• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
Standard special: Kamehameha: An energy blast that can be charged for more power.
Side special: Ki Blasts: Small projectiles that can used multiple times to combo.
Up special: Intant Transmission: A short range teleport that warps near the closest opponent, or up otherwise.
Down special: Charge Ki: Goku powers up and charges his ki gauge, at max power, tapping the button causes him to become Super Saiyan.
Final Smash: Spirit Bomb: Goku creates the spirit bomb using energy from the people of Earth, and unleashes it.
Neutral B : Ki blasts. Changed into a Kamehameha after Goku is at full power with his DownB.
Side B : Wild Rush. Basically, Goku rushes on the left or the right and do damage.
Up B : Instant Transmission like you've said.
Down B : Charging Ki, like you've said, without the Super Saiyan.
Final Smash : Goku punch an opponent and puts him in nowhere (like Shulk or Duck Hunt final smash). He then turns Super Saiyan, do the spirit bomb and then tranform it into a Dragon Fist.

Is it a bad moveset ?

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
The new Pokémon are the only good thing out of it. Forgettable gym leaders, most boring Champion, lame rivals, boring region overall and online is 'OU: The Team featuring Talonflame from the Pokémon series.'
At least it didn't have music like hoenn and it was nice not to see a land surrounded by water, which is why I like Sinnoh better. Nobody make that dumb joke because I will ignore you.... its annoying

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
I think I just had a mini-rivalry with some guy who mained Bowser and Lucario on For Glory. Intense stuff, I think we fought for an hour or so, going back and forth. Thankfully, Ganondorf pulled through for me, as did Shulk.

D

Deleted member

Well, not everyone plays Pokémon, so I understand.
Gen 6 is somewhat boring.
It kinda is. I mean, I think Gen 4 is the best out of all generations, this coming from a guy who rarely plays those games in the first place. xD
It's like Windows Vista running on your average Windows XP PC.

Soul.

The new Pokémon are the only good thing out of it. Forgettable gym leaders, most boring Champion, lame rivals, boring region overall and online is 'OU: The Team featuring Talonflame from the Pokémon series.'
Lmao, yes. I agree. Kalos is boring in general. The only good thing is the new Pokémon like you said.
Talonflame? ......

Really now, I thought every team featured Greninja from the Protean series.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Well, not everyone plays Pokémon, so I understand.
Gen 6 is somewhat boring.

Is Jump Ultimate Stars even a competitive game? I don't even know. I'll just agree with your post.

Welp, that escalated quickly. Spirit Bomb seems interesting.
It's like Smash Bros. with Shueisha manga characters.

The flow of the game is fast, many combo strategies can be used (mostly with the "team" gimmick), take in mind that besides the playable ones you need to make your team with summon characters and support ones, who give a stat bonus to the ones you attach them to (especially some get an extra bonus if the characters have "chemistry").

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Neutral B : Ki blasts. Changed into a Kamehameha after Goku is at full power with his DownB.
Side B : Wild Rush. Basically, Goku rushes on the left or the right and do damage.
Up B : Instant Transmission like you've said.
Down B : Charging Ki, like you've said, without the Super Saiyan.
Final Smash : Goku punch an opponent and puts him in nowhere (like Shulk or Duck Hunt final smash). He then turns Super Saiyan, do the spirit bomb and then tranform it into a Dragon Fist.
Is it a bad moveset ?
I feel like having the Super Saiyan as a buff is necessary. The form is such an integral part of his character now, it would be like if Shulk fought barefisted.
That or an alternate costume, but that wouldn't make much sense.

One of his custom specials is Kaio-ken, though.

Soul.

..... U WOT M8!?
breh u got a problem wit tht 1 peice is no gud luffy is always arogant
It's like Smash Bros. with Shueisha manga characters.

The flow of the game is fast, many combo strategies can be used (mostly with the "team gimmick"), take in mind that besides the playable ones you need to make your team with summon characters and support ones, who give a stat bonus to the ones you attach them to (especially some get an extra bonus if the characters have "chemistry").
So it's like the Assist thing in UMVC3? I'm talking about the team gimmick thing.
I thought that hype died down, but I could be wrong.
Nah it didn't. People still use this frog.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Lmao, yes. I agree. Kalos is boring in general. The only good thing is the new Pokémon like you said.
Talonflame? ......

Really now, I thought every team featured Greninja from the Protean series.
Ah I miss the days before pokebank came along and the Talonflame population was 20x bigger. I roll with a sturdy magnezone so I was shutting them down left and right, good times. Varied teams! Consisting of Greninja,Blaziken and Talonflame!

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
So in 2015...
:4link:Zelda is getting its first open world game.
MGS is getting its first open world game.

It's truly going to be an amazing year for gaming.
Now if only Snake was still in Smash...

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
here's a tier list I made. feel free to laugh.

S:4diddy:
A+ :4yoshi::4sonic:
A:4fox::4robinm::4ness::4lucario::rosalina::4falcon::4falco:
B:4jigglypuff::4marth::4lucina::4rob::4peach::4pikachu::4zelda::4greninja:
C:4bowser::4link::4miibrawl::4wario::4zss::4samus::4darkpit::4dedede::4palutena::4wiifit::4luigi::4mario:
D:4tlink::4villager::4miigun::4kirby::4littlemac::4larry::4duckhunt::4dk::4charizard::4myfriends::4megaman::4pacman:
E:4drmario::4ganondorf::4miisword::4metaknight::4olimar::4gaw:

Now this is only based off what I have seen(Gameplay wise) if there's any criticism go ahead.\

EDIT: Making a tier list is hard.

Last edited:

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario

So it's like the Assist thing in UMVC3? I'm talking about the team gimmick thing.

I can see where the 'Big 3' hate I coming in, but in all honesty its one of my favorite shows. Ignoring the DBZ-like lengths of time some arcs can take, it has a lot going for it, and I can't get enough of early episodes from the Funimation dub.

Soul.

Ah I miss the days before pokebank came along and the Talonflame population was 20x bigger. I roll with a sturdy magnezone so I was shutting them down left and right, good times. Varied teams! Consisting of Greninja,Blaziken and Talonflame!
It's not Magnezone without Magnet Pull. It just doesn't feel the same.
.....Wait, you said Blaziken what. That thing was already in Ubers.

S:4diddy:
A+ :4yoshi::4sonic:
A:4fox::4robinm::4ness::4lucario::rosalina::4falcon::4falco:
B:4jigglypuff::4marth::4lucina::4rob::4peach::4pikachu::4zelda::4greninja:
C:4bowser::4link::4miibrawl::4wario::4zss::4samus::4darkpit::4dedede::4palutena::4wiifit::4luigi::4mario:
D:4tlink::4villager::4miigun::4kirby::4littlemac::4larry::4duckhunt::4dk::4charizard::4myfriends::4megaman::4pacman:
E:4drmario::4ganondorf::4miisword::4metaknight::4olimar::4gaw:

Now this is only based off what I have seen(Gameplay wise) if there's any criticism go ahead.\

EDIT: Making a tier list is hard.
Meta Knight in the E tier. How the mighty have fallen.
I can see where the 'Big 3' hate I coming in, but in all honesty its one of my favorite shows. Ignoring the DBZ-like lengths of time some arcs can take, it has a lot going for it, and I can't get enough of early episodes from the Funimation dub.
Yeah, I understand that. I was just kidding with the previous post lol.

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
It's not Magnezone without Magnet Pull. It just doesn't feel the same.
.....Wait, you said Blaziken what. That thing was already in Ubers.

Meta Knight in the E tier. How the mighty have fallen.

Yeah, I understand that. I was just kidding with the previous post lol.
My Magnezone is king troll of troll town. I use the substitute set so it shuts down the Klefki and Dunsparce shenanigans entirely and allows it to win against the odd Nidoking and its got bonus points of taking down what I want due to sturdy so its worth it.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
:4olimar::4gaw:
Has no one run into any good Olimar players? It's like people just look at his lack of Pikmin and think "oh, he must suck now."

I'm just an average Smasher, but even when I find myself losing badly, I always turn the tables when I switch to Olimar.

He's probably even better than he was in Brawl. Diddy better step back, because Olimar was once right behind Meta Knight.
And why is Game & Watch at the bottom.

Soul.

My Magnezone is king troll of troll town. I use the substitute set so it shuts down the Klefki and Dunsparce shenanigans entirely and allows it to win against the odd Nidoking and its got bonus points of taking down what I want due to sturdy so its worth it.
Eh. Let's just say Sturdy 'Zone is a bit niche and that if you want to use it, you better go for Magnet Pull.
Of course, the ability has its uses, but Magnezone is just used to trap Steel-types and KO them.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984

Sort of. It's obligatory to make a team of characters in a limit number of spaces available. There three type of characters, which are the ones I described and it's obligatory to have at least one of each type in your team. Each character have different panels to put in the spaces. Depending on how many spaces they use, the support ones only use one space, the summon ones ocuppy 2-3 spaces, and the playable ones a 4-8. Each summon have two different versions of themselves, depending on the panel number, which affects their effect.

For example, 2 panel Sanji from One Piece etands with a cake that player must reach to recover health, while his 3 panel version appears to make some kicks.

Playable characters have also a multitude of panels, wich doesn't affect much in their playstyle but gives them more health and different specials. Example, Tsuna can use the Dying Will Mode as his 4-panel especial to make a fist on the ground, while his 6-panel version uses the Hyper Dying Will Mode to grab the opponent and repeatdly punch him/her in the air. Some panels affect the appearance of the character and so their gamplay, like 7-8 panel Naruto who surrounds himself in the 9 Tailed Fox chakra; he becomes slower, running in all fours and attacks using the fox powers.

There's also the rock-paper-scissors thing. Each playable character have different types which can be distinguished by the color on the background of their pic next to their health bar. The types are power (red), knowledge (green) and comedy (yellow). Power is strong against knowledge, knowledge is strong comedy and comedy is strong against power.

For example, Seiya is a power character, which makes him strong against Yugi who is knowledge type. However, Yugi has advantage against the comedy type Trunks, which in turn is stronger against Seiya.

Last edited:

Soul.

Sort of. It's obligatory to make a team of characters in a limit number of spaces available. There three type of characters, which are the ones I described and it's obligatory to have at least one of each type in your team. Each character have different panels to put in the spaces. Depending on how many spaces they use, the support ones only use one space, the summon ones ocuppy 2-3 spaces, and the playable ones a 4-8. Each summon have two different versions of themselves, depending on the panel number, which affects their effect.

For example, 2 panel Sanji from One Piece etands with a cake that player must reach to recover health, while his 3 panel version appears to make some kicks.

Playable characters have also a multitude of panels, wich doesn't affect much in their playstyle but gives them more health and different specials. Example, Tsuna can use the Dying Will Mode as his 4-panel especial to make a fist on the ground, while his 6-panel version uses the Hyper Dying Will Mode to grab the opponent and repeatdly punch him/her in the air. Some panels affect the appearance of the character and so their gamplay, like 7-8 panel Naruto who surrounds himself in the 9 Tailed Fox chakra; he becomes slower, running in all fours and attacks using the fox powers.

There's also the rock-paper-scissors thing. Each playable character have different types which can be distinguished by the color on the background of their pic next to their health bar. The types are power (red), knowledge (green) and comedy (yellow). Power is strong against knowledge, knowledge is strong comedy and comedy is strong against power.

For example, Seiya is a power charcter, which makes him strong against Yugi who is knowledge type. However, Yugi has advantage against the comedy type Trunks, which in turn is stronger against Seiya.
That sounds....confusing, to say the least.
Only Jesus can stop Rayquaza now.
>dubstep
>hyper beam hype
>why is she using hyper beam

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Eh. Let's just say Sturdy 'Zone is a bit niche and that if you want to use it, you better go for Magnet Pull.
Of course, the ability has its uses, but Magnezone is just used to trap Steel-types and KO them.
Perhaps, but honestly battle spot or not I have seen very little steel type usage in my battles so I found it more productive to go with sturdy.

Also a fun fact: An offensive+support Cryogonal is the best anti Gyarados/Swampert ever. Dat Freeze dry!

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
That sounds....confusing, to say the least.

>dubstep
>hyper beam hype
Yeah, maybe it's better to find some guide or videos to understand better. At least that's what I did at first.

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
I hate Master Fortress so much.

Who thought it would be a good idea to make you fight Crazy Hand and Master Hand, then four phases of Master Core, then force you to run through a narrow maze filled with some of the most annoying Smash Run enemies, along with acid nearly everywhere that will OHKO you if you're over 100%?

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
>dubstep
>hyper beam hype
Hyper Beam is good on Mega Bird Jesus : it's stab, can't miss and is fired by a base stat of 125 in special attack. Yé, it's gud.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I hate Master Fortress so much.

Who thought it would be a good idea to make you fight Crazy Hand and Master Hand, then four phases of Master Core, then force you to run through a narrow maze filled with some of the most annoying Smash Run enemies, along with acid nearly everywhere that will OHKO you if you're over 100%?
Maybe Sakurai is friends with ZUN.

Soul.

Perhaps, but honestly battle spot or not I have seen very little steel type usage in my battles so I found it more productive to go with sturdy.

Also a fun fact: An offensive+support Cryogonal is the best anti Gyarados/Swampert ever. Dat Freeze dry!
In the lower tiers, that is. In RU if you want to be specific, which is where Cryogonal shines. Swampert doesn't really care and can just hit with Stone Edge or something, with Cryogonal being so frail on its physical Defense.
Hyper Beam is good on Mega Bird Jesus : it's stab, can't miss and is fired by a base stat of 125 in special attack. Yé, it's gud.
You use that move, opponent survives the KO, you get punished for recharging. I always thought that Hyper Beam was unreliable and that Pidgeot has better things to do than fighting against a broken mess. Examples: Hurricane / Heat Wave / Hidden Power Ground / Roost.

Only Hyper Beam can defeat Mega Rayquaza.
Wise words.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I look forward to fight against Master Fortress.

Ganondorf might not be the best character for such an ordeal, though...

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
You use that move, opponent survives the KO, you get punished for recharging. I always thought that Hyper Beam was unreliable and that Pidgeot has better things to do than fighting against a broken mess. Examples: Hurricane / Heat Wave / Hidden Power Ground / Roost.
Meh, Bird Jesus is already super frail, he doesn't need to stay during the whole match. And Hyper Beam is still a good move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom