• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Thank you. I better get it in one piece, or I'm going to court.
Yoooo dont blame me if your missing the Thunder. Fedex probably lost the Thunder at the last stop
Hopefully Nintendo doesn't think our hate for the new games means we don't want a new Metroid. :facepalm:
Sadly thats probably how they are going to take it

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
No, but there's a petition about it? Man just imagine them petitioning Mario is Missing back then because it doesn't star Mario, but Green Mario. :troll:

Was he playing as :4littlemac:and or a high tier character and lost?
I actually got "Insulted" for the first time on FG yesterday, but it was legitimately funny.
The guy came off as one of those people who insults someone else, then just gets OWNED on the highest degree.
Then, he tried to save face, but at that point it was kind of pathetic.
It was absolutely hilarious.

D

Deleted member

Chrome is a resource hog.
IE is getting deprecated.
Fire:4fox: isn't bad but not much I can say about it.
Never used Opera.
Safari isn't available on Windows so I can't test it.

Mr Snakey

Odango bazooka!
NNID
perlacambara1996
I actually got "Insulted" for the first time on FG yesterday, but it was legitimately funny.
The guy came off as one of those people who insults someone else, then just gets OWNED on the highest degree.
ahh yes, humiliating for glory peeps is fun fun!

T

Trick or Treat

Yoooo dont blame me if your missing the Thunder. Fedex probably lost the Thunder at the last stop

Sadly that probably how they are going to take it
Then will you be my witness as we sue Fedex?

Most of Metroid: FF's hate from E3 is coming from the fact that we didn't have a new Metroid game in 5 years. This is a very bad time to release a spin-off title.

I'm sure if this game was revealed along with a new Wii U Metroid game, there wouldn't have been as much hate, if any. Since it really does look like a fun little Nick nack.

Hopefully Nintendo doesn't think our hate for the new games means we don't want a new Metroid. :facepalm:
Kind of like how both Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy 7 were both shown off after a sillier spin off of each series.

To be fair, KH3 was already known, but still.

"Here is World of Final Fantasy...okay and now here is FF7 remake :D"

T

Trick or Treat

No but really I hope we get an intense storm to ight or tomorrow. Although I'm supposedto have a beat friend date so I don't want that getting canceled.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Kind of like how both Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy 7 were both shown off after a sillier spin off of each series.

To be fair, KH3 was already known, but still.

"Here is World of Final Fantasy...okay and now here is FF7 remake :D"
Thing is, all Kingdom Hearts spin-offs play like the main games, have the same characters and are placed in the official canon. And FF7 is an already existing game various years old.

It's pretty much the same reason why Bad Boxart Mega Man received so much hate at the time he was announced in SFXTekken: a good intentioned joke for the fans to laugh but announced at a bad time.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
When I see a spin off for a series that hasn't had a big game in a while my initial interpretation is "We know you guys want more of this series but we just aren't in a position to make a big title for that series right now so here's a little something to tide you over while we work on that." Sometimes it'll even be something to test out certain mechanics or to serve as a big foreshadowing/advertisement for the next big game like Dream Drop Distance.

Not "we hate this franchise and it's fans and we spent months probably over a year working on this game just to give them the middle finger because the only thing we hate more than having a satisfied player base is making a profit", which seems to be the interpretation a lot of people are getting.

T

Trick or Treat

Thing is, all Kingdom Hearts spin-offs play like the main games, have the same characters and are placed in the official canon. And FF7 is an already existing game various years old.

It's pretty much the same reason why Bad Boxart Mega Man received so much hate at the time he was announced in SFXTekken: a good intentioned joke for the fans to laugh but announced at a bad time.
Those are all good points. But my whole point is that if the Federation game was announced, then right after that they revealed Prime 4 or something else, it wouldn't be getting such a bad reception.

Like you said, just bad timing. Which seems to be a recurring theme these past weeks for Nintendo.

Last edited by a moderator:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Yeah it wasn't, people just like to overreact
I suppose not too many of the games interest me immediately or are a must buy, but there are some I'll be watching, like Yo Kai Watch and Paper Jam. Half Paper Mario is better than none, and as was said, it shows Nintendo cares about the series.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I think that I will end up getting Super Mario Maker. I wasn't sold on it, but now I am. Even so me and my girlfriend can take it in turns designing courses for each other.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
...I think I'm going to ignore 90% of Nintendo E3 coverage after the monstrosity of the Metroid Prime Federation Fiasco. I'm puzzled by its existence but some of the reactions to the damn game treat it as if Nintendo started a Nazi Party.

At least I have Inside Out to look forward to by the end of this week. :bluejump:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
If the MP:FF gameplay is solid - especially as a single player game - then no one will care. You hardly see Samus in Metroid games anyway, only her arm cannon. This could be an awesome way to open up the Metroid universe, seeing as Samus' story is set in such a tight timeline.

I've always been interested in the Federation. Let's see if they can add any depth to these worlds.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
Yeah, what about Federation Farce.

Anyway, I'm gonna go to bed. Got class tomorrow and all that.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I suppose not too many of the games interest me immediately or are a must buy, but there are some I'll be watching, like Yo Kai Watch and Paper Jam. Half Paper Mario is better than none, and as was said, it shows Nintendo cares about the series.
this basically, even if I might not buy it, it;s freaking hype to how much loves the series is getting (and ssb4 support).

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Most of Metroid: FF's hate from E3 is coming from the fact that we didn't have a new Metroid game in 5 years. This is a very bad time to release a spin-off title.

I'm sure if this game was revealed along with a new Wii U Metroid game, there wouldn't have been as much hate, if any. Since it really does look like a fun little Nick nack.

Meh, that's the problem with many large fanbases or something. There's no pleasing everyone. At least they're doing better than Kid Icarus due to the popularity jump where Metroid had priority over KI back in 1986. I'm still hoping both franchises get more stuff next year, for the sake of their 30th anniversary.

I'm blushing at the avy of yours btw. :4pit:
And that name seems familiar to some kinda reference.

Ah, classic FG. I am kinda guilty of playing it a bit once again a couple days ago to hunt down some Roys and Ryus. Came across a Falco and decent Link during my travels, A few Roys and Ryus here and there, and 3 Lucas, none were really good at all, though, and won each match. I'm probably gonna find friends to help me have experience against the newcomers though. The double R characters somehow set me off, and I rather save my 100+ win streak than lose to a noob. Almost lost to that Link I mentioned.
All in all, still disappointed in FG, but nothing amusing that I could remember.

As for the e3 thing, I was pointed out on tumblr some hours ago that many of us forget that we have Nintendo Directs throughout the year that also help give us info on games and stuff. When you consider that, it's not as bad as some people make it seem. I'm just gonna leave it at that since I'm actually calm now.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
...I think I'm going to ignore 90% of Nintendo E3 coverage after the monstrosity of the Metroid Prime Federation Fiasco. I'm puzzled by its existence but some of the reactions to the damn game treat it as if Nintendo started a Tedi Party.
Tedi you say?
berriplz.png

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
this basically, even if I might not buy it, it;s freaking hype to how much loves the series is getting (and ssb4 support).
Sometimes I don't understand you... You are the weirdest fanboy ever. Remember when you had never played Super Paper Mario either based solely on assumptions?

This game will get so much PM love it'll be ridiculous. Not to mention the potential cameos, OR seeing TTYD characters in traditional Mario art styles.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Meh, that's the problem with many large fanbases or something. There's no pleasing everyone. At least they're doing better than Kid Icarus due to the popularity jump where Metroid had priority over KI back in 1986. I'm still hoping both franchises get more stuff next year, for the sake of their 30th anniversary.

I'm blushing at the avy of yours btw. :4pit:
And that name seems familiar to some kinda reference.

Ah, classic FG. I am kinda guilty of playing it a bit once again a couple days ago to hunt down some Roys and Ryus. Came across a Falco and decent Link during my travels, A few Roys and Ryus here and there, and 3 Lucas, none were really good at all, though, and won each match. I'm probably gonna find friends to help me have experience against the newcomers though. The double R characters somehow set me off, and I rather save my 100+ win streak than lose to a noob. Almost lost to that Link I mentioned.
All in all, still disappointed in FG, but nothing amusing that I could remember.

As for the e3 thing, I was pointed out on tumblr some hours ago that many of us forget that we have Nintendo Directs throughout the year that also help give us info on games and stuff. When you consider that, it's not as bad as some people make it seem. I'm just gonna leave it at that since I'm actually calm now.
well, one thing:

yes, it;s underwhelming.

but I won;t go as far to say it;s an atroicty or abomination like other people would do. Sure, metroid is.....meh and the AC stuff sound uneeded, but still not abomination.

i mean, even Iwata knows now, I know its just words, but at least he addressed the issue early.

Soul.

No, but there's a petition about it? Man just imagine them petitioning Mario is Missing back then because it doesn't star Mario, but Green Mario. :troll:

Was he playing as :4littlemac:and or a high tier character and lost?
Yes, there is a petition. A bad one.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
Sometimes I don't understand you... You are the weirdest fanboy ever. Remember when you had never played Super Paper Mario either based solely on assumptions?

This game will get so much PM love it'll be ridiculous. Not to mention the potential cameos, OR seeing TTYD characters in traditional Mario art styles.
Put me on weird fanboy list.
I loved Conker even before I played the games.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

I already answered this, I DO NOT KNOW WHY i have to say this again but here it goes:

I suck at mario 2d platformer, I know that even if the design was very good, I disliked smw because I just suck at it and I coudln;t get the full game.

I was ONLY ONCE TOLD AFTER MONTHS that the platforming part felt nto like mario. No one told me this opinion what can you possibly expect from me?

and btw, I am twice as much weird becasue i did the same on SS, except thta I only used facts and acknowledged it. Same for spm, I said "it seems" not "it is". The wording is not the same. Like I don't get why I have to tell again that I still today regretted this.

I remember, I told it to you directly.

but yeah, paper jam has a lot of loves already, if you read my post ont he thread (I saw you viewing it :) ), you know what I mean, it;s in the detials. I already stated this multiple time why?

T

Trick or Treat

Remember when The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker was once also called an abomination?

Pepperidge Farms remembers.
I wasn't really old enough to witness the backlash, but I've heard that many people were disgusted by it's cartoony style when it was first shown off. Was the backlash really that bad back then?

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Remember when The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker was once also called an abomination?

Pepperidge Farms remembers.
Metroid Prime itself was viewed negatively at first due to it being a shooter instead of platformer after a 8 years hiatus.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Honestly, I'm not angry at the petition but more depressed.
This is the fanbase I'm with. These are the people I'm supposed to talk with and support when the tough times come.
It's crap like this that makes me jaded and bitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom