• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul.

Newer Mario Kart games don't mesh well with competitive play because to them, they are nothing but fun games. Mario Kart should have never been in the competitive spotlight. All it did was cause drama most of the time, and people whining about ****.

T

Trick or Treat

Agreed.

I've seen lots of "competitive players" bash Mario Kart 8. Complaining because you can't store two items at the same time, the so-called "item balancing", amongst other things I can't name at the moment. You should check out MKBoards and see all the rage messages.
I don't need to, I experienced it first hand.

The Mario Kart community, at least the clanning scene, is one of the worst I have seen. Always drama and arguments. If one of your players lags, they accuse you of hacking and refuse to count it as a loss. And just always arguments.

Then there was the small group of "elite" clans who looked down on everyone else, and refused to acknowledge the lower clans. They could never do any wrong, and only cared about warring the other elite clans.

Clanning was fun when it was honest and just for the enjoyment, but that was rare compared to all of the drama and fighting and dishonesty that there was.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I honestly found the 900+ Funky Kong Clans in MKWii hilarious.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
That face when you find out the same guy who did this song also did this
( ゚ ヮ゚)

T

Trick or Treat

I honestly found the 900+ Funky Kong Clans in MKWii hilarious.
This, too. Some clans wouldn't even allow you to join or participate if you didn't choose Funky or Daisy.

For those who don't know, in Mario Kart Wii, Daisy and Funky had a slight speed boost, among other things, over other characters in their weight class.

Good day, everyone.
I pray you all life, love, and peace.
Thank you MonK. (: And how are you?

Soul.

I don't need to, I experienced it first hand.

The Mario Kart community, at least the clanning scene, is one of the worst I have seen. Always drama and arguments. If one of your players lags, they accuse you of hacking and refuse to count it as a loss. And just always arguments.

Then there was the small group of "elite" clans who looked down on everyone else, and refused to acknowledge the lower clans. They could never do any wrong, and only cared about warring the other elite clans.

Clanning was fun when it was honest and just for the enjoyment, but that was rare compared to all of the drama and fighting and dishonesty that there was.
Don't forget about Skype calls! If you don't do what a clan member says, you're going to be the one to blame!
Skype is not even needed for ****ing clan "wars" lmao. If you want to have fun playing MK competitively, just do so, but not in such a hostile manner.

T

Trick or Treat

Don't forget about Skype calls! If you don't do what a clan member says, you're going to be the one to blame!
Skype is not even needed for ****ing clan "wars" lmao. If you want to have fun playing MK competitively, just do so, but not in such a hostile manner.
I forgot about that. I never had Skype for that, so if anything went wrong usually I was the one to blame, depending on who was with at the time...

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Thank you MonK. (: And how are you?
Great! 100%, A+
This is a nice way to start the day, knowing there are pleasant people who wish you well.

Clans!
I had some similar experiences to in Starcraft: Brood War when I was a wee lad.
Being a lone wolf is funner in games anyways :D

Soul.

I forgot about that. I never had Skype for that, so if anything went wrong usually I was the one to blame, depending on who J was with at the time...
Oh trust me, those were the times.... quite the amusing experience. There was this now deleted media of people *****ing at each other as if they didn't care, in the middle of the race.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Arthur has a manly axe while Camilla as a sexy axe.

Only in FE Fates...

D

Deleted member

I jumped straight to MKWii after MK64 so my thoughts on it were overall quite positive. Speaking of MK64, it actually did have a pretty swell competitive community(namedropped later in this paragraph)...but tbh, the recent MK games aren't as suitable for competitive play as the older ones so the toxicity makes sense...I don't go on MKBoards and my impressions and knowledge of the MK competitive community is pretty much based off of the mariokart64(.com) community.

And while it is also unlikely, I'd like to see some of Double Dash's features come back in a recent MK game as well...like that Bob Omb Battle mode and the general concept of having two characters in one character. But yeah, not gonna happen.
I just can't figure out how can you play Mario Kart "competitively" when it wasn't meant to be played that way. Sure, the same could go and apply to Smash Bros. (shots fired), a totally different type of game, but at least that one has a purpose. I may just be talking ****, having never been in an actual clan and all that stuff (plus the mariokart64 website).

Double Dash's trademark concept of 2-in-1 should be brought back, indeed.

Skype is boring.

Last edited by a moderator:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I did, just the only person that played with me on the game ****ing sold it
You could do it with me sometime, I suppose... Not really a big fan of it and I don't have a wireless switch (lolol N3DS) so I can't help though.

Or I could give you all my cash since my town is probably going poof later. :estatic: Almost maxed out the ABD and I'm just sitting on a perfect peach farm.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
To celebrate the official translation of Nichijou, I decided to make a "Duwang" translation myself.
For those who doesn't know what "Duwang" is, it's basically a poor translation of the 4th part of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. it became a meme afterwards, and for a long time, it was the only translation of the part.

Wish me luck in my Duwang quest. This will feel like a picnic made by Speedbump in Chinatown.

T

Trick or Treat

I'm off to work for 7 hours now. Hopefulky I can catch you guys on break!

If we do another Hunger Games, please tag me! I would love to read it when I get a chance!

Have a great day, Social Thread! :D

Great! 100%, A+
This is a nice way to start the day, knowing there are pleasant people who wish you well.

Clans!
I had some similar experiences to in Starcraft: Brood War when I was a wee lad.
Being a lone wolf is funner in games anyways :D
You know I wish you well!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I just can't figure out how can you play Mario Kart "competitively" when it wasn't meant to be played that way. Sure, the same could go and apply to Smash Bros. (shots fired), a totally different type of game, but at least that one has a purpose. I may just be talking ****, having never been in an actual clan and all that stuff (plus the mariokart64 website).

Double Dash's trademark concept of 2-in-1 should be brought back, indeed.

Skype is bori-- *a certain contact removes me from the application*
Same with me, some games I just can't dig on a competitive level because it's not fun for me when played that way.

I mean, I care for my rating on MK8 online but other than that I'm not really interested in the way competitive Mario Kart players in real life.

Stars, blue shells, red shells and the like, I love it.

~

Smash I can do both, I prefer that I do competitive play since I find it to be the fighter of my suiting. Mario Kart just doesn't do it.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
You could do it with me sometime, I suppose... Not really a big fan of it and I don't have a wireless switch (lolol N3DS) so I can't help though.

Or I could give you all my cash since my town is probably going poof later. :estatic: Almost maxed out the ABD and I'm just sitting on a perfect peach farm.
That reminds me, why doesn't the N3DS have a wireless switch?
Same with me, some games I just can't dig on a competitive level because it's not fun for me when played that way.

I mean, I care for my rating on MK8 online but other than that I'm not really interested in the way competitive Mario Kart players in real life.
I forgot my ranking even existed because I don't go on worldwide and only go on the 200cc tourney Nintendo made

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Someone should write down everything that happens in the next hunger games simulation as if they were writing a fanfiction based on it.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
To celebrate the official translation of Nichijou, I decided to make a "Duwang" translation myself.
For those who doesn't know what "Duwang" is, it's basically a poor translation of the 4th part of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. it became a meme afterwards, and for a long time, it was the only translation of the part.

Wish me luck in my Duwang quest. This will feel like a picnic made by Speedbump in Chinatown.
May you remember the rules of falling down

I am wood

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'm off to work for 7 hours now. Hopefulky I can catch you guys on break!

If we do another Hunger Games, please tag me! I would love to read it when I get a chance!

Have a great day, Social Thread! :D

You know I wish you well!
Cya Envy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom