• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So is her Final Smash a Super Dragon clone?

View attachment 56455
Nope. It always has been planned to be her (failed) attack on Walpurgisnacht from episode 11, but shortened. Technical restrictions may force me to do something else though. She does have a palette swap slightly inspired by Akuma Homura though. It makes her headband red, eyes purple, and outfit black.

Last edited by a moderator:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
But Kong Cyclone is really THAT broken? I know the move don't get me wrong, i even fight someone who use it and i can see that this move is annoying if you don't know what to do. But like every move, there is something to counter this move. If the move was really broken then this move would be unppunishable, which it's not the case imo.
Lmao
We're talking about customs
There is NOT something to counter everything
Grab Release to Crescent Slash is guaranteed and will kill
Kong Cyclone can be spammed relentlessly, never said it was unpunishable, it's just extremely hard to punish
Don't get me started on Trip Sapling x Explosive Balloons
People that defend certain customs have either never played someone who utilizes them CORRECTLY, use those customs or are good enough to not be fazed by them.
Idrc though, because Kirby's jumping inhale/meteor stone counters Kong Cyclone and that Stalliger tactic

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So I get next week off because I don't have to take any exams, and then Roy happens? Oh yeah.

BOKU WA MAKENAI!

In the end I probably won't even use him that much, but it's kind of cool that he's in. And he still has the gold color
Oh hey. How've you been? :4pacman:

:231:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I still heard about an Anti-Ryu and Anti-Roy Thread somewhere.
If it exists, I will laugh. :4villagerf:

Dark PIt x Homura new OTP. Now if you excuse I'll go write fanfiction of them.
Better yet, make your own kiss drawing in MS paint using the spray can and upload it to DeviantArt :4jigglypuff:

D

Deleted member

Dark PIt x Homura new OTP. Now if you excuse I'll go write fanfiction of them.
At least she's not being paired with Madoka

Oh hey. How've you been? :4pacman:

Pretty good actually. I've been able to keep my grades up, and I got exempt from all my exams this year, so I'll be able to watch E3 live for once. I'm still kind of worried about college and crud, but eh, it'll come when it comes.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I still heard about an Anti-Ryu and Anti-Roy Thread somewhere.
If it exists, I will laugh. :4villagerf:
Just look at any thread not named Roy and Ryu. You'll get what you're looking for.

Don't you dare troll them though. I'll be watching. :evil:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Lmao
We're talking about customs
There is NOT something to counter everything
Grab Release to Crescent Slash is guaranteed and will kill
Kong Cyclone can be spammed relentlessly, never said it was unpunishable, it's just extremely hard to punish
Don't get me started on Trip Sapling x Explosive Balloons
People that defend certain customs have either never played someone who utilizes them CORRECTLY, use those customs or are good enough to not be fazed by them.
Idrc though, because Kirby's jumping inhale/meteor stone counters Kong Cyclone and that Stalliger tactic
Woah don't get that like that. It's only my opinion for what i know. Of course i'm not a huge Pro Player that go in tournament and test everything if i can do a Hoo-Haa with being blinded and having only one hand for using my controler. (Not serious of course) But that's what i see of this move. And imo, Marth need a grab combo kill since he as not combo with is grab and Ganondorf is one of the few character that almost NEED custom move to be viable, with Samus and Palutena. Or they never goig to go more higher with there current moveset. Wait a second....... I am actually talking about competitive Smash?
NOPE I'M NOT GOING INTO SALT! ABANDON THE THREAD!!!!!:bomb::drflip:

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Looking at Ryu's specials moves, the moves are exact same from Super Smash Bros. Crusade (except that in Crusade he had a 2nd Final Smash as well).

Not surprised really.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
As someone who didn't want Roy at all due to being the biggest Chrom supporter on the boards, here's what I think...

"Why does it ****ing matter?" WHY does it matter why a person wants what they want? Trying to make people seem "wrong" or stupid for liking something just makes you seem like a ****.
Did I once say that Roy's fans were stupid? Did I ever insult them? All I said was that Roy's popularity is solely because of SSB, and his moveset is redundant. Is any of what I said wrong in any way? Falkoopa is agreeing with me on the moveset thing, even.

On the flipside, is it bad of me to of expected more of the DLC beyond cut characters and Ryu? Is it bad of me to wish they put their time into something I think is more worthwhile? Or better yet, how isn't another character as good of a choice as Roy? How is Roy better then, oh say, Dixie Kong?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Just look at any thread not named Roy and Ryu. You'll get what you're looking for.

Don't you dare troll them though. I'll be watching. :evil:

But you know I will.
Can't stop won't stop.
I am a one-swaglord trolling machine.

:219:

D

Deleted member

Looking at Ryu's specials moves, the moves are exact same from Super Smash Bros. Crusade (except that in Crusade he had a 2nd Final Smash as well).

Not surprised really.
Not really. Hadouken appears to be chargeable, which is something he couldn't do in Crusade. Also in Crusade, all of his specials had Smash variants that were the EX versions of Hadouken, Tatsumaki, and Shoryuken. It's pretty close though. Mainly because Ryu's moveset writes itself.

Also Crusade Ryu totally had Ken as a palette swap.

How is Roy better then, oh say, Dixie Kong?
r0y h4z t3h ph1r3!

Last edited by a moderator:

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Hitting Ryu's Shin Shoryuken as final Smash will be so satisfying.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, today has been tiring. I've been online for nearly 10 hours, I think, only getting up to eat and drink. I'll rest my eyes.

See you plebs tomorrow. :yoshimelee:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Not really. Hadouken appears to be chargeable, which is something he couldn't do in Crusade. Also, all of his specials had Smash variants that were the EX versions of Hadouken, Tatsumaki, and Shoryuken. It's pretty close though. Mainly because Ryu's moveset writes itself.

r0y h4z t3h ph1r3!
I haven't watch any of the Smash 4 videos and I never meant to say he's a carbon copy from Crusade. I meant to say they both have the same button input locations off the moves..

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well, today has been tiring. I've been online for nearly 10 hours, I think, only getting up to eat and drink. I'll rest my eyes.

See you plebs tomorrow. :yoshimelee:

See you tomorrow too!:4pacman:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Woah don't get that like that. It's only my opinion for what i know. Of course i'm not a huge Pro Player that go in tournament and test everything if i can do a Hoo-Haa with being blinded and having only one hand for using my controler. (Not serious of course) But that's what i see of this move. And imo, Marth need a grab combo kill since he as not combo with is grab and Ganondorf is one of the few character that almost NEED custom move to be viable, with Samus and Palutena. Or they never goig to go more higher with there current moveset. Wait a second....... I am actually talking about compitetive Smash?
NOPE I'M NOT GOING INTO SALT! ABANDON THE THREAD!!!!!:bomb::drflip:
bruh wat
Didn't sound like an opinion from the way you stated it
Even so, you don't need to be a "huge pro player" to see how certain moves are broken. Marcina doesn't even need that. Jank easy bake stuff doesn't fix the character's flaws. Customs only make a couple of characters viable, and even so, it's not worth it since theyre not too blanced. Kirby becomes waay better with customs but, I'd still rather not deal with the baggage that comes with turning on customs and being able to use Upper Cutter.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Did I once say that Roy's fans were stupid? Did I ever insult them? All I said was that Roy's popularity is solely because of SSB, and his moveset is redundant. Is any of what I said wrong in any way? Falkoopa is agreeing with me on the moveset thing, even.

On the flipside, is it bad of me to of expected more of the DLC beyond cut characters and Ryu? Is it bad of me to wish they put their time into something I think is more worthwhile? Or better yet, how isn't another character as good of a choice as Roy? How is Roy better then, oh say, Dixie Kong?
It's the tone. By saying, "People only like/want Roy because of Melee" in the tone of post you're giving, it's as if you're undermining their preferences. It's implying that it's somewhat of a "lesser" reason to want a character. It's not.

It isn't bad. But raining on people's parades isn't exactly the most pleasant thing to do. Once again I want to reiterate that I didn't want Roy (though I'll still get him for completion's sake). It's the sort of tone you take with your opinions that matter more so than what your actual opinions are.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
bruh wat
Didn't sound like an opinion from the way you stated it
Even so, you don't need to be a "huge pro player" to see how certain moves are broken. Marcina doesn't even need that. Jank easy bake stuff doesn't fix the character's flaws. Customs only make a couple of characters viable, and even so, it's not worth it since theyre not too blanced. Kirby becomes waay better with customs but, I'd still rather not deal with the baggage that comes with turning on customs and being able to use Upper Cutter.
Well...... i don't know at this point. Really, i don't like talking about competitive Smash because i don't know how to say my opinion without sound like a jerk or something like that. Competitive Smash is not for me and that's why i try to talk the little i can. So Sorry for being rude if your thinking about that. And for custom move.... Well **** it! I don't know.:substitute:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom