• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I dunno, I mean it's not impossible to find people you can trust on the internet, but you never know. Lying on the internet isn't hard, any of us here could be faking our profiles and have a secret.
You caught me. I'm not really a Cowboy stranger from space but a cowboy action figure from a space toy line.

OH I'M A SHAM!

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
We already know that Space Stranger's surname is Hardwood tho (ง ͡ ͡° ͜ ʖ ͡ ͡°)ว

D

Deleted member

I already revealed my real name last year (albeit not in Smashboards). Nothing happened. See? It's NOTHING! I don't get why people are so afraid of not revealing it. It's not like the other user is a stalker / privacy invader. For example:

Me: My real name has seven letters!
User: So does mine.
Me: What's your name?
User: I can't reveal my name. ;)

I don't get it. Mine is fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I feel like everyone here should know me well
If not; here's a brief summary;
Here's mine:
I already revealed my real name last year. Nothing happened. See? It's NOTHING! I don't get why people are so afraid of not revealing it. It's not like the other user is a stalker / privacy invader. For example:

Mine is a spanish name with 8 letters. Have fun guessing.

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Starting to twitch from holding myself out from watching the new Steven Universe episodes this week. Just one more day.

Must. Refrain. From. Watching. New Opening.

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
E3 2015 is over. Yay I can have my life back. Until this time next year, at least. : P

So, back to Smash I guess. Roy is awesome. Definitely at least high-tier imo. Ryu takes a lot of skill, but definitely looks like a character worth learning. Lucas is just...Lucas. Very solid pick, but Ness is still better competitively.

Strofirko

Smash Master
And so it ends:
The main problem of nintendo this year is that they tried to carry E3 alone with starfox and mario maker as their next Smash bros and Splatoon,that sadly didn't end well,said that we can't deny that we had a lot of hype sunday,and treehouse team did a great job.
Maybe next year with zelda around the corner,lazy retro studios project,and NX we will go somewhere.

And so it seems I will see you pals soon™.

Soul.

People have the right to keep their privacy intact though.
inb4 you can't trust anyone

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
"Rocket's last name is Tentacles?"
"Poor guy..."

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I could guess your name, Spidey, but as I already know it, it wouldn't be guessing anymore. :4megaman:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I already revealed my real name last year (albeit not in Smashboards). Nothing happened. See? It's NOTHING! I don't get why people are so afraid of not revealing it. It's not like the other user is a stalker / privacy invader. For example:

It may happen nothing but my names are ugly and my surnames are weird :p

"Rocket's last name is Tentacles?"
"Poor guy..."
Hey, mine is worse because it is Squarepants :dazwa:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
E3 was not as great as last year but still had lots of things to look forward to. Hopefully Nintendo can listen to the sane criticisms of their performance and retry next year.

The real winner of E3 is still the gamers since most of us found games that we wanted.

T

Trick or Treat

If it really bothers you guys so much, I can always reveal my name if you really wanted. Not that it would make anyone feel better though :/

I dunno, I mean it's not impossible to find people you can trust on the internet, but you never know. Lying on the internet isn't hard, any of us here could be faking our profiles and have a secret.
True, anyone could be lying. But after years of talking to these people, I trust them. Plus their Facebooks are legit and I found out none of them were lying. They are some of my best friends to this day, with only distance keeping us apart.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
My name is a combination of my father and mother's. I guess that explains why I like wordplay. :p

:231:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
See, for me, personally, it's more beneficial than anything to have my name known, considering I'm in college to be a journalist, after all. Readership, and all that jazz. It's gonna be in the byline anyway, haha. :p

That being said, there's no reason for me to do it right now since I'm at home for the summer and not at The Daily Collegian. :laugh:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
See, for me, personally, it's more beneficial than anything to have my name known, considering I'm in college to be a journalist, after all. Readership, and all that jazz. It's gonna be in the byline anyway, haha. :p

That being said, there's no reason for me to do it right now since I'm at home for the summer and not at The Daily Collegian.
But what if you cant trust anyone to know your name? Or should I say, trust anyone online

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I want to get my name out when my mixtape drops on Saturday. It's archfire, yo. :4robinm:

But seriously, I've never felt the need to reveal my name online. It's the main reason why I dislike Facebook and Twitter.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
As I said before I prefer to be more cautious. I talk about my life, sure, but I try to not refer anyone by name.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681

That being said, there's no reason for me to do it right now since I'm at home for the summer and not at The Daily Collegian. :laugh:
Interesting. What kind of journalist? Subject, I mean.
I wanted to become one as well, but I'm too shy for it. I don't have the guts to walk to a random Space Stranger so I can ask him/her some questions.

I want to get my name out when my mixtape drops on Saturday. It's archfire, yo. :4robinm:

But seriously, I've never felt the need to reveal my name online. It's the main reason why I dislike Facebook and Twitter.
Implying it's not Woody. Woody Hardwood.

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
If anyone wants to refer to me in a personal manner online, they can just use the first part of my username. It works well enough.

D

Deleted member

If it really bothers you guys so much, I can always reveal my name if you really wanted. Not that it would make anyone feel better though :/

True, anyone could be lying. But after years of talking to these people, I trust them. Plus their Facebooks are legit and I found out none of them were lying. They are some of my best friends to this day, with only distance keeping us apart.
I wouldn't mind if you do that (or don't). On the other hand, I take this particular subject very seriously, and wouldn't distribute users' names without their permission, but why would I do that to begin with?

I'd elaborate more on my personal life, but now isn't really the time for that. I've seen there are some questionable things going around and I would get them out to be done altogether. I don't reveal my name on sites like Facebook and Twitter.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
After all this name talk I decided to investigate the origins of my names and surnames...

My freaking name is a mix of German/Italian, Latin, Basque and Spanish stuff

That bugs me somehow

T

Trick or Treat

Yeah no. dont
Why is that?

I wouldn't mind if you do that (or don't). On the other hand, I take this particular subject very seriously, and wouldn't distribute users' names without their permission, but why would I do that to begin with?

I'd elaborate more on my personal life, but now isn't really the time for that. I've seen there are some questionable things going around and I would get them out to be done altogether. I don't reveal my name on sites like Facebook and Twitter.
Those internet friends I mentioned know a lot about my personal life and I know a lot of theirs. We know each others' full names and text and sometimes talk on the phone. I even plan on meeting some of them in the very near future.

Of course I am not saying to just freely tell everyone in the world, but my point is that just because they may start as just online strangers, doesn't mean it will always be like that. I'm sure most of us here have met someone, whether on this site or another, that we are like that with.

D

Deleted member

After all this name talk I decided to investigate the origins of my names and surnames...

My freaking name is a mix of German/Italian, Latin, Basque and Spanish stuff

That bugs me somehow
My name apparently means "highly praiseworthy" or something of the like.

Soul.

So yeah, E3 is over. Let's just hope they do better next year.
People that ask you for names and whatever are dumb. Annoying.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
But what if you cant trust anyone to know your name? Or should I say, trust anyone online
Well then being a journalist is the wrong line of work, since it's public knowledge. :laugh: But like I said, I personally don't mind since it's gonna be a requirement later anyway, but of course I understand why people wouldn't want that.

Interesting. What kind of journalist? Subject, I mean.
I wanted to become one as well, but I'm too shy for it. I don't have the guts to walk to a random Space Stranger so I can ask him/her some questions.
I've been liking the science and research beat lately, though I also enjoy arts, local news/feature pieces, and the occasional hard news like the crime beat. Just finished my freshman year of college so I haven't had a lot of experience with a lot of those, but they're areas of interest. My main goal is to work my way up to eventually write for the NYTimes, but that'll take at least five years in more local papers. I'd probably start in a slightly-smaller-but-not-minuscule place if I play my cards right. Scranton's the closest decent sized city to where I live, so probably there for a few years, then commute to New York.

I'm normally a pretty shy person as well IRL, but when you're just out there in the field, you just get this...sensation, you know? That the only thing between the story dying or getting out to the public is your own reporting skills. It's thrilling, really. I swear I'm like a completely different person when reporting, since it feels like I'm providing a genuine service to the public.

Well, that's me, anyway. :p

This has been another episode of Opossum's Daily Life IRL. Stay tuned for CSI:Smashboards after these messages from our sponsors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom