.

There's one thing I also had problem, I really was wondering if it was an rpg....I don;t really think it's one.

I mean, it's fine you enjoyed it, but jsut curious, did you played spm? Cause if you did, a lot of people like me who did just got upset when they learned that the story of ss was pretty much not much original because of that club nintendo survey saying most people didn't care about spm story.....

Also, they removed spin dash from TTYD. I honestly think that I felt the spin dash was....weird, you had to jump to cancel it. just take it this way: it was a bit too rudimentary, but everything is gone in TTYD....

This is one of these reasons if you would ever (and I mean after I warned you) play sticker star, try to be the last one you play. It just will feel weird if you played it first then another.....
I played SPM and I absolutely loved it. But I hate it is a Paper Mario game. Not because I dislike it, but because whenever people ask me what's my favorite PM, I'm so heavily biased towards it that the other games pretty much have no chance.
And about the story... Well the only way you can proceed story-wise after SPM is backwards, because I don't think anything topples that. It's also the only video-game (beside Telltale's The Walking Dead) that ever made me cry.

Also, you don't HAVE to cancel the spin dash. You can always wait for the animation to be over. Granted, jump cancelling it is faster, but if you have the Dizzy Attack + Speedy Spin badge, you shouldn't really be doing that a lot.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I played SPM and I absolutely loved it. But I hate it is a Paper Mario game. Not because I dislike it, but because whenever people ask me what's my favorite PM, I'm so heavily biased towards it that the other games pretty much have no chance.
And about the story... Well the only way you can proceed story-wise after SPM is backwards, because I don't think anything topples that. It's also the only video-game (beside Telltale's The Walking Dead) that ever made me cry.

Also, you don't HAVE to cancel the spin dash. You can always wait for the animation to be over. Granted, jump cancelling it is faster, but if you have the Dizzy Attack + Speedy Spin badge, you shouldn't really be doing that a lot.
oh, I actually haven;t told you this: I used to know the series because I was watching speedruns of iateyourpie.

Result....I got used to do it :)

yeah, but the idea is that first, you should seriously not be ashamed to prefer spm JUST because of the story. Look, there;s yes a minority of people like you, but the story is just that awesome. There are people who love more spm than TTYD and honestly, they have as much good reasons to prefer TTYD.

The one thing I actually dislike is to love the first 2 game and not giving a chance to spm, that is something I dislike because spm is just underrated. I mean, why not a Paper Mario game? Seriously I almost demand you to not feel ashamed.....I will admit, i did shed a tear.

Spm bring stuff to the series that really was awesome. it is certainly a lovable game as much as TTYD or pm64, don't hide you love it....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom