• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
It really depends. There's some games on PS4 or Xbox One that people prefer. For PS4, I see Uncharted, MGS V, Mortal Kombat X, that Ratchet and Clank HD release, Bloodbourne, and Arkham Knight as games I really want to play.

Xbox One has Killer Instinct, Sunset Overdrive....and that's about it for me. There's really nothing else on there that's interesting that I want or isn't on PS4.

You do need to take in mind that people have preferences. There's games on those two systems that people like over Wii U, and vice versa. People are also fans or grew up with a certian system.
MGSV is also for the Xbox One.

Soul.

I honestly wonder why the PS4 is so popular. What exclusive games does it have? Let's see... It has Kingdom Hearts III, and... well, Kingdom Hearts III. And that's not enough to sell me a console that wastes power, tries to shove that "cloud gaming" bull**** down our throats, and further screws over backwards compatibility.
It's popular because they have been marketing it. Not really interested in PlayStation in general, so it's whatever.
Remote Play isn't good from what I have heard.

D

Deleted member

It's popular because they have been marketing it. Not really interested in PlayStation in general, so it's whatever.
Remote Play isn't good from what I have heard.
inb4 the Vita wasn't built for Remote Play

Strofirko

Smash Master
PS4 is popular not because it's exclusives,and yes because is powerful and it's not a xbox one.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
How is my hairstyle hilarious?
Because it was a good mixture between curly and braided (As far as I could remember from the photo), a type of braid combination not many people go for. But I'm not saying that's bad since my hair isn't that impressive to begin with (short and curly). :laugh:

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
The reason PS4 is popular is because Sony used the fact that MS are being scumbags about Xbone in theyr favor, had a good marketing campaign with a positive message, its new and shiny, and also because when both consoles are out, it would mean a beginning of a new generation, which means if you want to continue playing games you have to upgrade to a new console (as the old ones will stop being supported after some time), and since the "Xbone is the villain, Sony is the hero" narrative has been set in motion, its no wonder a lot of people from PS3, Xbox360 and even Wii bled over to PS4.

Also Bloodborne.

Soul.

Still glad they discontinued the PS2. Good riddance.

PlayStation is honestly meh to me. Every game the things have seem to not interest me. Sure, all of them are good and ****, but eh.

The majority of PS4 games are single player. That's a bit... boring, so to speak. How many games with online does the thing have? Maybe Xbox One has less. And you need to pay in order to play online... dumb.

Strofirko

Smash Master

PlayStation is honestly meh to me. Every game the things have seem to not interest me. Sure, all of them are good and ****, but eh.

The majority of PS4 games are single player. That's a bit... boring, so to speak. How many games with online does the thing have? Maybe Xbox One has less. And you need to pay in order to play online... dumb.
Killzone with paid fart DLC may be a hint,also the #forzakiller counts too.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader

The majority of PS4 games are single player. That's a bit... boring, so to speak. How many games with online does the thing have?
I honest to God dont think there is even one singleplayer-only game on PS4 besides Infamous, all the other games on it either have multiplayer (even Knack) or are multiplayer ONLY, similarly with Xbone. (I dont count multiplats like KH3 and FF15 for reasons)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I literally got a 360 just so a family member can play Sonic Generations. Wasting money on a console for one game is a horrid idea. Didn't work out and it was sold two years later. Attempts to get it back moved to the history books. Getting a Wii U was a better deal.

Soul.

I honest to God dont think there is even one singleplayer-only game on PS4 besides Infamous, all the other games on it either have multiplayer (even Knack) or are multiplayer ONLY, similarly with Xbone. (I dont count multiplats like KH3 and FF15 for reasons)
my b lol. Guess I was reading stupid ****.
Their multiplayer is mostly co-op, right?

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Too many cocky people on For Fun.
Lost against a guy who was spamming Ike's up B and Smashes.
After that he said "TryHarder" and left after one match.
Never touching For Fun ever again.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Just a thought I came up with
What if the Characters had Victory Themes that went past the initial jingle
Like, replacing the Smash 64 Menu Theme for a Series-Specific tune
Kirby Series' could be this;
Super Mario Series' could be this;
Mega Man's could be along the lines of this;
ETC., ETC.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So for some odd reason I woke up this morning with tears in my eyes. Not due to allergies, but as if I was crying.
And I have no idea how that happened.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
It seems even the Rayman team has decided to go all out.
Wanna have some Irony to the face
This is what they said on that post;
"Yesterday's RetroRayman revealed!
A Smashified Rayman? You can help make that happen..."
Can we take a second and acknowledge the "SMASHIFIED RAYMAN" there
...Where is my Artsy Omni smiley when I need it

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
It was clearly an inside job. Rayman is already in the game and when we download Mewtwo he'll show up too.

Abyssal Lagiacrus

Fly across the high seas and mountains
NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
I really hope that when me and my friend go to that Melee/PM tournament in May, we have our matches on stream.

Why?

We're going to both play Captain Falcon and Gentleman's pick to Poké Floats :falconmelee:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Just a thought I came up with
What if the Characters had Victory Themes that went past the initial jingle
Like, replacing the Smash 64 Menu Theme for a Series-Specific tune
Kirby Series' could be this;
Super Mario Series' could be this;
Mega Man's could be along the lines of this;
ETC., ETC.
This actually wouldn't be a bad idea. I can imagine Mother's being being the music that plays after you win a battle,

Edit: This would fit perfectly for Ganondorf

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I really hope that when me and my friend go to that Melee/PM tournament in May, we have our matches on stream.

Why?

We're going to both play Captain Falcon and Gentleman's pick to Poké Floats :falconmelee:
Good luck with that. May the meaning of truth be with you.

Soul.

I'm honestly surprised people still bring up lolartsyomni

Taunt

Smash Rookie
I literally got a 360 just so a family member can play Sonic Generations. Wasting money on a console for one game is a horrid idea. Didn't work out and it was sold two years later. Attempts to get it back moved to the history books. Getting a Wii U was a better deal.
I only got a Wii U for Smash Bros, and it worked out good for me.
(Though granted, I got the wii u two months earlier and got Hyrule Warriors and Mario Kart which both turned out to be awesome.)

D

Deleted member

I only got a Wii U for Smash Bros, and it worked out good for me.
(Though granted, I got the wii u two months earlier and got Hyrule Warriors and Mario Kart which both turned out to be awesome.)
I see. Smash Bros. was primarily one of the main reasons why I got one. But of course, I wanted to get other stuff as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom