• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I tend to pay less attention to arguments that go "but that character isn't popular in Japan" because of good ol' Mac.

At least give him a kick.
I want to kick a Pokemon as Pokemon Trainer. (in my head, using your moveset).
Eh, I'll try. I just need to remember how to put words into the spoiler tabs. :4villager:

"Too niche, should’ve been left as a trophy. They should be using other companies’ characters before ones like this"
"The guy from Punch-Out? Is he really that memorable enough to be in Smash Bros?"

But there are also tons of happy Japanese people too
Obscure characters to Japan? Sure! :4littlemac:
Obscure characters elsewhere? Nah, they can be assist trophies! :troll:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Trying to make a :pt: moveset and I'm already stuck on the jab.
I don't want to make the kid into a young thug puncher :4dk:
Being fair the kid destroyed a criminal organization by himself and then stood three at the top of a hailing mountain.

Soul.

Again, all this is also following :younglinkmelee:.
Not that I want him, but someone here does and will probably mention it soon.
I thought most would favor the Majora's Mask gimmick instead of bringing him back with his Melee moveset.
inb4 can't because Toon Link has Fire Arrows as customs and those were Young Link's Neutral B

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Tell that to the people in my neighborhood.

Please. Because there's a lot of guns going off in this area normally so fireworks annoy the hell out of me because... well, they sound like gunshots.
That reminds me of a crackhouse 2 houses down from me got shot up pfff

shame the weather stopped everything for me

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Lucina is a clone, Dark Pit is a clone . why not add Pichu? All it boils down to is If people want Pichu, let then want Pichu
Didn't mean it like that... It's just that there's two other non-clone movesets of much more appreciated Pokemon. Recreating Pichu from scratch probably would take as much effort as porting and fixing up one of the other two.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
That reminds me of a crackhouse 2 houses down from me got shot up pfff

shame the weather stopped everything for me
If you check the local news website for our area, under the Norfolk section, you could probably see several articles about a bunch of thugs around here firing guns at people and whatnot.

I don't like Virginia very much anymore. Haha.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Code:
[spoiler=WORDS WORDS WORDS][/spoiler]
kthx m8 senpai

I thought most would favor the Majora's Mask gimmick instead of bringing him back with his Melee moveset.
inb4 can't because Toon Link has Fire Arrows as customs and those were Young Link's Neutral B
Yes Soul-dot, the melee image totally meant I wanted his melee moveset rather than to save words. :4pacman:
But yeah, I can see where the fire arrows are to be left out for variety.
A MM based moveset would be great, with the only melee special back would be his spin attack and/or his boomerang. We could probably replace the FAs with his Slingshot, which say can be aimed upwards or downwards. Then his bombs could be replaced with that mask that makes you literally blow up. It could cause massive damage in exchange for you giving yourself damage or making your defenses drop for a while, increasing your launch distance.

I don't know, sounds neat. :4dk:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I wish more taunts had functions. Even if they're subtle, like Luigi's *****-making foot poke, or necessary for a certain action, like Kirby's... all of them.

Majora's Mask Link I've always envisioned as having his taunts change his form.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Okay, I'm going to start on the :pt: moveset now.
Maybe later I'll do a YL moveset myself because I have nothing better to do right now.

Nah, it was the one and only, the Dream Eater, Sakurai.
And here I thought :096: was the true Dream Eater! :troll:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
If you check the local news website for our area, under the Norfolk section, you could probably see several articles about a bunch of thugs around here firing guns at people and whatnot.

I don't like Virginia very much anymore. Haha.
Well Virginia Beach is still good, its just the rotten apples

Need to be thrown away
imageedit_2_4523356791.png

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I wish more taunts had functions. Even if they're subtle, like Luigi's *****-making foot poke, or necessary for a certain action, like Kirby's... all of them.

Majora's Mask Link I've always envisioned as having his taunts change his form.
4 Taunts
3 Masks
1 Taunt transforms you back to YL.

****ing Genius. Why aren't we funding this? :4pacman:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Yeah, I saw that...I didn't really know they had that, but I suppose it makes sense, given the situation over there.
Their situation is a bit special, yes.
But only insofar as their enemy is the most technologically, economically, and socially backwards nation on the face of the planet.
A war with them would last a few weeks at most even if South Korea cut its armory in half.
Then there's the moral problem with compulsory military service. Or compulsory anything.
States (small s) have no right to force their citizenry to support their regime.
Put more simply "It's wrong to force people to do things", especially if forcing them to do things takes away two years of their lives.
That being said, I bet most South Koreans are fine with it.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Well, this race is boring so far

*THE BIG ONE HAPPENS*

YOOOOOOOOO

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
IM APOLLO JUSTICE AND IM FINE!! Oops er IM POWERSTAR9 AND IM FINE!!
How you guys doing tonight? The bloodbath is coming...

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
4 Taunts
3 Masks
1 Taunt transforms you back to YL.

****ing Genius. Why aren't we funding this? :4pacman:
I'm sure people have brainstormed movesets for this; Hell, I might even want to give it a go.

It would just be for one character that is essentially 4 different characters in 3 different weight classes with 3 or 4 different... fighting styles, so to speak:
  • Normal Link would be... well, as you would expect. Young Link. Except with (more of) a Majora's Mask flair. Swordfighter, of course.
  • Deku Link would be a light weight shooter-ish character. Side special could be that spinny twirl thing. Can't swim; Bounces on water instead.
  • Goron Link would be a fist fighter. It would be hilarious if he was the only character who has a rolling dodge that also slightly damages people (because spiky Goron is spiky). Down special wouldn't be a bomb; It would be that exploding keg. Abysmal recovery. Side special similar to Sonic's. :troll: Otherwise, heavy punches.
  • Zora Link would be a hybrid of... well, pretty much all of these. Not so much gunner as heavy-boomeranger. Punches cut because he has bladed arms. Perhaps his weird fish boomerang armblades would be a high risk/reward thing. Strong boomerang... but he's kinda useless and weaker until they return to him. Perhaps a low knockback moveset, too. Meant more for comboing?
  • Final Smash would be one of two obvious answers: Gigantic Link (groan) or Fierce Diety Link (SWORD LASERS). An alternative would be the Moon crashing down on everyone.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
I'm sure people have brainstormed movesets for this; Hell, I might even want to give it a go.

It would just be for one character that is essentially 4 different characters in 3 different weight classes with 3 or 4 different... fighting styles, so to speak:
  • Normal Link would be... well, as you would expect. Young Link. Except with (more of) a Majora's Mask flair. Swordfighter, of course.
  • Deku Link would be a light weight shooter-ish character. Side special could be that spinny twirl thing. Can't swim; Bounces on water instead.
  • Goron Link would be a fist fighter. It would be hilarious if he was the only character who has a rolling dodge that also slightly damages people (because spiky Goron is spiky). Down special wouldn't be a bomb; It would be that exploding keg. Abysmal recovery. Side special similar to Sonic's. :troll: Otherwise, heavy punches.
  • Zora Link would be a hybrid of... well, pretty much all of these. Not so much gunner as heavy-boomeranger. Punches cut because he has bladed arms. Perhaps his weird fish boomerang armblades would be a high risk/reward thing. Strong boomerang... but he's kinda useless and weaker until they return to him. Perhaps a low knockback moveset, too. Meant more for comboing?
  • Final Smash would be one of two obvious answers: Gigantic Link (groan) or Fierce Diety Link (SWORD LASERS). An alternative would be the Moon crashing down on everyone.
Sounds like the transformations would suck. Young Link seems fine, but the alternate forms? Blegh.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

I'm up for a Fierce Deity FS. Every move has lasers, including your Recovery, which spams lasers every swing. :4pacman:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Sounds like the transformations would suck. Young Link seems fine, but the alternate forms? Blegh.
Why yes, I can imaging the things I just spat out as soon as it rose up in my head would suck. Brainstorming process usually begins that way.

In my head I see it working out.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
@ Mythra Mythra I'm almost done but I had to delete a few figures since they took too much space. I linked to an IGN article that listed all of the exclusives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom