• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Finally back home in Minnesota. I stopped by GameStop and preordered StarFox Zero, but its gonna be pretty hard waiting to see whether or not Nintendo will be at Comic Con next month.

Soul.

when is club nintendo closing? they said they would introduce the new service in fall of this year.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
All right, ggs @ Will Will . I only used the Mii :4miisword: on this one, just because I wanted to test it. And, it's pretty successful.

At first, I failed to win against your Shulk, mainly because I didn't know how to use my character properly. But the more I fought, the more I understood how the Mii Swordfighter works (and how he was buffed with the new patch).

So I mostly won the matches, you won some too, but less if I remember correctly.
  • Your :4shulk: was at first hard to beat, but I understood your playstyle later on. Your customs were also a factor to my loses. But after some practice, I managed to defeat him, and quiet easily at times. You have a great Shulk, but he's too predictable sometimes. You have to change your playstyle sometimes, you often play dead to win. I also use this technique, but only with Mac. You should try to play different to confuse your opponents. Anyway, your Shulk was probably your best character in those sets we played.
  • The match against :4littlemac: was close. Thank god I main Mac and know the matchup with him, otherwise I would have been destroyed, like many other players. Your Mac is great, and I saw a technique I never seen before (the KO punch right after you landed). I just knew the matchup, so it made me win. But it was really close dude.
  • Finally, your :4feroy: needs work, but there's some good stuff. I don't really know how to play Roy correctly, and I honnestly think he's easy to beat at times. But your Roy needs to find more openings. You did tricked me with that unpunishable NeutralB to Fsmash. You should try to play more mindgames with Roy and profit of the moments where the opponent is going to do something unsafe. Roy has awesome combos that can KO at stupidely good percentages. Work on this boy, he has potential.
Overall, the matches were good. There was some lag (that cost me a match against your Shulk), but the connection was good otherwise. One thing I didn't really appreciated is your, quote and quote, "cocky" nature in those matches. It can be annoying when you want to focus, and it feels unrespectful. I know that Smash is the place where "respect doesn't exist", but you could at least try not to taunt our crouching repeatedly. Show at least some respect to the player you fight.
That's one of my rules.

Well anyway, thanks for those matches. I hope you'll progress, especially with your Roy.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I recommend this site for everyone really. You can do friendlies and ranked matches with grades (Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, etc...) on every Smash game you want to play.
There's actual communication and you can rate it, as well as the connection, at the end of every match.
The site is clean, there's a main chat to talk to others (I often see @ Admiral Pit Admiral Pit there), with private messages, a friend list and even an ignored list.
It's a really well done site that I recommend to everybody here.
Well um, not sure how you know I'm there but.... Personally I hate all the memes there and its own set of jerks and jokers, but, meh. D:
I so wish Summer was over already. The heat, bugs, and breakdancing roaches (that shall soon die) get under my skin. D:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
The Space Stranger Rangers:
:4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4falcon::4luigi::4falcon:
*gasp*

IT'S MORPHIN' TIME!

Captain Falcon: Falcon Power Red!
Captain Falcon: Falcon Power Yellow!
Captain Falcon: Falcon Power Blue!
Captain Falcon: Falcon Power Black!
Luigi: Falcon Po--wait why the hell am I here? MR. L!
Captain Falcon: FALCON PUNCH!!!

My best 6 as of right now: :4feroy::4marth::4zss::4yoshi::4tlink::4fox:/:4lucina:/:4pit: tie

Yep, I see where the Roy love came from after all

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I just hope whatever replaces Club Nintendo will link to your Nintendo Network ID rather than just a simple website account.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Well um, not sure how you know I'm there but.... Personally I hate all the memes there and its own set of jerks and jokers, but, meh. D:
I see the main Smash 4 chat on the site, so of course I know you're there.
Also, this image sums up this chat perfectly (sometimes) :

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Actually now that I think about it:

Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers: Extreme Force

:4feroy::4yoshi::4marth::4lucario::4lucina::4link::4tlink::4zss::4pit::4fox::4ludwig:

Extreme Force Mains:

:4feroy::4marth::4fox:

Extreme Force Secondaries:

:4lucina::4zss::4yoshi::4tlink::4pit:

Extreme Force Possibilities:

:4lucario::4link::4mewtwo::4peach:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I love how moe***t chinese cartoons can be so memetic:

Alpaca.jpg

Still better than Fairy Tail

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Alright, the Symphony of the Goddess was awesome! Top 3 favorite things about it were Act 1, the Twilight Princess Movement, and the finale! After the concert, it started raining, and I had a bag full of merchandise and a poster, so... I had to stuff them under my hoodie. This pic pretty much sums up what I looked like:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Sadly memes are pathetic. Really sucks that it has to be a daily thing, given that I'm generally not the joking type. D:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Your :4shulk: was at first hard to beat, but I understood your playstyle later on. Your customs were also a factor to my loses. But after some practice, I managed to defeat him, and quiet easily at times. You have a great Shulk, but he's too predictable sometimes. You have to change your playstyle sometimes, you often play dead to win. I also use this technique, but only with Mac. You should try to play different to confuse your opponents. Anyway, your Shulk was probably your best character in those sets we played.
Confuse in what way exactly?
My playstyle with :4shulk: is what I consider "adaptive." Not in getting in reads, but more to get up to the standards of the opponent. If he's fast, I'm fast. If he uses projectiles, I can jump. If there's a heavy character, go in Buster. It's not the best, but it gets the job done for me mostly. Also about customs, I hate Hyper Monado Arts, but it's apparently competively successful. I'd rather go for Decisive or Regular Arts. Back Slash Leap is also a good custom for platforms. Your :4miisword:made it hard because of the aerials.

The match against :4littlemac: was close. Thank god I main Mac and know the matchup with him, otherwise I would have been destroyed, like many other players. Your Mac is great, and I saw a technique I never seen before (the KO punch right after you landed). I just knew the matchup, so it made me win. But it was really close dude.
Actually, I forgot about something else. KO Punching in the air can give you a bigger chance of making it far away from the stage. Also Guard Breaker is pretty cool imo.

Finally, your :4feroy: needs work, but there's some good stuff. I don't really know how to play Roy correctly, and I honnestly think he's easy to beat at times. But your Roy needs to find more openings. You did tricked me with that unpunishable NeutralB to Fsmash. You should try to play more mindgames with Roy and profit of the moments where the opponent is going to do something unsafe. Roy has awesome combos that can KO at stupidely good percentages. Work on this boy, he has potential.
Actually to be honest I goofed and picked him instead of :4ryu:, my final choice. I thought Xander said Ryu instead of Roy so I rolled with it and tried to remember ZeRo's advice. Nothing else there. I tried at least, then I went and got pizza, which is to my left right now. Yes, it's delicious :4pacman:

Overall, the matches were good. There was some lag (that cost me a match against your Shulk), but the connection was good otherwise. One thing I didn't really appreciated is your, quote and quote, "cocky" nature in those matches. It can be annoying when you want to focus, and it feels unrespectful. I know that Smash is the place where "respect doesn't exist", but you could at least try not to taunt our crouching repeatedly. Show at least some respect to the player you fight.
That's one of my rules.
Dude, I've always been a ****. I know this. I know when to stop, but not online where I can't tell facial expressions. I'm basically that guy tbh, and I'm okay with that. :4luigi: Well GG, I'm trying to get better at Mac and Ryu.

D

Deleted member

I just hope whatever replaces Club Nintendo will link to your Nintendo Network ID rather than just a simple website account.
And I hope Nintendo (and to a lesser extent, DeNA) doesn't ditch Nintendo Network as a whole. Sure, they won't, but I'm just saying. I also hope it's not like PSN and Xbox Live where you have to pay to play online. Let's face it: you have to pay to keep your house, water, electric, and internet services. That's a big amount. Why do you need to pay for your console as well?

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Sadly memes are pathetic.
profile_picture_by_u_wot_m8-d534u82.jpg

Y dew u not lik memes ? Zey r ze DNA of ze sool.

I'm joking, feel free to have your own opinion. But respect others, even with their dank memes and jokes.

T

Trick or Treat

All right, ggs @ Will Will . I only used the Mii :4miisword: on this one, just because I wanted to test it. And, it's pretty successful.

At first, I failed to win against your Shulk, mainly because I didn't know how to use my character properly. But the more I fought, the more I understood how the Mii Swordfighter works (and how he was buffed with the new patch).

So I mostly won the matches, you won some too, but less if I remember correctly.
  • Your :4shulk: was at first hard to beat, but I understood your playstyle later on. Your customs were also a factor to my loses. But after some practice, I managed to defeat him, and quiet easily at times. You have a great Shulk, but he's too predictable sometimes. You have to change your playstyle sometimes, you often play dead to win. I also use this technique, but only with Mac. You should try to play different to confuse your opponents. Anyway, your Shulk was probably your best character in those sets we played.
  • The match against :4littlemac: was close. Thank god I main Mac and know the matchup with him, otherwise I would have been destroyed, like many other players. Your Mac is great, and I saw a technique I never seen before (the KO punch right after you landed). I just knew the matchup, so it made me win. But it was really close dude.
  • Finally, your :4feroy: needs work, but there's some good stuff. I don't really know how to play Roy correctly, and I honnestly think he's easy to beat at times. But your Roy needs to find more openings. You did tricked me with that unpunishable NeutralB to Fsmash. You should try to play more mindgames with Roy and profit of the moments where the opponent is going to do something unsafe. Roy has awesome combos that can KO at stupidely good percentages. Work on this boy, he has potential.
That's one of my rules.

Well anyway, thanks for those matches. I hope you'll progress, especially with your Roy.
I really really like that you go into such depth like this, after playing someone.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I really really like that you go into such depth like this, after playing someone.
I always do that when I win against someone. When I lose, I'm trying my best to learn from my mistakes and do the stuff my own way. I mostly lose against @Cloud_Dreamer here. Ironically, we main pratically the same characters. I main Mario and Mac, and he mains Doc and Mac. And I mained Doc before, so we both have similar experiences.

One of my objectives in Smash is to defeat him. It might sounds stupid, but if I defeat him, I'll know I progressed. But I'm not ready right now. I still need to learn tricks and other tips for my mains.

T

Trick or Treat

I always do that when I win against someone. When I lose, I'm trying my best to learn from my mistakes and do the stuff my own way. I mostly lose against @Cloud_Dreamer here. Ironically, we main pratically the same characters. I main Mario and Mac, and he mains Doc and Mac. And I mained Doc before, so we both have similar experiences.

One of my objectives in Smash is to defeat him. It might sounds stupid, but if I defeat him, I'll know I progressed. But I'm not ready right now. I still need to learn tricks and other tips for my mains.
This makes me want to play against you even more. And that sounds like a cool little rivalry you have going on there. Especially since you use practically the same characters.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I remembered what I was gonna say!

I wonder if Kingdom Hearts III will have worlds based off Marvel or Star Wars.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
This makes me want to play against you even more. And that sounds like a cool little rivalry you have going on there. Especially since you use practically the same characters.
Well, it's not really a big rivalry. If it was a real one, we would fight a lot more. But yeah, we main similar characters, but I'm nothing compared to his skill. Wich also made me realize how desperate I was to get stocks, a "Jean-Pierre Polnareff" type of weakness. I try to erase this default, but I'm still getting salty at times.

And I want to play against you one day too. I need to train myself for the Peach matchup.
dfg.gif

I have some problems against her that could be problematic in the future.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I remembered what I was gonna say!

I wonder if Kingdom Hearts III will have worlds based off Marvel or Star Wars.
The mobile game preliminary sketches when it was first cancelled include Tatooine as a world and Anakin, Yoda, Ahsoka and Obi-Wan. I say it's possible.

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

Well, it's not really a big rivalry. If it was a real one, we would fight a lot more. But yeah, we main similar characters, but I'm nothing compared to his skill. Wich also made me realize how desperate I was to get stocks, a "Jean-Pierre Polnareff" type of weakness. I try to erase this default, but I'm still getting salty at times.

And I want to play against you one day too. I need to train myself for the Peach matchup.
View attachment 57720
I know, not a serious rivalry, but it is still cool nonetheless. And either way, that leads you to improving yourself and your technique against him.

I won't lie, if we do play, I will definitely be going all out with my Peach. The 6 characters I mentioned earlier are my best, but she is by far my number 1.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

View attachment 57720
Was I not worthy of a true fight? :4rob:jk you never fought 3 of my other choices (:4myfriends::4metaknight::4villager:)

You like those guys, right? :4pacman:No problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom