• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I'm probably not going to get the game, but if I see footage, I'll listen to his Japanese voice in how close it sounds to Dio lmao.
You can hear a sample of his voice at 0:58 and 2:42.

Last edited:

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
So far everything I've seen of FE: Fates seems to literally be something positive about Nohr. Dunno why you'd even choose the other side at this point lol.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Kingdom Hearts 3 HYYYYPE!

Legend of Zelda Tri-force Heroes HYYYYPE!

The Great Ace Attorney HYYYPE!
Oh wait, that one wasn't at E3. Still hyped for it!

Soul.

So far everything I've seen of FE: Fates seems to literally be something positive about Nohr. Dunno why you'd even choose the other side at this point lol.
Play Nohr and beat it for the first time, waste your money on buying the Hoshido version to get the third side thing.
inb4 im wrong

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
so, I finsihed downloading dream team and apparently, there;s an update available already that fixes 2 softlocks.....

ALREADY? WHY IT HAPPENED?
Apparently, there are a few glitches in certain parts of the game that caused certain things to not work.
I never encountered them on my playthrough (Even before the updates), but I know some people here did.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Play Nohr and beat it for the first time, waste your money on buying the Hoshido version to get the third side thing.
inb4 im wrong
I know all about the third side thing but when did they announce the existence of Hoshido?!

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
I loved everything about Awakening. But what I enjoyed a lot was the personality it had. It may sound silly for me to focus so much on this, but I like it a lot. Like all the critcial quotes and how different and interesting they all were. And just during battle lines that they would say. Of course support conversations, and the marriage aspect.

The story was good, and the gameplay was great. I loved the strategy and combat a lot. But what really made me enjoy it so much was the characters, and all the personality they and the game had.

Hand...hungers...
It's not silly I mostly play Fire Emblem for the personality and characters too. ^-^ I think you'll like the other games but not as much as Awakening. Awakening is the only game so far to have in game battle quotes for instance (except for very special battles in the other games) and the only one with the Marrage system aside from the Japanese only Geneology of a Holy War(though some characters will marry in the epilogue if you max their social links), and characters have limited social links per play through in the other games. The games still do a good job of giving everyone a lot of character and getting you attached despite all that though, and the series has a pretty consistent personality and general "feel" throughout throughout. Radiant Dawn is really the weakest game in the series in that regard though.

You said you can play Wii games but not Gamecube...I assume that means you either have a Wii U or a late generation Wii. If you've got a Wii U, I'd recommend getting the GBA games on the virtual console. One is already out, the other comes out tomorrow as chance would have it, they're only about 8 dollars each, and they'll probably work for you better than Radiant Dawn. Not Radiant Dawn is terrible or anything though.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
That compression quality, only means one thing

WINDOWS XP MS PAINT

*Turn Down your volume*
I love this damn video so much
so, I finsihed downloading dream team and apparently, there;s an update available already that fixes 2 softlocks.....

ALREADY? WHY IT HAPPENED?
*gasp* You are actually gonna play Dream team?

Last edited:
T

Trick or Treat

It's not silly I mostly play Fire Emblem for the personality and characters too. ^-^ I think you'll like the other games but not as much as Awakening. Awakening is the only game so far to have in game battle quotes for instance (except for very special battles in the other games) and the only one with the Marrage system aside from the Japanese only Geneology of a Holy War(though some characters will marry in the epilogue if you max their social links), and characters have limited social links per play through in the other games. The games still do a good job of giving everyone a lot of character and getting you attached despite all that though, and the series has a pretty consistent personality and general "feel" throughout throughout. Radiant Dawn is really the weakest game in the series in that regard though.

You said you can play Wii games but not Gamecube...I assume that means you either have a Wii U or a late generation Wii. If you've got a Wii U, I'd recommend getting the GBA games on the virtual console. One is already out, the other comes out tomorrow as chance would have it, they're only about 8 dollars each, and they'll probably work for you better than Radiant Dawn. Not Radiant Dawn is terrible or anything though.
Yeah, I only have a Wii U, not the Wii. So I will definitely check out the GBA games, at least to hold me over until Fates.

But ah, gotcha. As long as the games do a good job with the personality and overall feel, I think I will highly enjoy it. The in battle quotes were great, but I won't think any less of the earlier games for not having them. It is just on more thibg that I really enjoyed.

I felt so attached to practically all of the characters in Awakening. So I hope the other games have that same feel as well.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Apparently, there are a few glitches in certain parts of the game that caused certain things to not work.
I never encountered them on my playthrough (Even before the updates), but I know some people here did.
it;s not jsut "not work" it's soflocks, basically, the game won;t crash and your system won;t explode and do paper jam errors (sorry, I love this tittle too much forgive me).

But your game will actually run perfectly fine, it might not even seem to have glitched, but the reality is something made the game bot possible to progress. A good example is actually the glitch I found in TTYD :) If you do the bookcase jump with the woodem hammer and pass the non existing vent, you cannot break the vent from the air duct leaving you stuck, but the game will run fine, the GC won't blue screen, it will just not be playable because it locked on the software level hence the name soflocks.

So, it's not jsut your typical graphical bug, it;s major.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
If my subscription to Brutal Mercenary Magazine has taught me anything, it's that we go where the money is.

Kill the enemy, whoever it may be! Huh, huh!
56e.gif

And what if I don't want to go where there's money ?

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Petition to cancel a petition to cancel a game? Now the game needs to be actually cancelled for the first petition to be cancelled thereby it going full circle.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Well, I gotta go. I need some sleep. Tomorrow, I'll continue my storyboards.
I'll leave you all with this byotiful image of Obama.

Good night people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom