• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I really wanted his F-Smash and Down Special (if it is the Dragon Punch, looks like it) swapped.
I'm pretty sure his F-Smash resembles this in my mind.

This is the diarrhea joke foot Joudan Sokutogeri. It would act like Glancing Counter custom for :4lucario:.
Then all of :4ryu:'s smash attacks would have that black outline/swoosh animation for charging it.

D

Deleted member

How do you guys get your pad destroyed?
Mine's still good.

Also you have to do what? :4ryu:
Dragon Punch motion A.K.A forward, down, down-forward on the control stick. In case you haven't heard you can to traditional fighting game motions with Ryu such as quarter-circle forward to get stronger versions of his specials. In this case, doing a Dragon Punch motion then pressing B will give you a stronger Shoryuken with super armor, in comparison to the Shoryuken you would get just by doing upB.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Nenra: oh hello fancy meeting you here
Nenra: i forgot what i was gonna draw though
Nenra: 0-0

Bedoop Bro: Fan-C meeting YEUW hear, MUHNYAAAADOH BOIIY
Nenra: MMMMMMUUHHNYAWWWWWWDDDDOHHHYHHUGHGGUHFDGD BOI
Bedoop Bro: 'EY
Bedoop Bro: MUHNYAAAAADOH BOI
Bedoop Bro: I HOPE YOU DON'T PLAN ON HURTING LITTLE OL' ME WITH THAT TTHHHHHHHHING

Nenra: *shulk looks over with ht emost unimpressed face* THIS ISNT A GOOD TIME METAL FIF
Nenra: *me looks over with the most O-O faaahaaaaahaace*
Nenra: UCALL
Nenra: *shulk looks over with most unimpressed face* NOT A GOOD TIME NOT METAL FIF
Nenra: *the fifs sigh and leave*

More intelligent conversations with me and my Sister.
I think you can decipher who's who in this situation.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Just to point out

Im getting all dlc characters no matter what

I have both versions so 3,99 prices (by other dlcs i have seen on psn thats reasonable for me.)

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Nenra: oh hello fancy meeting you here
Nenra: i forgot what i was gonna draw though
Nenra: 0-0

Bedoop Bro: Fan-C meeting YEUW hear, MUHNYAAAADOH BOIIY
Nenra: MMMMMMUUHHNYAWWWWWWDDDDOHHHYHHUGHGGUHFDGD BOI
Bedoop Bro: 'EY
Bedoop Bro: MUHNYAAAAADOH BOI
Bedoop Bro: I HOPE YOU DON'T PLAN ON HURTING LITTLE OL' ME WITH THAT TTHHHHHHHHING

Nenra: *shulk looks over with ht emost unimpressed face* THIS ISNT A GOOD TIME METAL FIF
Nenra: *me looks over with the most O-O faaahaaaaahaace*
Nenra: UCALL
Nenra: *shulk looks over with most unimpressed face* NOT A GOOD TIME NOT METAL FIF
Nenra: *the fifs sigh and leave*

More intelligent conversations with me and my Sister.
I think you can decipher who's who in this situation.
:4shulk:
I'M
REALLY
FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELING
IT

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Just to point out

Im getting all dlc characters no matter what

I have both versions so 3,99 prices (by other dlcs i have seen on psn thats reasonable for me.)
I'm buying them all too.

At least when I (finally) decide to host a Wii U local tournament in the fall, I will have every character readily available.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
Someone in the Roy social said he was straight, but if Roy aked to marry him, he would say yes.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Yeah but now they're going to get destroyed even easier because doing Dragon Punch and quarter-circle motions probably isn't the easiest thing ever on the 3DS.
Wait, you actually have to do the motions? I thought it would be like all the other smashers.

D

Deleted member

Wait, you actually have to do the motions? I thought it would be like all the other smashers.
You can still do the standard inputs eg. upB for Shoryuken, neutral B for Hadouken, and sideB for Tatsumaki, but doing something like quarter-circle forward then B will give you a more powerful Hadouken than just doing one with neutral B. Only exception is his downB which is Focus Attack, but he can cancel it by dashing.
In other words, you can FADC in Smash.
Good god what is happening.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
You can still do the standard inputs eg. UpB for Shoryuken, neutral B for Hadouken, etc., but doing something like quarter-circle forward then B will give you a more powerful Hadouken than just doing one with neutral B.
introducing the new button mashing...
STICK MASHING.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
You can still do the standard motions eg. UpB for Shoryuken, neutral B for Hadouken, etc., but doing something like quarter-circle forward then B will give you a more powerful Hadouken than just doing one with neutral B.
That is the greatest thing I've heard (read)! It would be even better for me if it was Ibuki confirmed instead of Ryu, but whatevs. Though, I am used to using the R/L buttons for Hadokens on the 3DS/Xbox (I don't use arcade stick), but it should still be pretty easy.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I put like 3 alarm clocks to wake up early tomorrow for the Smash Direct lol

D

Deleted member

That is the greatest thing I've heard (read)! It would be even better for me if it was Ibuki confirmed instead of Ryu, but whatevs. Though, I am used to using the R/L buttons for Hadokens on the 3DS/Xbox (I don't use arcade stick), but it should still be pretty easy.
Also, from what I've heard you can get stronger versions of his tilt attacks by holding down A instead of tapping it, and you can cancel the weaker versions of his tilts into the stronger versions if the hit connects. In the case of his down tilts, you can even cancel them into specials.
In essence, Ryu is kind of like what happens when you throw a traditional fighting game character into Smash.
And it's ****ing awesome.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well im still going to watch it + the digital just in case they ahow aomething in that too.

But i will not be able to see the live version

So do me a favor someone PM the link for both directs when they show up

I would ask the link here but i might see spoilers of whats in it.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So does anyone know when :4lucas::4feroy::4ryu: drop? Hopefully in 2 hours.
They just cancel them all because they were leaked. :4pacman:I just want to see the first guy's face who was working for Nintendo when he realized the hype train was going unscheduled.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Also, from what I've heard you can get stronger versions of his tilt attacks by holding down A instead of tapping it, and you can cancel the weaker versions of his tilts into the stronger versions if the hit connects. In the case of his down tilts, you can even cancel them into specials.
In essence, Ryu is kind of like what happens when you throw a traditional fighting game character into Smash.
And it's ****ing awesome.
Wow, it would be so fun to play him how he plays in the actual Street Fighter games! The only thing missing is him turning around automatically when you go behind him. :laugh: This game gave me Sonic and Pokemon, then Lucas, and now Ryu! I couldn't ask Sakurai for more!

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I don't understand why Ryu and Roy being revealed is any reason
not to watch the Smash thing tomorrow.
There's still things to see. And I need to see some splash screens.
The DLC Squad has struck back, came out of nowhere, ______________, and ____________.

I need to know.
Also, I'm gonna Have a DLC Squad vs Prime 4 battle once I have them all.
:4feroy::4ryu::4mewtwo::4lucas:vs:4mario::4link::4kirby::4pikachu:
(Yes, I call them the DLC Squad)

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
It bugs me that :4feroy: is "4feroy" instead of :4feroy:

EDIT: LOL "4ourboy" WORKS TOO :079:

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

So the Roy Smash stained glass is here, in case it wasn't posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom