• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I just beat an Intense Master Orders Ticket, only to lose against Dr. Mario in his unlock match after. :facepalm:

D

Deleted member

I'd main Yūyūki Goku if he was in. I would probably never use any other character.

Because it would be that hilarious.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, it was Vegeta and the Ice Climb---oh. :troll:
What about Naruto, Ichigo, and all those--- oh yeah, different game I'm talking about. Anyways, did people really want some other obscure Namco character instead of Pac-Man?

Soul.

What about Naruto, Ichigo, and all those--- oh yeah, different game I'm talking about. Anyways, did people really want some other obscure Namco character instead of Pac-Man?
SSF2: Home of the Strange - Featuring ninjas, swordsmen, and rage-inducing sayians.
By Namco characters you mean something like Lloyd Irving? Lol Pac-Man would have been in regardless.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My god. Some of the Xenoblade trophy descriptions. Thank god I finished the game first...

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Looked up the trophies on SSBwiki.
I was focused on OR/AS instead of SSB4 Wii U, so I have a lot to catch up on.

The pose of the Bionis. lol

"Well, dang. It appears my arm is frozen."

----

D

Deleted member

Looked up the trophies on SSBwiki.
I was focused on OR/AS instead of SSB4 Wii U, so I have a lot to catch up on.

The pose of the Bionis. lol

"Well, dang. It appears my arm is frozen."

----

...I'm sorry

That or Alvis. That would've been great :)
Nah
Disciple Lorithia should've been a trophy. It would have brought back so many fond memories of my playthrough.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Why are you surprised about spoilers in trophy descriptions?

Melee had spoilers for a handful of Zelda games, Brawl has Mother 3 spoilers, this game also has KIU and FEA spoilers.

This is nothing new.

tm730

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4227-1256-0282
tell me how ive only heard of Apex this year (i dont follow tournaments)

then come to find out, they host it literally a 10 minute drive away from me lmao

i live in the same county as a huge tournament gathering. interesting

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Morning, Smashboards.

So, besides the Bros. 3 and World stuff in Mario Maker, did Nintendo announce anything else yesterday?

SharpMcHappy

Smash Apprentice
Morning, Smashboards.

So, besides the Bros. 3 and World stuff in Mario Maker, did Nintendo announce anything else yesterday?
Yes. They showed a bunch of Zelda Wii U gameplay and it is GLORIOUS.

Aw man. I just started going back and trying brawl a bit and damn, I really miss the bounce in Toon Link's dair. I'm also really thankful for the removal of tripping now, haha.

Soul.

Morning, Smashboards.

Code Name: S.T.E.A.M will have multiplayer.
They also announced that they will nerf Diddy in the next patch. :troll:

Aw man. I just started going back and trying brawl a bit and damn, I really miss the bounce in Toon Link's dair. I'm also really thankful for the removal of tripping now, haha.
We all miss the bouncing DAir. Toon Link's DAir is almost useless in this game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

As long as Sakurai's criteria on 3rd party characters is kept through the series, yep, Tails is a pipe dream.
So that basically means we won't get over 9000 third-party characters (something I've seen on fake images)? Fair enough. :troll:

BluehunterZero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zero7298
3DS FC
5026-4480-2477

Aren't we all glad that they removed tripping?
i'm probably 1 of 2 people in the world who doesn't mind tripping.

tm730

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4227-1256-0282
i didnt necessarily mind it cause i cant recall a time where i lost because of it

but i understand why they would hate lol

so im glad that's gone

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984

*Goes to Youtube*
>Beautiful colorful graphics
>Skyward Sword elements back
>Open World
>Epona
>Attacking while riding Eponna like in Twilight Princess is back
>Slow-Mo attacks

Glorious indeed.

Last edited:

SharpMcHappy

Smash Apprentice
Tripping ain't THAT bad. It doesn't break the game for me as it does for most people, but it is a very minor annoyance that really bothers me after being spoiled with Smash 4.

We all miss the bouncing DAir. Toon Link's DAir is almost useless in this game.
Indeed. I do feel like that makes him more intense to play as though, as spiking someone off the stage feels much, MUCH more risky now. The only one I know who can really pull it off well is Lunchables(best TL player IMO). I do want the bounce back though, it'd make him much better. He didn't deserve the nerf :<

They also announced that they will nerf Diddy in the next patch.
Really? Must've missed that part. That's pretty surprising and makes me wonder if Sakurai really does have his eye on the competitive audience.(It also matches really well with the release of that japan tier list. Coincidence? I think not!)

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Code Name: S.T.E.A.M will have multiplayer.
They also announced that they will nerf Diddy in the next patch. :troll:
*Goes to Youtube again*
All right, if people ignore this like they did with The Wonderful 101, I'll lose all my faith in the Nintendo fan community.

Soul.

Tripping ain't THAT bad. It doesn't break the game for me as it does for most people, but it is a very minor annoyance that really bothers me after being spoiled with Smash 4.

Indeed. I do feel like that makes him more intense to play as though, as spiking someone off the stage feels much, MUCH more risky now. The only one I know who can really pull it off well is Lunchables(best TL player IMO). I do want the bounce back though, it'd make him much better. He didn't deserve the nerf :<

Really? Must've missed that part. That's pretty surprising and makes me wonder if Sakurai really does have his eye on the competitive audience.(It also matches really well with the release of that japan tier list. Coincidence? I think not!)
Yes, I know Toon didn't need nerfs. He was fine as he was in Brawl. Losing double BAir in a short hop doesn't matter that much, but...if they could bring his bouncing DAir in the next patch, that would do wonders for him and his metagame.
About the Diddy part, it was a joke lol. xD
*Goes to Youtube again*
All right, if people ignore this like they did with The Wonderful 101, I'll lose all my faith in the Nintendo fan community.
Are you talking about the people who are going to ignore Code Name: S.T.E.A.M?

Last edited:

Nitric Acid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Typpihappo
3DS FC
3308-5683-8969
Yes, I know Toon didn't need nerfs. He was fine as he was in Brawl. Losing double BAir in a short hop doesn't matter that much, but...if they could bring his bouncing DAir in the next patch, that would do wonders for him and his metagame.
I dunno. I mean, I used TL every now and then in Brawl, and to me, losing his Bair game seemed like a good reason not to.His Dair nerf was needed, though, makes it easier to punish careless ones (except for Luigi, who still slides a mile away from the shockwave).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom