• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nitric Acid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Typpihappo
3DS FC
3308-5683-8969
A Mario movie? That escalated quickly.
Let's see how it turns out.
And by Sony Pictures, no less. But they only have the rights are in a very early stage of production, so there's a chance it'll never get actually made. :p

Also, the happiest of b-days to Platinum7 :0

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
It's my birthday today!

Also it would be interesting seeing another Mario movie. I'm not sure if it would come through considering Nintendo avoiding movies due to what happened before with the SMB movie and problems with making a Metroid movie.

EDIT: Thinking about it, it would be hilarious seeing the animated SMB movie on the PSN store.
Happy cake day!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Yes.
Sensei @ Frostwraith Frostwraith taught me how.
Very strong arms, he has.
Oh, you mean the eviler Frostwraith from an alternate universe? I met him several times. Pretty cool guy, when he's not bat**** insane.

It's my birthday today!
Happy birthday!

I might be a Slowpoke, but this. Apparently Sony has the rights to produce a Mario movie now...I find that very ironic considering they are competition in the video game industry.
Definitely ironic.

Goes to show that companies aren't petty like the pathetic fanboys that plague the Internet...

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Ya know, I get a strong amount of sad whenever I see someone drop lucario as a main completely. Feels bad every time!

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Well, I do havw an universe idea...but a weird one.

There's an alternate universe where smrpg2 was released.

Now, this imply that pm64 never existed which means the whole series. But that means that you shouldn't read this post now???

I'm dizzy help me...:dizzy:

elusiveTranscendent

Smash Lord
NNID
elusiveTranscend
3DS FC
2105-8699-9997
Psst... Adblock.
You're a mod. Aren't you not supposed to promote that type of activity? :V

I don't use Adblock on this site. ._.
I might be a Slowpoke, but this. Apparently Sony has the rights to produce a Mario movie now...I find that very ironic considering they are competition in the video game industry.
Nothing will ever beat the Mario Bros Movie. Noooothing.
Well I had pizza with my family, played a bit of Smash Bros. and I guess I'll finish it off with a night of catching up on anime or grinding in Kingdom Hearts.
But damn that is a cool cake!
Happy day of birth

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
What was the general consensus about Sonic prior to Snake (or third-parties in general) being confirmed for Brawl? Was he considered as today's Goku? I'm not saying I want non-videogame third-party characters but I'm just curious about how was considered Sonic at the time. Though I'm kinda curious to see internet's reaction if a non-videogame third-party character is announced. But asides from that I don't really want it to happen.

Strofirko

Smash Master
Which KI? Killer Instinct? Somehow I am not surprised if that is the case. Kid Icarus wouldn't make sense. Except the first two games at best. But why do that anyway? XD
Yes it is Killer instinct,it looks like phil spencer wants to follow the SFV style of cross-play.

and happy birthday @PLATINUM7

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yes it is Killer instinct,it looks like phil spencer wants to follow the SFV style of cross-play.
Could also be because Xbox One's aren't the greatest seller ever. Especially with various issues that come up. Also, for Comcast users(this may have been fixed), they can't actually get online with the system. I'm screwed because Comcast is my only cable provider. Assuming again, it has not been fixed so it works.

PC may be the only option for some. I want the Xbone for Killer Instinct and Halo. My PC doesn't do games well, so...

@PLATINUM7: Happy Birthday!

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Could also be because Xbox One's aren't the greatest seller ever. Especially with various issues that come up. Also, for Comcast users(this may have been fixed), they can't actually get online with the system. I'm screwed because Comcast is my only cable provider. Assuming again, it has not been fixed so it works.

PC may be the only option for some. I want the Xbone for Killer Instinct and Halo. My PC doesn't do games well, so...

@PLATINUM7: Happy Birthday!
Why don't you get Hatred?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Apparently, Sega is trying to adapt their older works (Crazy Taxi, Streets of Rage, Virtua Fighter, Shinobi. Golden Axe, Altered Beast, ect.) into big budget films. I for one, don't really know how to feel about this since we ALL know how much Ue Bowe's House of the Dead film sucked. I can only see Streets of Rage, Shinobi, Virtua Fighter, Crazy Taxi working out since they take place in realistic settings and the live action acting can work out well for these games. Since they did mention that they're also doing digital works and TV Shows too, I think Sega is intentionally trying to do their own "ShiftyLook" for the sake of making these forgotten classics relevant.

HOw do you guys feel about this?

http://www.polygon.com/2014/12/12/7...s-altered-beast-golden-axe-shinobi-crazy-taxi

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Why don't you get Hatred?
Never heard of it. I only have a Wii U of the latest Gen(and I don't buy PC games. I do emulators at best).

Apparently, Sega is trying to adapt their older works (Crazy Taxi, Streets of Rage, Virtua Fighter, Shinobi. Golden Axe, Altered Beast, ect.) into big budget films. I for one, don't really know how to feel about this since we ALL know how much Ue Bowe's House of the Dead film sucked. I can only see Streets of Rage, Shinobi, Virtua Fighter, Crazy Taxi working out since they take place in realistic settings and the live action acting can work out well for these games. Since they did mention that they're also doing digital works and TV Shows too, I think Sega is intentionally trying to do their own "ShiftyLook" for the sake of making these forgotten classics relevant.

HOw do you guys feel about this?

http://www.polygon.com/2014/12/12/7...s-altered-beast-golden-axe-shinobi-crazy-taxi
Honestly? Who knows how it could go. I've seen tons of video game movies. None are anywhere near excellent bar a few at best. They're just a fun flick to watch and that's all there is to it. Doom is about the only one I thought was really good. Tomb Raider(both) were fine, Super Mario Bros. was silly, but worked, Double Dragon was mostly awful, yet fun, and Street Fighter was ridiculous in a good way. I never saw the Chun Li one to clarify. Those are the ones I've seen, to note. There's probably a lot I missed. Well, the Sonic OVA was fine, the dub voices were bad, though.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Time flies when you're programming... Gotta go and have lunch.

And I've been listening to the FE Coliseum Series Medley from SSB Wii U for over 40 minutes on loop. Song is really catchy.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Never heard of it. I only have a Wii U of the latest Gen(and I don't buy PC games. I do emulators at best).

Honestly? Who knows how it could go. I've seen tons of video game movies. None are anywhere near excellent bar a few at best. They're just a fun flick to watch and that's all there is to it. Doom is about the only one I thought was really good. Tomb Raider(both) were fine, Super Mario Bros. was silly, but worked, Double Dragon was mostly awful, yet fun, and Street Fighter was ridiculous in a good way. I never saw the Chun Li one to clarify. Those are the ones I've seen, to note. There's probably a lot I missed. Well, the Sonic OVA was fine, the dub voices were bad, though.
If anything, I'm pretty concerned fro which series would be a TV show and which will be adapted into a big budget film. For example, Crazy Taxi is in a realistic setting and doesn't have that much of a plot, so a TV Show would work the best for them. While for something like Streets of Rage, I can say that a film can easily work for them (Especially of the PG-3 variety) since it does have a plot and plenty of action scenes would look good on the big screen. I hope that Sega can make the right choices with each IP (film or TV Show), especially since ShiftyLook had made some animated shorts for things like Wonder Momo and Mappy.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Yeah, about Hatred... You'd better be a little careful about looking it up if you're sensitive to extreme violence.

Game's been quite controversial.

TV Tropes provides good info on it: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/VideoGame/Hatred

It's the origin of this now infamous quote:

"My name is not important. What is important is what I'm going to do... I just ****in' hate this world. And the human worms feasting on its carcass. My whole life is just cold, bitter hatred. And I always wanted to die violently. This is the time of vengeance and no life is worth saving. And I will put in the grave as many as I can. It's time for me to kill. And it's time for me to die. My genocide crusade begins here."
The Villain Protagonist, teaser trailer

That quote, uttered by the protagonist, pretty much sums up what the game is about.

(Though it does have rather disturbing connotations, the way it's delivered on the trailer is rather over-the-top and almost makes me think the game is satire... Check the YMMV tab and you'll see the Narm trope.)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If anything, I'm pretty concerned fro which series would be a TV show and which will be adapted into a big budget film. For example, Crazy Taxi is in a realistic setting and doesn't have that much of a plot, so a TV Show would work the best for them. While for something like Streets of Rage, I can say that a film can easily work for them (Especially of the PG-3 variety) since it does have a plot and plenty of action scenes would look good on the big screen. I hope that Sega can make the right choices with each IP (film or TV Show), especially since ShiftyLook had made some animated shorts for things like Wonder Momo and Mappy.
True. I hope it doesn't go horribly, but knowing our luck...

Yeah, about Hatred... You'd better be a little careful about looking it up if you're sensitive to extreme violence.

TV Tropes provides good info on it: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/VideoGame/Hatred

"My name is not important. What is important is what I'm going to do... I just ****in' hate this world. And the human worms feasting on its carcass. My whole life is just cold, bitter hatred. And I always wanted to die violently. This is the time of vengeance and no life is worth saving. And I will put in the grave as many as I can. It's time for me to kill. And it's time for me to die. My genocide crusade begins here."

That quote, uttered by the protagonist, pretty much sums up what the game is about.

(Though it does have rather disturbing connotations, the way it's delivered on the trailer is rather over-the-top and almost makes me think the game is satire... Check the YMMV tab and you'll see the Narm trope.)
I'm a major Mortal Kombat player. Nuff said. ;)

Honestly, the fact it's not using real people in the videos but still looking cartoony overall easily makes it easy for me to shrug at. Even the most realistic looking has a cartoony bit to it in the end. I may have to watch a video of it. What systems is it for?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Honestly, the fact it's not using real people in the videos but still looking cartoony overall easily makes it easy for me to shrug at. Even the most realistic looking has a cartoony bit to it in the end. I may have to watch a video of it. What systems is it for?
PC. Will be released in 2015.

By the way, there's a link to the trailer on the TV Tropes page.

Strofirko

Smash Master
The trailer of hatred remember the times I use to fight armies of ants on my garden,very sick :demon:

Not recommended to do this at home,the red ones almost f***d me up one time...

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
PC. Will be released in 2015.

By the way, there's a link to the trailer on the TV Tropes page.
Ah, thanks. And eh, as I said, I don't bother with PC games. I prefer emulators due to not needing very many upgrades. Or because it allows me to decode the game for various reasons(like FAQ's). Never mind fun hacks(and I don't mean Zelda Classic).

Upgrades cost money, after all. Consoles, not so much. XD Might be fun to watch a playthrough of, though.

Nitric Acid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Typpihappo
3DS FC
3308-5683-8969

I don't know man, I play a bunch of MK too, and I was absolutely shocked when that trailer came out. It's not the gore, it's the absolutely f'ed mindset and people begging for their lives. I can't comprehend how anyone could see this as entertainment.

Once this is released, I'm not sure I can say that video games aren't a major cause for violence in young people. MK is hilarious in its excessive gore, but this is just pushing people to become school shooters.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't know man, I play a bunch of MK too, and I was absolutely shocked when that trailer came out. It's not the gore, it's the absolutely f'ed mindset and people begging for their lives. I can't comprehend how anyone could see this as entertainment.

Once this is released, I'm not sure I can say that video games aren't a major cause for violence in young people. MK is hilarious in its excessive gore, but this is just pushing people to become school shooters.
Eh. I've seen some brutal stuff, not going to lie. It only bothers me in roleplays and in the real world at best. Games just make me shrug as is. Same as fanfiction, anime, etc. -shrug-

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
The new MK games are ****ed up I agree, but I don't think it's going to incite violence in people that weren't going to be violent anyway.
If something like that gets in the hands of someone young and impressionable, that's the parents' fault, not the game.
Of course, if someone goes on a killing spree due to this game, they had issues anyway.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584

owtheedge.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom