• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Bowser's Inside Story was a great DS game. I skipped out on Dream Team but I might have to try Paper Jam.

Never played Paper Mario or TTYD, just SPM, so I'm looking forward to checking Paper Mario out in the meantime.

Super Mario RPG will always be the best Mario RPG to me though.
the WiiU VC of pm64 is a very good value now (also, if spm could please get on vc.....).

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
Bowser's Inside Story was a great DS game. I skipped out on Dream Team but I might have to try Paper Jam.

Never played Paper Mario or TTYD, just SPM, so I'm looking forward to checking Paper Mario out in the meantime.

I am going to pre order Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon.
It looks soo good.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

You should try Dream Team, I think it is good and I never played Super Mario RPG but I must give it a try
Japan has the best ads for games
I am going to pre order Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon.
It looks soo good.
I dare someone to tell me Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon isn't an RPG. apparently it is a Roguelike RPG

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
You should try Dream Team, I think it is good and I never played Super Mario RPG but I must give it a try
Japan has the best ads for games

I dare someone to tell me Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon isn't an RPG. apparently it is a Roguelike RPG
I think the Paper Mario jpn commercial are WAY better than the US one.....by a lot.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
the WiiU VC of pm64 is a very good value now (also, if spm could please get on vc.....).
You can play spm on the Wii u dude, you dont need vc. If your disk still works then you can play it
On the topic of Japanese Ads,
there need to be another one of these games

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
You can play spm on the Wii u dude, you dont need vc. If your disk still works then you can play it
that;s the problem you need a disc = it;s not as accessible.

TTYD is unfortunately the least accessible, you need to buy from ebay but it;s like 40$.

It;s accessibility here, this is why I jsut want spm on VC, I have all game from the series in phisical and I did played spm on a WiiU, but it;s just bad for others who just don;t have local store and needs to buy online.

don;t assume everyone has a disc though :)

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Since I picked EarthBound back up at the end of the school year, I've been playing lots of RPGs.

Still have a way to go in EarthBound, but I hope to pick up Beginnings when I finish it.

I haven't played EarthBound in a while, but in that time I've been filling in the gaps with Fallout: New Vegas, the entire Five Nights at F***boy's trilogy, and of course Cthulhu Saves the World.

All things considered, Open World Bethesda RPGs, straight up raunch-fest RPG parodies of dank memes and FNAF, and an AMAZING Lovecraft themed Affectionate a Parody of the JRPG genre are all self-approved to be a healthy EarthBound substitute.

Except my current mission in New Vegas. Goddamned Nightkin in the REPCONN basements. Blow those little ******** up is what I'd like to do but they have Mac armor and Boss Health. AND THEY ARE INITIALLY NEAR INVISIBLE.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
that;s the problem you need a disc = it;s not as accessible.

TTYD is unfortunately the least accessible, you need to buy from ebay but it;s like 40$.

It;s accessibility here, this is why I jsut want spm on VC, I have all game from the series in phisical and I did played spm on a WiiU, but it;s just bad for others who just don;t have local store and needs to buy online.

don;t assume everyone has a disc though :)
"If your disk still works then you can play it"
Note I said If. I know not everyone has a disk

Dont assume I meant one thing
---
I need to find my Super Princess Peach game. Hope it didn't get taken

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Since I picked EarthBound back up at the end of the school year, I've been playing lots of RPGs.

Still have a way to go in EarthBound, but I hope to pick up Beginnings when I finish it.

I haven't played EarthBound in a while, but in that time I've been filling in the gaps with Fallout: New Vegas, the entire Five Nights at F***boy's trilogy, and of course Cthulhu Saves the World.

All things considered, Open World Bethesda RPGs, straight up raunch-fest RPG parodies of dank memes and FNAF, and an AMAZING Lovecraft themed Affectionate a Parody of the JRPG genre are all self-approved to be a healthy EarthBound substitute.

Except my current mission in New Vegas. Goddamned Nightkin in the REPCONN basements. Blow those little ******** up is what I'd like to do but they have Mac armor and Boss Health. AND THEY ARE INITIALLY NEAR INVISIBLE.
ok, tbh, if you like earthbound, you should play TTYD, I feel TTYD has some similarities with the humor style of earthbound, it doesn't revolves on it, but it jsut had great moments :)

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

Still have a way to go in EarthBound, but I hope to pick up Beginnings when I finish it..
I used to play earthbound on my emulator until I got to a certain point and it would crash hard. I was so mad

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
This feels so wrong and right at the same time

YOU'RE ALREADY RATED EVERYONE 10 AND UP

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion

Just saying, but if you're going to play Beginnings after Earthbound, keep in mind that the game is very different from Earthbound, and that it's better to just view it as an NES RPG rather than the precursor to Earthbound if you want to get the most enjoyable experience. I can't stress this enough, this is VERY important.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
This feels so wrong and right at the same time

YOU'RE ALREADY RATED EVERYONE 10 AND UP
Oh god that a good thing to see before bed
I ****ed up my back, arm and leg tripping on a pallet during work today.
Those wooden things? What is that doing just laying around?

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone else hoping Super Mario Maker gets Doki Doki DLC?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Just saying, but if you're going to play Beginnings after Earthbound, keep in mind that the game is very different from Earthbound, and that it's better to just view it as an NES RPG rather than the precursor to Earthbound if you want to get the most enjoyable experience. I can't stress this enough, this is VERY important.
I am planning to buy it, so, care to explain?

is the logistic of the game good for an NES game? earthbound was fantastic for its time.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I'd say Earthbound Beginnings was good for its time. It can be a bit grindy at times due to difficulty spikes but you shouldn't have to spend much time levelling up. I feel the game still holds up now, something other NES RPGs aren't able to do.
Also, it doesn't have the rolling HP metre Earhbound has, so you take all damage at once like a traditional RPG.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
According to my research, Ankylosaurus should not have been able to be flipped over by Indomidus Rex.

Jurassic World, where is your realism?!?!?

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I decided to see how long it would take to take out stage bosses with certain characters and final smashes. It took 2 Final Smashes from Roy to beat Metal Face, Yellow Devil, and couldn't KO Ridley. One PK Starstorm to beat the first two, but Ridley survived a lot of those before leaving on his own. Ryu's takes a couple or few tries to KO the first two. A couple Critical Hits from Marth KO the first two, but it OHKO's Ridley. Marth and Lucina's Critical Hit are the only Final Smashes I could get to KO Ridley, and they both are OHKO.

Psystrike doesn't hurt them for some reason when it should totally mind-crush them. :(

Edit: Also, 2 PK Flash for YD and 3 for Metal Face. Two Roy explosions for each. Having Roy with +200 attack is OHKO on YD and MF.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Since when does Wikipedia use children's drawings as their "pictures"?

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
I am planning to buy it, so, care to explain?

is the logistic of the game good for an NES game? earthbound was fantastic for its time.
Not sure what you mean by logistic...

Unlike Earthbound, the game is open world for the most part, i.e. you can go anywhere, and no one tells you to go anywhere nor are you forced to. The only exception is the beginning of the game. In that respect it's sort of like a more RPG-ish version of Zelda I, as there are towns and NPCs(just like EB). The "humor" of EB is, while present, not as prevalent in the game. I mean, you still phone your dad to save and whatnot, but you won't be seeing characters like the Runaway Five or Mayor Monotoli, and even the NPC's aren't too memorable. It's more of an adventurous, quiet and somber-type of game in comparison, and overall the feeling it generates on you is much more subtle. For example, while EB may have a lot of build up towards you getting a new character in your party, EB Beginnings just throws them at you unexpectedly, you just meet them in your travels on the way, so in that respect it feels more fluid and a part of the game world rather than the game world orchestrating you to go and befriend a particular character. This is one aspect I really liked of the game, the quietness of it.

The game also has a lot, and I mean lots, of dead ends in its overworld, and there's a lot of space that may seem unnecessary, and these just muddle you up with random battles. Oh yeah, the battle system is typical of any NES RPG, so if you're used to EB's innovative one, then well you'll have to go back...your item space is also much less than EB, your attacks are worse, the enemies are harder, there's very little you can do if one of your characters is dead(remember that bit about dead ends and open worlds? Yeah, it's not really a good thing for your party when your only chances of reviving are hospitals in towns which, if you can even get there without getting lost, have even more random battles on the way)...just like a standard NES RPG basically :p

These all sound like really bad changes if you're used to how EB dealt with them. But if you view it as just another NES RPG, the game's structure is actually realistic(in a good way), you actually feel like you're a little boy in danger as aliens are attacking, and every event in the game feels like it happens more because of you than the game trying to set you up on a path, so in that sense the whole world of EB Beginnings just feels...alive. I played Beginnings first from the Mother trilogy, and it is easily my favorite of the 3. Transitioning from Beginnings to EB is easier, the changes are more than welcome, it's regressing back from EB to Beginnings that I imagine will be problematic.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Not sure what you mean by logistic...

Unlike Earthbound, the game is open world for the most part, i.e. you can go anywhere, and no one tells you to go anywhere nor are you forced to. The only exception is the beginning of the game. In that respect it's sort of like a more RPG-ish version of Zelda I, as there are towns and NPCs(just like EB). The "humor" of EB is, while present, not as prevalent in the game. I mean, you still phone your dad to save and whatnot, but you won't be seeing characters like the Runaway Five or Mayor Monotoli, and even the NPC's aren't too memorable. It's more of an adventurous, quiet and somber-type of game in comparison, and overall the feeling it generates on you is much more subtle. For example, while EB may have a lot of build up towards you getting a new character in your party, EB Beginnings just throws them at you unexpectedly, you just meet them in your travels on the way, so in that respect it feels more fluid and a part of the game world rather than the game world orchestrating you to go and befriend a particular character. This is one aspect I really liked of the game, the quietness of it.

The game also has a lot, and I mean lots, of dead ends in its overworld, and there's a lot of space that may seem unnecessary, and these just muddle you up with random battles. Oh yeah, the battle system is typical of any NES RPG, so if you're used to EB's innovative one, then well you'll have to go back...your item space is also much less than EB, your attacks are worse, the enemies are harder, there's very little you can do if one of your characters is dead(remember that bit about dead ends and open worlds? Yeah, it's not really a good thing for your party when your only chances of reviving are hospitals in towns which, if you can even get there without getting lost, have even more random battles on the way)...just like a standard NES RPG basically :p

These all sound like really bad changes if you're used to how EB dealt with them. But if you view it as just another NES RPG, the game's structure is actually realistic(in a good way), you actually feel like you're a little boy in danger as aliens are attacking, and every event in the game feels like it happens more because of you than the game trying to set you up on a path, so in that sense the whole world of EB Beginnings just feels...alive. I played Beginnings first from the Mother trilogy, and it is easily my favorite of the 3. Transitioning from Beginnings to EB is easier, the changes are more than welcome, it's regressing back from EB to Beginnings that I imagine will be problematic.
Random battle?

Changed my decision, I won't buy it. Seriously, I HATE RANDOM ENCOUNTER WITH PASSION!

Not to mention how it doesn't seem that the overworld help....you would really need a strong reason for me to enjoy the game...in these circumstances, I will get frustrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom