• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Why does Capcom hate :4megaman:?
At least Nintendo cares to put him in their games.
I don't know. Maybe the last couple of Mega Man games didn't sell well and therefore Capcom thought he wasn't popular enough anymore so they canned him?

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I want legitimately good characters that didn't get in just because of who they are. If instead we got kid Marth with Roy's moveset you can bet people wouldn't be happy, but if instead of Robin's moveset ended up on Soren or something then everybody besides the Robin fans wouldn't bat an eye. The Smash fanbase is fickle like that...

This isn't Melee though... Wanting Roy back is like wanting Adult OoT Link back in my book.
Silly Diarmuid, we never saw Marth as a kid in any game :4pacman:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So Can I say Layton fits into that also?
I mean, all of his games are amazing on the DS-3DS
I'd say Layton fits it too, yes.

The major difference between Layton and Ryu is the legacy, I guess. Ryu's one of those characters that's just been around since the dawn of time, haha.

I'd definitely say Layton's a Nintendo All-Star, yes. It's just that Ryu's that, plus a gaming all-star in general. :p Does that make sense? I hope it did.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I want legitimately good characters that didn't get in just because of who they are. If instead we got kid Marth with Roy's moveset you can bet people wouldn't be happy, but if instead of Robin's moveset ended up on Soren or something then everybody besides the Robin fans wouldn't bat an eye. The Smash fanbase is fickle like that...
I'm pretty sure people won't be happy about that either. Soren isn't a major character and doesn't deserve to be in Smash, that's something even most Soren fans will agree to.
Roy was at least a lord in a game and had a notable fanbase.

To each their own, I suppose. I wanted him back, clone or not, and my wish has been fulfilled.

:231:

Last edited:

Soul.

Roy seems to have the same playstyle as Melee. Hey, it makes him different in a way. He has the same animations from Melee, so probably the same way of playing. Marth changed playstyles from agressive to defensive, so having Roy as an offensive swords man that needs to get close to get damage is pretty nice.

But kids mostly remembered him for his cool flames anyway. :roypm:
In a game where shields are strong as ****, Roy's sword proving its worth in the middle is just asking to get punished.
At least he's back.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

The major difference between Layton and Ryu is the legacy, I guess. Ryu's one of those characters that's just been around since the dawn of time, haha.

I'd definitely say Layton's a Nintendo All-Star, yes. It's just that Ryu's that, plus a gaming all-star in general. :p Does that make sense? I hope it did.
hm, I find Layton to be a gaming all-star also but thats just me

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
What is it with people treating Little Macs differently
People that start off as good, respectful players turn into complete defensive spamming idiots that taunt every time they kill you for the sake of just being an asshole.

Marty.

Smash Cadet
NNID
Z4157M

If the difference between Ryu and Layton is a "legacy" wouldn't that give a Snake a chance to return?
Or even Crash Bandicoot for that matter

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well aren't you just a lover for pure-bred DLC? I would get them if I think I can do well with them.
Hell, I would probably get Hulk Hogan DLC if they made one.

HULKSTERRRRRRRRRRRRRR
I remember when Nintendo had that big Pokemon 10th Anniversary celebration in Bryant Park, NYC. The little ten-year-old me went. They had Hulk Hogan as a special guest.

That was the most surreal part.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Ryu is hella iconic
Shhhh detractors he fits better than Brawl Snake
Anyways, Splatoon is gonna take a backseat if Ryu is available tomorrow
My preorder has been sitting there forever

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Everyone shh and look at Sakurai doing a jojo pose

Alright carry on with your petty arguing
Ryu is hella iconic
And you still haven't gotten the MK8 DLC pff
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ eh

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If the difference between Ryu and Layton is a "legacy" wouldn't that give a Snake a chance to return?
Or even Crash Bandicoot for that matter
I'd kill for Snake to come back. Now THAT was a character with a legacy.

And a great moveset.

I place the blame entirely on what happened with Konami, as it was probably going on behind the scenes longer than we knew. I just don't want to believe they didn't TRY to get Snake back...

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
So Can I say Layton fits into that also?
I mean, all of his games are amazing on the DS-3DS
Aren't some of his games on mobile devices too? Though yeah, the vast majority is on Nintendo's side, so he's one of the few 3rd party characters I never got problem with if he gets to appear.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Soon @obo
Lmao can everyone kindly stfu and enjoy the extra content that the Smash devs worked tirelessly on
Like come on, why ***** and moan needlessly

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Silly Diarmuid, we never saw Marth as a kid in any game :4pacman:
Shadow Dragon's prologue and one of his einherjar.

I'm pretty sure people won't be happy about that either. Soren isn't a major character and doesn't deserve to be in Smash, that's something even most Soren fans will agree to.
Roy was at least a lord in a game and had a notable fanbase.

To each their own, I suppose. I wanted him back, clone or not, and my wish has been fulfilled.

Soren is just an example.

And Roy's fanbase is notorious, not notable. He's a bad character in Melee and widely agreed to be the worst lord in Fire Emblem history for both stats and personality. People wouldn't of ever wanted him in Smash if he hadn't gotten in.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Aren't some of his games on mobile devices too? Though yeah, the vast majority is on Nintendo's side, so he's one of the few 3rd party characters I never got problem with if he gets to appear.
I think he has 2?
Layton Brothers: Mystery Room and that Layton 7 game for iOS/Android
Lmao can everyone kindly stfu and enjoy the extra content that the Smash devs worked tirelessly on
Like come on, why ***** and moan needlessly

Yeah, kindly STFU, you all are giving me a headace

Last edited:

Soul.

Screw Roy, Ryu, Snake and all those silly characters. I want my Ice Climbers back!!!!
- Speculation.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
People wouldn't of ever wanted him in Smash if he hadn't gotten in.
As someone who didn't want Roy at all due to being the biggest Chrom supporter on the boards, here's what I think...

"Why does it ****ing matter?" WHY does it matter why a person wants what they want? Trying to make people seem "wrong" or stupid for liking something just makes you seem like a ****.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
And Roy's fanbase is notorious, not notable. He's a bad character in Melee and widely agreed to be the worst lord in Fire Emblem history for both stats and personality. People wouldn't of ever wanted him in Smash if he hadn't gotten in.
I won't argue with that, actually. :p It's still a reason though,.:4pacman:

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I remember when Nintendo had that big Pokemon 10th Anniversary celebration in Bryant Park, NYC. The little ten-year-old me went. They had Hulk Hogan as a special guest.

That was the most surreal part.
GOTTA CATCH EM ALL FOR AMERICA

BROTHERRRRRRRRRRR

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I bet people will be disappointed if we indeed get everything we saw today tomorrow, but we don't get anything else. Leaks always make people spoiled.
****, people are always going to be entitled
That's my major gripe with this community
A bunch of whiny idiots that want this and want that, and forcefeed you their opinion as fact
"We need this"
Like goddamn just enjoy the game or play something else

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
"Go back on this thread after lunch, what i see: Anti-Roy and Ryu discussion"
Guys, really? The leak was since about time, you should know about that already. Complain now isn't going to change anything now. Especially after all this hype. It's like somebody dancing and get hit by a car, it's ruin the ambiance.
-Mao644 2015-2015

Last edited:

Soul.

Leaks are the best thing ever.
Why?
Because it gets rid of speculation; guessing games are rendered useless once a leak is confirmed true.

D

Deleted member

Ryu is hella iconic
Seriously.
Ryu is the fighting game character. Plus, fighting games in general probably wouldn't be flourishing like they are now or even exist at all if Street Fighter II never kickstarted the genre.
People may not like it, but he's front and center when it comes to a deserving 3rd party character.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Leaks are the best thing ever.
Why?
Because it gets rid of speculation; guessing games are rendered useless once a leak is confirmed true.
Now speculation starts again, until the next time Nintendo is too naive. :p

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I'm not saying Ninty made a perfect game but
Can we nitpick the things that matter
Like how Kong Cyclone is ridiculous and needs to be nerfed
Trufax

D

Deleted member

So I get next week off because I don't have to take any exams, and then Roy happens? Oh yeah.

BOKU WA MAKENAI!

In the end I probably won't even use him that much, but it's kind of cool that he's in. And he still has the gold color

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Snake needs to come back.
God dammit, why does that word exist?
Why does he need to come back?
My guess is for this sick amiibo here.

I want Snake too, but I don't think he needs to come back.
also that leopard print tho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom