• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Why is everyone suddenly a stalker in this thread?
At this rate, so many people will be stalking each other that it won't even be stalking anymore.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463

It's funny how the animation was the best thing on this video. The song itsef wasn't that great.
It's also funny that Egoraptor did not a lot in this. He barely animates stuff by himself now. Because, you know, hard work doesn't pay for him, so instead he continue his let's play channel and takes people with him just to destroy there careers.
Arin Hanson, needing help from others and still claim too much on himself : that's the summary.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team

It's funny how the animation was the best thing on this video. The song itsef wasn't that great.
It's also funny that Egoraptor did not a lot in this. He barely animates stuff by himself now. Because, you know, hard work doesn't pay for him, so instead he continue his let's play channel and takes people with him just to destroy there careers.
Arin Hanson, needing help from others and still claim too much on himself : that's the summary.
There'll be lots of avatars from this GIF

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot

Link to the video please?

Strofirko

Smash Master
Sonic Boom glitches stopped being funny weeks ago,they are really milking that game,it is starting to fell forced...

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Sonic Boom glitches stopped being funny weeks ago,they are really milking that game,it is starting to fell forced...
Game Grumps is forced anyway. It's business for Arin. Because he can't live by animating on Youtube, he needs Game Grumps for money. But he keeps his attention too much on this channel and only do stuff with Danny. The only times he's animating are for Star Bomb, "his" band. But because he can't animate by himself, he needs help of a whole studio to do a 3 minute clip video. Yeah, this is what we call a "hard worker" for him apparently.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Game Grumps is forced anyway. It's business for Arin. Because he can't live by animating on Youtube, he needs Game Grumps for money. But he keeps his attention too much on this channel and only do stuff with Danny. The only times he's animating are for Star Bomb, "his" band. But because he can't animate by himself, he needs help of a whole studio to do a 3 minute clip video. Yeah, this is what we call a "hard worker" for him apparently.
I'll admit, I don't like much of the new Game Grumps episodes nearly as much as I loved it with JonTron and early Danny eras, and do wish they would kind of... act more natural. Or just end it. But still, he has to keep Game Grumps alive and running, just like any other forms of entertainment or business, so animation is kind of hard to fit into it all. Also keep in mind that he has a life, just like any other person.

And on the topic of hand-drawn animation; I think it's one of the hardest art forms to learn and master, as the process to create 2D animation is extremely tedious (especially for one person alone), and requires a keen eye, plus technical skill, to keep your animation style consistent. So personally, I can't really blame too much on Arin, as I don't know how long it takes him just to block out an animation. Not every artist learns or works as fast as one another.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I'll admit, I don't like much of the new Game Grumps episodes nearly as much as I loved it with JonTron and early Danny eras, and do wish they would kind of... act more natural. Or just end it. But still, he has to keep Game Grumps alive and running, just like any other forms of entertainment or business, so animation is kind of hard to fit into it all. Also keep in mind that he has a life, just like any other person.

And on the topic of hand-drawn animation; I think it's one of the hardest art forms to learn and master, as the process to create 2D animation is extremely tedious (especially for one person alone), and requires a keen eye, plus technical skill, to keep your animation style consistent. So personally, I can't really blame too much on Arin, as I don't know how long it takes him just to block out an animation. Not every artist learns or works as fast as one another.
Well, Game Grumps was originally a funny channel that wasn't going to last for long, since Jon and Arin had both channels to work on. But Game Grumps took a lot of there time and created too much drama when Jon left. This is where Arin should have ended Game Grumps and do the same thing Jon did : go back. He has his life, like anyone else, but Game Grumps really takes too much for him, transforming time that could have been spent in animating.

Of course, hand-drawn animation is hard, and it's normal for him too need some help. The problem that I have is how lazy he looks now by not making animations. He was a hard worker before, but Game Grumps just turned him into a mess of rappy crappy guy that does time to time animations that take one year to appear. And remember : he has some help from Ross and other friendly animators. So, he could do more animations by himself by cutting some Grumps episodes. It's only a let's play channel.

But I know an other reason why Game Grumps can't stop : the fanbase is horrible and keeps asking more episodes, while still whinning about Jon being gone. If they stop, Arin and Danny will most likely take the bullet/bomb of the disappearance of Game Grumps, making them suffer for nothing.

All and all, I think Game Grumps should have ended when Jon left, heck even before that. This channel just makes everyone suffer in it's cast in some ways, and that's not good.

Jiggsbomb

Smash Ace
Well, Game Grumps was originally a funny channel that wasn't going to last for long, since Jon and Arin had both channels to work on. But Game Grumps took a lot of there time and created too much drama when Jon left. This is where Arin should have ended Game Grumps and do the same thing Jon did : go back. He has his life, like anyone else, but Game Grumps really takes too much for him, transforming time that could have been spent in animating.

Of course, hand-drawn animation is hard, and it's normal for him too need some help. The problem that I have is how lazy he looks now by not making animations. He was a hard worker before, but Game Grumps just turned him into a mess of rappy crappy guy that does time to time animations that take one year to appear. And remember : he has some help from Ross and other friendly animators. So, he could do more animations by himself by cutting some Grumps episodes. It's only a let's play channel.

But I know an other reason why Game Grumps can't stop : the fanbase is horrible and keeps asking more episodes, while still whinning about Jon being gone. If they stop, Arin and Danny will most likely take the bullet/bomb of the disappearance of Game Grumps, making them suffer for nothing.

All and all, I think Game Grumps should have ended when Jon left, heck even before that. This channel just makes everyone suffer in it's cast in some ways, and that's not good.

I didn't like game grumps with jon ( I am a big jontron fan, I think that the people of this thread know that) but i've never really liked unscripted content nor lets plays. But I was still kinda sad when jon left, but then I thought "maybe we'll get some new jontron videos?".
And that we did, but HOLY ****, the game grumps fanbase got worse, like a lot worse.
But I agree with what you said to 100 %.
But in the end it's all about cold, hard cash.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
I didn't like game grumps with jon ( I am a big jontron fan, I think that the people of this thread know that) but i've never really liked unscripted content nor lets plays. But I was still kinda sad when jon left, but then I thought "maybe we'll get some new jontron videos?".
And that we did, but HOLY ****, the game grumps fanbase got worse, like a lot worse.
I liked Jon in Game Grumps, he was the one who never did sexual/poop jokes all the time. He also kept a balance between the duo, and was more memorable than the duo "Arin and Danny". Before, Jon and Arin were equal, and you clearly had the Grump and the Not So Grump. Now, Danny is under Arin, and you have a Grump and a guy stuck with his weird friend. Danny in fact feels like the most honnest guy in the Grumps now, with Arin only playing a "role", Ross being annoying, Barry destroyed by talking but at least somewhat honnest, and Suzy who forces herself to be funny. I miss the real "magic" there was with Jon. But at least, this magic is still present with Jon. Not with Arin tho.

I was like you when Jon left. He left at my birthday, but at least the gift was here, just a little bit late.

Mrkaoz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mrkaoz
I still watch Game Grumps sometimes, I actually like Danny as a person. He makes me laugh a lot. I'm not sure if Arin should have ended Game Grumps when Jon left. It's still a channel that makes me laugh every day. And yes Arin's animations "Egoraptor" are really good and it sucks that he doesn't make that much anymore. But they will come, I'm a big fan of Sequelitis so I am really hoping that he will make more of those serie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom