• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Thread 5.0: ITT - ANYTHING CAN CHANGE! Including the page we end at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
actually, it;s because I felt posting it somewhere and I heard 4chan is very salty as of now :)
4chan isnt a safe place to do that, thats for sure

Thats the last place you want to instigate people at

4chan: Home of the people that said "do it, ******" to a person who later killed themselves

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Found a perfect image for Roy fan.

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
Yeah seriously I need my stock_90_ryu_00.png emote to spam all over the melee forums put on my signature :4wario2:

Now that I'm more awake, I realized my whole gripe with this DLC isn't Roy since a lot of people were asking for him and its the character that they love almost as much as the moveset. Its the fact that Ryu's stage has 10 tracks and at least 4 of them are reused songs. I don't mind the cps songs so much but where's Guile's theme? Chun Li? Dhalsim? M. Bison? Balrog? Like SF is CHALK FULL of the freshest tracks and they chose two and reused it. That being said the new remixes for Ryu and Ken's stages are *in the voice of the LoL announcer* GODLIKE

Even more of a problem they didn't include songs from 3rd strike/SFIV which have incredible soundtracks. I can understand not including 3 since I don't think it ever appeared on a Nintendo console but SFIV HAD A 3DS RELEASE. I know it was probably due to time constrains but we're having a serious Donkey Kong music issue here. I know I'm being whiny but if moddable music ever becomes a thing in Smash 4, I know Alex's theme along with Solar Eclipse are the first two things I'm adding to the game. #sakurwhy /musicnerdrantover

tl;dr guile's theme isn't in and it makes me whiny

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Oh... so that's the topic. I'm strongly disappointed, and actually annoyed by it. However, I better suck it up I guess... and use 2 outta 3 of our newcomers as new punching bags to show my hatred. (Lucas is safe)

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
It's the tone. By saying, "People only like/want Roy because of Melee" in the tone of post you're giving, it's as if you're undermining their preferences. It's implying that it's somewhat of a "lesser" reason to want a character. It's not.

It isn't bad. But raining on people's parades isn't exactly the most pleasant thing to do. Once again I want to reiterate that I didn't want Roy (though I'll still get him for completion's sake). It's the sort of tone you take with your opinions that matter more so than what your actual opinions are.
I'm sorry for being such a downer, but all I wanted to do is put my 2 cents in.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Oh... so that's the topic. I'm strongly disappointed, and actually annoyed by it. However, I better suck it up I guess... and use 2 outta 3 of our newcomers as new punching bags to show my hatred. (Lucas is safe)
You don't like ph3rie and Hadouken?! Nah seriously, nobody force you to paid them, just kick the ass of person of For Glory that use this character if you really hate them. Money save for day.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

How about ignoring them? That's what I would do.

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
Who did you expect to get in? Snake?

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
Remember when Sakurai said characters from other fighting games were probably not going to make it in because he wanted to focus on unique characters that wouldn't be seen in a regular fighting game? #shaqurwhy

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
Remember when Sakurai said characters from other fighting games were probably not going to make it in because he wanted to focus on unique characters that wouldn't be seen in a regular fighting game? #shaqurwhy

And then he proceeded to put in a million characters who's games are all about fighting but they're not technically a "fighting game" because they aren't matches between two or more people.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Seriously Xcano your now following me? I don't know what to say about that.

help me guys plz

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

You're welcome
Oh dear...
Looks like...agape...

But Ryu is a fighting game character in a fighting game filled with characters who aren't from fighting games.
That makes him unique and stand out. :troll:

----

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
And then he proceeded to put in a million characters who's games are all about fighting but they're not technically a "fighting game" because they aren't matches between two or more people.
And he neglected to remember that Link was in Soul Calibur, Punch Out is LITERALLY a fighting game (albeit a single player one but still), and Mii boxing is a thing among other examples (does anybody remember that Sonic fighting game?).

Probably because he came up with a good gimmick... It's Little Mac's situation all over again.
Well I'm PRAYING that it's not little mac's gimmick and Ryu has decent recovery options. If he's an average character in SF there's no reason why he shouldn't be the same in this game (his moveset is unique enough don't give him little mac or doc syndrome please Sakurai)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom