• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Everybody is celebrating dad's day while I sit here waiting for my meds to work and drinking 1 liter of water per hour :4metaknight:

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
@ Soul. Soul. I can't helped but be bothered by your avi. What's that thing around Pikachu?

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
FG is not even serious. It's filled with players who dash attack and taunt each time they see you go off screen. I, personally, use it as a tool to test out secondaries and find few defensive tactics I need to work on.
I played with hunter enough to know how it is in smash 4

Part of the reason I dont play much lol yes yes I know " git gud"
I was kidding when I posted that. One small mechanic doesn't take away from enjoying the game.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I was kidding when I posted that. One small mechanic doesn't take away from enjoying the game.
I know but I get affected by the smallest of things and I have no idea why that move angers me so much honestly. I just have to learn to overlook it.

I'm still annoyed with it but at least I'm learning to get over it

@ Soul. Soul. I can't helped but be bothered by your avi. What's that thing around Pikachu?
A scarf I think XP

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
GGs @ Bedoop Bedoop . You left super fast and quiet suddenly. But anyway, I won all the matches with the Mii:4miisword:.
I had to go to the grocery store. :4pacman:
Your playstyle is...how could I say this : annoyingly defensive. Especially with your Villager.
I dunno, all those rolls and Shurikens might've rubbed off on me~
Some matches were close, but that's mostly due to my experience with the character, which is small. You tried to make cheap tricks, like Kirbyciding (@ WolfieXVII ❂ WolfieXVII ❂ would be proud) or stalling time with the Villager near the end.
That Kirbycide attempt was actually completely accidental, but I was like "OK :I"
If only the stage didn't change :4pacman:
By the way, you maybe don't know this rule, but if the time runs out, the character who has the smallest percentages wins. So the sudden death was useless.
I know the rule, I just wanted to see how SD would go :4pacman:
You also never stay with one character.
Technically correct.
It's a bit annoying too,
That's my specialty! :4pacman:
since it shows that you don't have a define character.
False, I use :4feroy: and :4kirby:.
At first you took the Mii Brawler, then Roy, afterwards Kirby, then the Villager, to finally end on the Mii Gunner. That's 5 characters. 5 characters you played, for 5 matches.
Reasons;
:4miibrawl:: I wanted to Mii VS Mii but I remembered I haven't played him is a long time so I was like "Oh jeez"
:4feroy:: I'm maining him
:4kirby:: I'm maining him
:4villager: and :4miigun:: I got a bit miffed about all those Shurikens and Rolls and Grabs, so I did the good ol' "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em", plus it's fun to use them
You need to stick with one or two characters, not choosing the whole roster to defeat someone
See above. :4feroy: :4kirby:
Overall, the matches were okay. I didn't like your playstyle,
I get that alot. ' ^'
but that's just my personal opinion. What you should do is focusing on one character.
:4feroy: :4kirby:
I couldn't analyze your characters since you played one character for each match.
Well I do like having the element of surprise :4drmario:
So, the only thing I can tell you is to adapt your playstyle
I play on the Offense, but when someone starts going overhauled defensive, expect me to adapt. Not my fault/problem if you get annoyed :4lemmy:
and stop doing cheap tricks that doesn't work.
What is this, Mhortyl Kwombit? I'm gonna have fun and do wacky things if I want to, this is Smash Brothers. :4pacman:
Other than that, it was fun. Good games. :mariomelee:
You sit on a throne of lies

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
So I saw Jaws at a theater today for it's 40th anniversary.

Love this movie. Was so great to finally see it on the big screen where it truly shines.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Well, I watched Inside-Out today... God, it was... it was beautiful

Those are tears of Joy and Sadness by the way.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

The badge was made from scratch to fit with Paper Mario's artwork style. But either way go for the new one you showed.
nah, I honestly like much better to have it upscaled because if I don;t change the scale, it would look too small ((it does on your too\) and I really don;t think the white outline is neccessary.....

Plus, I just don;t like the feel of it, trust me, I love much better the pixelised version.

Also, you cropped it....not worth it, just add space, downscale uniformely and it;s minimal, the P icon would cover most anyway.

Tl;dr, no, it just looks odd.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I laughed hard and I almost **** my pants, this is not my day :4charizard:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
wait, guys, I think I found the one thing I should have known about gimp.

If I scale and select none for the interpolation, the pic feels much better quality, the pixels just appears bigger.....

WHY I DIDN'T KNEW THIS BEFORE????

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
wait, guys, I think I found the one thing I should have known about gimp.

If I scale and select none for the interpolation, the pic feels much better quality, the pixels just appears bigger.....

WHY I DIDN'T KNEW THIS BEFORE????
Well, most people don't like pixellation. It's like the mortal enemy of the graphics designer.

:231:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Well, most people don't like pixellation. It's like the mortal enemy of the graphics designer.

:231:
not for the P symbol.

See like the one I have have interpolation, it looks ulgy, but not pixelised. The original was pixelised, the console probably do some antialiasing or something, but it just looks much better. I tried the no interpolation on the artwork and it looks ugly because you loose way too much details, the P symbol, you loose nothing.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
not for the P symbol.

See like the one I have have interpolation, it looks ulgy, but not pixelised. The original was pixelised, the console probably do some antialiasing or something, but it just looks much better. I tried the no interpolation on the artwork and it looks ugly because you loose way too much details, the P symbol, you loose nothing.
New avatar?

T

Trick or Treat

I am going to ignore the gossip and teasing...and next time I see her I am going to ask her to go see a movie or something...

Last edited by a moderator:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Yeah, guys, I now have the P symbol with no interpolation and it looks ok, you do see the pixels, but it;s just much better than the ugly interpolation the other had.

The best way is to make an svg, I think I just need to try because this symbol sounds very simple to draw a path.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Well, I gotta go sleep. I'll leave you all with this :
tumblr_inline_ncwj8aVIJP1ry839j.gif

Good night.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Im starting to feel better, time to keep studying how to buy from Play-Asia

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Oh :v
Im not able to playyyyy atm ;v;
I was saying if we did play then you would probably say something quotable enough for my sig
My bad.
Aw man what to play

Mario Kart or Kirby Triple Deluxe...
KTD, extra bosses make the game worth it for longtime Kirby fans. Heck, the bosses in general make it worth it.
Anybody have a link to the mobile version of the forums, or is it a setting thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom