• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Same with me, some games I just can't dig on a competitive level because it's not fun for me when played that way.

I mean, I care for my rating on MK8 online but other than that I'm not really interested in the way competitive Mario Kart players in real life.

Stars, blue shells, red shells and the like, I love it.

~

Smash I can do both, I prefer that I do competitive play since I find it to be the fighter of my suiting. Mario Kart just doesn't do it.
Same goes for me. I always play Mario Kart in a casual manner. I haven't played MK8 online yet, and I may stop caring about my versus rating from here on out.

Mr Snakey

Odango bazooka!
NNID
perlacambara1996
I played mario kart 7 online very often, but I only play local mario kart 8, or with friends. I prefer local mario kart 8 than online.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Aside from the few ATs that were put into MK8, and the glorious time that was Mario Kart DS (so I'm told), Mario Kart, by its design, isn't very competitive.

Soul.

Mario Kart DS is the best MK game period, not even MKWii and its Funky Kong ****fest manage to keep up with it.
Mario Kart wasn't made to be competitive.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Same goes for me. I always play Mario Kart in a casual manner. I haven't played MK8 online yet, and I may stop caring about my versus rating from here on out.
I don't think it matters what that number is because eon worldwide it is still unbareable slow

Speaking of MK8, I need to use karts more often

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Mario Kart DS is the best MK game period, not even MKWii and its Funky Kong ****fest manage to keep up with it.
Mario Kart wasn't made to be competitive.
However, it should be pointed out that developer intention is irrelevant to the actual state of being a game is or ends up in.

Last edited:

Soul.

However, it should be pointed out that developer intention is irrelevant to the actual state of being a game is or ends up in.
True, but for all intents and purposes, the base game is not competitive. It's a matter of preference.
however, getting salty because someone hit you with a red, green, blue shell or even a Super Horn is amusing competitively

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Good Evening, guys.

I was randomly browsing TV Tropes, and came upon a gem.
There was a Hawaiian king named 'Kamehameha'. Seriously.

:231:
Hawaii actually has a really fascinating, yet pretty tragic, history. American Imperialism and colonization really ****ed them over. :/

Kamehameha I was their first king and the one to unify the islands, IIRC. The Kamehameha dynasty was followed by the Kalakaua dynasty. Sometime later they got overthrown by their would-be usurpers.

Sad, really.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Step 1: 8 Player Smash
Step 2: Battlefield
Step 3: Items on high.
Step 4: Smoke balls only
Conclusion?
"WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING!?"

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
That reminds me, why doesn't the N3DS have a wireless switch?
To save internal space and costs from the added components, much like having a very inconveniently placed micro SD slot. The wireless switch I don't miss, since it seems to close out of the eshop faster and you can turn it on or off from the home menu, but the SD card thing is kinda terrible.

Other then that, the system is really nice. I've always been a fan of the 3D and the super stable 3D is much appreciated in fast-paced games like KIU and SSB3D, as are the extra buttons. (It acts like a Circle Pad Pro for games that support it.) The amiibo support is pretty nice too since I have a pretty decent collection. It's much louder then the XL, so you don't need headphones to actually hear in public, although the sound quality dropped a tad. But if I'm looking for sound quality I use my good headphones anyway.

You were looking into buying one right? I'm satisfied with mine from launch, but I play a ton of Smash. Well, I know LoZ:TFH supports it (nothing meaningful so far though) and obviously AC:HHH does too. Every CPP compatible game can make use of it, and a few eshop games do too. If you're interested in the amiibo I'd wait and see the price of the reader before buying, and there's always price drops and new colors and limited additions around the corner. And whatever the NX is.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
America?!
Being IMPERIALIST?!?
No!
There's no way that we'd do what those horrible European countries used to do! We're the anti-Europe!

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
To save internal space and costs from the added components, much like having a very inconveniently placed micro SD slot. The wireless switch I don't miss, since it seems to close out of the eshop faster and you can turn it on or off from the home menu, but the SD card thing is kinda terrible.

Other then that, the system is really nice. I've always been a fan of the 3D and the super stable 3D is much appreciated in fast-paced games like KIU and SSB3D, as are the extra buttons. (It acts like a Circle Pad Pro for games that support it.) The amiibo support is pretty nice too since I have a pretty decent collection. It's much louder then the XL, so you don't need headphones to actually hear in public, although the sound quality dropped a tad. But if I'm looking for sound quality I use my good headphones anyway.

You were looking into buying one right? I'm satisfied with mine from launch, but I play a ton of Smash. Well, I know LoZ:TFH supports it (nothing meaningful so far though) and obviously AC:HHH does too. Every CPP compatible game can make use of it, and a few eshop games do too. If you're interested in the amiibo I'd wait and see the price of the reader before buying, and there's always price drops and new colors and limited additions around the corner. And whatever the NX is.
yeah I may get a normal XL one Maybe Red

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Man, this video.
Just perfect. 10/10. 100/100. Anything you want.

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
Step 1: 8 Player Smash
Step 2: Battlefield
Step 3: Items on high.
Step 4: Smoke balls only
Conclusion?
"WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING!?"
Glorious. I suggest adding Bom-ombs and Motion Sensor Bombs for more "fun".

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Hawaii actually has a really fascinating, yet pretty tragic, history. American Imperialism and colonization really ****ed them over. :/

Kamehameha I was their first king and the one to unify the islands, IIRC. The Kamehameha dynasty was followed by the Kalakaua dynasty. Sometime later they got overthrown by their would-be usurpers.

Sad, really.
Hmm... I guess I'll read up on it in my next Wiki Walk. Sounds interesting.

America?!
Being IMPERIALIST?!?
No!
There's no way that we'd do what those horrible European countries used to do! We're the anti-Europe!
Wasn't Philippines the closest thing to an American colony? :p

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hmm... I guess I'll read up on it in my next Wiki Walk. Sounds interesting.

Wasn't Philippines the closest thing to an American colony? :p

Philippines is basically the most known, yeah. But we were still straight-up ***** to the Hawaiians. :p

That's not even mentioning the Dole fiasco.

Strofirko

Smash Master
So reddit is getting nuts on independence day...
This will make a great movie...
Gonna sell the idea to Michael Bay.:estatic:

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Oh my God! The 3 opening of Cardcaptor Sakura!

So ****ing good! I have seriously to rewatch this show i swear!

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Sad, really.
IIRC, there's a tribe of islanders that haven't even been touched by man yet. Which means they're behind in so many generations. So back that they believe they haven't mastered controlling fire yet. :4megaman:They plan to keep them untouched by our technology.

In a moment, it will begin:
View attachment 59843
:4pacman: mfw forgotten

Last edited:

DougX

Smash Champion
My Super Secret Underwater Volcano Lair in Space
NNID
Luigirasendori
3DS FC
0877-2652-6033
IIRC, there's a tribe of islanders that haven't even been touched by man yet. Which means they're behind in so many generations. So back that they believe they haven't mastered controlling fire yet. :4megaman:They plan to keep them untouched by our technology.
And, if I recall, anyone that tries to visit those islanders gets attacked by them too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom