• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Lmao @people calling Ryu "Little Mac 2.0"
They must've never played Street Fighter
If Sora, Impa or Bayonetta were a lock I would be soooo happy
I'm hyped for Ryu and the new stages, not for Roy, was never a fan of Roy, but I'm happy for the people who liked him. And still I'm gonna buy Roy as well.
this by a million
I'm happy for every supporter that got what they wanted, still not a fan of Roy though, but it's better than nothing.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Hold the phone
We already have a : 4roy : with :4roy:
What will teh PH1R3's thing be? :4ryu:

YesIknowRyu'ssmilieisn'tinyet:4shulk:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
RYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

SO ****ING HYPED!

And Roy.

BUT RYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I saw the Roy/Ryu thing this morning, REALLY excited for Roy, but I'm not buying Ryu, EVER!!!!

Imma go back outside now.
What do you have with Ryu? He might be your perfect character, but you're just ******* on him. :4pacman:

Hold the phone
We already have a : 4roy : with :4roy:
What will teh PH1R3's thing be? :4ryu:

YesIknowRyu'ssmilieisn'tinyet:4shulk:
: 4roy2 :, duh. :4pacman:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Updated the title with a silly pun I saw on Youtube.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Well, my 3DS eShop purchase of Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition last month when it was on sale for $8 now didn't go to waste (the 3DS data leak encourage me to buy said game).

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
What do you have with Ryu? He might be your perfect character, but you're just ******* on him. :4pacman:
It's simple. I'm not paying to have a second rep from a third party company to be playable in a Nintendo all-star game.
Oh jeez, what are the restrictions this time?
I'm reading about it, but it's a bunch of statistics and facts that don't make sense to me.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Yes, because all we got was (word-for-word) a bland fighter and and another ****ing Marth clone, apparently. :rolleyes:

:231:
I hope Ryu's not going to be generic, but Roy is pretty terrible no matter how you slice it. His gimmick was so unworkable they had to make a completely different Marth clone and give his gimmick to a character with a sword the size of a bus. I just find it stupid to want a character to return simply because they were in a previous game.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I hope Ryu's not going to be generic, but Roy is pretty terrible no matter how you slice it. His gimmick was so unworkable they had to make a completely different Marth clone and give his gimmick to a character with a sword the size of a bus. I just find it stupid to want a character to return simply because they were in a previous game.
That was enough reason for me though.

No reason to want a character is stupid. A want is a want, no matter what the reason. In an election, no one cares why you voted for a party. All that matters is that you voted for them.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
It's simple. I'm not paying to have a second rep from a third party company to be playable in a Nintendo all-star game.
Me niether!
Because I'm not allowed to!
I'd totally throw my money and get Ryu and everything else on Smash 3DS!
But I'm stuck here relying on codes because my Sister!
It's a hard-knock life :4pacman:

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Actually, Elizabeth: Roy alongside every clone of Melee were put in the last minute. None of them were planned at first, but due to demand Sakurai made them all clones to not delay the game. And that's how we got Captain FalconDorf.

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
We now have 2 Marth clones and 1 Marth.

Marty.

Smash Cadet
NNID
Z4157M
Lucina might actually help Roy get a new play style.
Roy could either be a clone with more unique attacks or a whole different character with some similarities

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
But Ryu IS a Nintendo All-Star. Hell, he's more of one than many that are on the roster already.

He's just a Nintendo All-Star that's not Nintendo-owned. Street Fighter has a HUGE history with Nintendo.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
But Ryu IS a Nintendo All-Star. Hell, he's more of one than many that are on the roster already.

He's just a Nintendo All-Star that's not Nintendo-owned. Street Fighter has a HUGE history with Nintendo.
Street Fighter is the bigger Capcom title in Europe too, if I remember correctly.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Roy seems to have the same playstyle as Melee. Hey, it makes him different in a way. He has the same animations from Melee, so probably the same way of playing. Marth changed playstyles from agressive to defensive, so having Roy as an offensive swords man that needs to get close to get damage is pretty nice.

But kids mostly remembered him for his cool flames anyway. :roypm:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
That was enough reason for me though.

No reason to want a character is stupid. A want is a want, no matter what the reason. In an election, no one cares why you voted for a party. All that matters is that you voted for them.

I want legitimately good characters that didn't get in just because of who they are. If instead we got kid Marth with Roy's moveset you can bet people wouldn't be happy, but if instead of Robin's moveset ended up on Soren or something then everybody besides the Robin fans wouldn't bat an eye. The Smash fanbase is fickle like that...

Actually, Elizabeth: Roy alongside every clone of Melee were put in the last minute. None of them were planned at first, but due to demand Sakurai made them all clones to not delay the game. And that's how we got Captain FalconDorf.
This isn't Melee though... Wanting Roy back is like wanting Adult OoT Link back in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom