• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Are you talking about the people who are going to ignore Code Name: S.T.E.A.M?
Pretty much. I hate how both Nintendo haters and some fanboys exclaim they never do any new IP. Personally, I think Pokémon and Mario are to blame. I love them, but they're exploited to the point people ignore any other IP that isn't those two or Zelda/Smash Bros.

Last edited:

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
*Goes to Youtube again*
All right, if people ignore this like they did with The Wonderful 101, I'll lose all my faith in the Nintendo fan community.
Well to be fair The Wonderful 101 was a very, I actually don't know the word, niche maybe? It wasn't easy to get into, and I can understand why people didn't buy it en masse. But this looks like a very promising game, I've loved all the Fire Emblem games, so I'm more than willing to give this a go.

Soul.

We won't get over 9000 third-party characters?
Vegeta disconfirmed.
wow. the dream is dead, omg. rip vegeta ;_;
I dunno. I mean, I used TL every now and then in Brawl, and to me, losing his Bair game seemed like a good reason not to.His Dair nerf was needed, though, makes it easier to punish careless ones (except for Luigi, who still slides a mile away from the shockwave).
Yeah, I mean he's decent in this game, just nerfed. His projectiles can still follow up with FAir except the bow (pretty sure they did in Brawl). I don't know why does Link's DAir bounce in this game though. Perhaps it's to make them different.
Pretty much. I hate how both Nintendo haters and some fanboys exclaim they never do any new IP. Personally, I think Pokémon and Mario are to blame. I love them, but they're exploited to the point people ignore any other IP that isn't those two or Zelda/Smash Bros.
Pokémon and Mario are to blame because those two franchises are their most successful ones. Like, I know people say they don't make a new franchise, but when they do they still complain, albeit not as much.

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Pokémon and Mario are to blame because those two franchises are their most successful ones. Like, I know people say they don't make a new franchise, but when they do they still complain, albeit not as much.
Imagine if Nintendo made a Direct purely made of announcing new IPs. I can already see those hypocrites commenting: "Still no new Metroid" "F-Zero when?" "Bring Mother back!!!" "Boring, we want a new Star Fox" "When's the new Zelda?" "We need info on Pokémon" "Why no SMTxFE?" "I wanted a new Mario"

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
'sup guys.

Just came back from the 32 man tournament. And I lost the first round. D:

It was a great match, quite intense for both. Got the crowd riled up with Bowser Jr. vs. Luigi. Played 3rd match as Sonic, and I bloody mess up by using Side-B and landing into the side of the stage, falling.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
So I like adding random people from random places as Miis

I'm adding these people right now (@Space Stranger this is perfect for you)

DocMcStuffins
That Hula Hoop teacher from Lilo and Stitch
That governor from Pocahontas
And all of the seven dwarfs
And the shooter girl from Wreck it Ralph

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Imagine if Nintendo made a Direct purely made of announcing new IPs. I can already see those hypocrites commenting: "Still no new Metroid" "F-Zero when?" "Bring Mother back!!!" "Boring, we want a new Star Fox" "When's the new Zelda?" "We need info on Pokémon" "Why no SMTxFE?" "I wanted a new Mario"
Watch "SINNOH CONFIRMED!!!111oneone" happen.

I don't know if it's just me, but I've had a very bad experience with Metroid fans. They got mad at me for no reason back in 2010, but ehh, that's the past. Good thing I never went with the name Flight when I joined websites. :troll:

On topic though, yeah, you're right on that.

Soul.

Well, to be fair, I really don't care about Metroid. F-Zero is ehhh.. Mother isn't happening any time soon. Maybe never. It will always have 3 games lel.
They can show some details about the new Star Fox, but still, that's coming out next year and people still don't care. They just want information.
Regarding Pokémon, it's somewhat early for them to do something else. Gen 5 lasted 3 years. Maybe X/Y will last the same years as B/W. I mean, of course they can reveal new Pokémon stuff, but I feel that they should wait for the next handheld. And then the next handheld will have...
SINNOH CONFIRMED!!!
Goku on the other hand...practically guaranteed.
But I don't want to see a lot of Goku players spamming his Kamehameha. It just makes me use him as a punching bag lol.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
If Goku uses Kamehameha too much he'll exhaust his Ki energy, so he couldn't spam it anyway.
Ki blasts on the other hand...
Goku can't be in Smash for now, he's to busy fighting Frieza for a second time in his new movie.

Last edited:

Soul.

If Goku uses Kamehameha too much he'll exhaust his Ki energy, so he couldn't spam it anyway.
Ki blasts on the other hand...
That's like the KO Punch meter Little Mac has. If Goku was in Smash, he'd obviously have a meter to determine where is his Ki energy.
Then when the meter is full, the Ki blasts are a free KO because Goku likes to be a super rage inducing sayian.

D

Deleted member

Regarding Pokémon, it's somewhat early for them to do something else. Gen 5 lasted 3 years. Maybe X/Y will last the same years as B/W. I mean, of course they can reveal new Pokémon stuff, but I feel that they should wait for the next handheld. And then the next handheld will have...
Or.. they can always pull a B/W and make a whole new generation for the same handheld. Maybe with some technical advancements thanks to New 3DS (optional of course)?

Soul.

...Damn it. I'm so gullible sometimes.
It's fine. That would be worth it though. Just nerf UAir a bit and he's just a normal top tier.
Or.. they can always pull a B/W and make a whole new generation for the same handheld. Maybe with some technical advancements thanks to New 3DS (optional of course)?
Prepare for this quote.
"I don't want to get a New 3DS! It's pointless! Why is Pokémon on this thing? Nintendo, you really want the original 3DS userbase to go away, huh.."

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I love how some people say that Goku would be OP in a fighting game yet I've beaten him plenty of times using Eve, Tsuna or Luffy in Jump Ultimate Stars.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Just completed :4dedede:'s All-Star + Custom Moves
Onwards to :4metaknight:, I'm over halfway there!

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Well it's 5:15 pm in Sweden, and I'm in the ER. Because my youngest son broke his arm. So, how is your day going smashboards?
Well I just downloaded the Twilight Princess DLC pack for Hyrule Warriors, and I'm going to attempt to try Smash and hope I don't encounter the glitch, but if I do, I'll just stay out of the options menus and give the Wii U a rest

Soul.

I love how some people say that Goku would be OP in a fighting game yet I've beaten him plenty of times using Eve, Tsuna or Luffy in Jump Ultimate Stars.
Cue SSF2 Goku and make him have more knockback on his attacks, transcended priority and a free KO move. There, Brawl Meta Knight 2.0.

Jiggsbomb

Smash Ace

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
That's like the KO Punch meter Little Mac has. If Goku was in Smash, he'd obviously have a meter to determine where is his Ki energy.
Then when the meter is full, the Ki blasts are a free KO because Goku likes to be a super rage inducing sayian.
That is the idea behind the Goku moveset I am planning to make.
His special moves use Ki energy (Kamehameha and ki blasts)
His down special is him powering up to charge his Ki energy, and if he reaches max energy and uses his down special he becomes a Super Saiyan that gradually drains ki while having increased attack power.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Cue SSF2 Goku and make him have more knockback on his attacks, transcended priority and a free KO move. There, Brawl Meta Knight 2.0.
He's playable as his normal self, Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan Vegetto. In all of those forms, he's still pretty much a balanced character.

Besides, everyone knows the game's Meta Knights are Hollow Ichigo and Gear 2nd Luffy.

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
His down special is him powering up to charge his Ki energy, and if he reaches max energy and uses his down special he becomes a Super Saiyan that gradually drains ki while having increased attack power.
The "charging ki" to gain power is nice but I don't think he needs to go Super Saiyan after this. Just like in his games, he would be at max power. The Super Saiyan could be used as a final smash, with him throwing a big Kamehameha.
His NeutralB could be a normal Ki that becomes big when it's at full power. But for the rest, I don't know.

Soul.

I actually thought the Super Saiyan transformation would be a Final Smash. What would be his Side Special then?
....Maybe his Final Smash could be him bringing up the 7 Dragon Balls and Shenron (the green dragon or something) appears.
He's playable as his normal self, Super Saiyan and Vegito. In all of those forms, he's still pretty much a balanced character.

Besides, everyone knows the game's Meta Knights are Hollow Ichigo and Gear 2nd Luffy.
lol Ichigo.
lol One Piece.

D

Deleted member

It's fine. That would be worth it though. Just nerf UAir a bit and he's just a normal top tier.

Prepare for this quote.
"I don't want to get a New 3DS! It's pointless! Why is Pokémon on this thing? Nintendo, you really want the original 3DS userbase to go away, huh.."
It'd be just like Black and White benefiting from using a DSi or 3DS... I think. Then again, I don't play Pokémon games that much (probably never) and I'm not very good at them, so I don't know.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
You know, Goku is at the limit of being a god. So technically, a fight between him and Palutena could be pretty hard for him I think. In a non-smash fight of course.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I actually thought the Super Saiyan transformation would be a Final Smash. What would be his Side Special then?
....Maybe his Final Smash could be him bringing up the 7 Dragon Balls and Shenron (the green dragon or something) appears.

lol Ichigo.
lol One Piece.
No, really. Play the game (Jump Ultimate Stars) and find out. I know nothing about them in their series, but in this game, they're OP.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Standard special: Kamehameha: An energy blast that can be charged for more power.
Side special: Ki Blasts: Small projectiles that can used multiple times to combo.
Up special: Intant Transmission: A short range teleport that warps near the closest opponent, or up otherwise.
Down special: Charge Ki: Goku powers up and charges his ki gauge, at max power, tapping the button causes him to become Super Saiyan.
Final Smash: Spirit Bomb: Goku creates the spirit bomb using energy from the people of Earth, and unleashes it.

Soul.

It'd be just like Black and White benefiting from using a DSi or 3DS... I think. Then again, I don't play Pokémon games that much (probably never) and I'm not very good at them, so I don't know.
Well, not everyone plays Pokémon, so I understand.
Gen 6 is somewhat boring.
No, really. Play the game (Jump Ultimate Stars) and find out. I know nothing about them in their series, but in this game, they're OP.
Is Jump Ultimate Stars even a competitive game? I don't even know. I'll just agree with your post.
Standard special: Kamehameha: An energy blast that can be charged for more power.
Side special: Ki Blasts: Small projectiles that can used multiple times to combo.
Up special: Intant Transmission: A short range teleport that warps near the closest opponent, or up otherwise.
Down special: Charge Ki: Goku powers up and charges his ki gauge, at max power, tapping the button causes him to become Super Saiyan.
Final Smash: Spirit Bomb: Goku creates the spirit bomb using energy from the people of Earth, and unleashes it.
Welp, that escalated quickly. Spirit Bomb seems interesting.

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Gen 6 is somewhat boring.
The new Pokémon are the only good thing out of it. Forgettable gym leaders, most boring Champion, lame rivals, boring region overall and online is 'OU: The Team featuring Talonflame from the Pokémon series.'

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom