• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
'sup guys?

Just found they've discovered the whole song OST.

*sniff* Pikmin and Wario got a bit shafted. And Donkey Kong has 10 variations of the same Jungle Hijinx song...
But how would we know that people like Jungle Hijinx if they didn't have have all the remixes?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
'sup guys?

Just found they've discovered the whole song OST.

*sniff* Pikmin and Wario got a bit shafted. And Donkey Kong has 10 variations of the same Jungle Hijinx song...
10 variants of the same song? And I thought they were only 7.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I'm surprised my local EB Games have Gamecube Controllers left in stock..... BTW, How much are they in America?
Last time I checked they were 20.00. but thy are of low stock so why should I even bother going on and getting one. I'm honestly doing just fine with my gamepad

D

Deleted member

gamecube adapters ARE going to be restocked, right?
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/273026546/smash-4-adapter

It's 4Chan so take this with a grain of salt, but I seriously hope this isn't true. I've been hearing they've been selling well, so there's no reason not to restock them.
10 variants of the same song? And I thought they were only 7.
That's... really underwhelming for Donkey Kong, considering how many good tunes could be used or remixed. This is the same amount as the entirety of Mega Man's OST in Smash and that was easily handled 10x better.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
There's so many, why keep count? :p
Last I checked, there was:
- Kongo Jungle 64
- The two Brawl versions: Jungle Level Versions 1 and 2
- 2 new versions: Jungle Level Jazz and Tribal Styles
- DKCR version (titled "Jungle Hijinxs")
- Tropical Freeze version

A bit overkill, I must admit.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/273026546/smash-4-adapter

It's 4Chan so take this with a grain of salt, but I seriously hope this isn't true. I've been hearing they've been selling well, so there's no reason not to restock them.That's... really underwhelming for Donkey Kong, considering how many good tunes could be used or remixed. This is the same amount as the entirety of Mega Man's OST in Smash and that was easily handled 10x better.
ITs 4chan.. why would you even give the grain of salt if any at all?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Last I checked, there was:
- Kongo Jungle 64
- The two Brawl versions: Jungle Level Versions 1 and 2
- 2 new versions: Jungle Level Jazz and Tribal Styles
- DKCR version (titled "Jungle Hijinxs")
- Tropical Freeze version

A bit overkill, I must admit.
So how are the people crying about no DK representation gonna say now? They still not going to be happy?

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
So I watched most of the Delta Episode, and Zinnia talks about 'another Hoenn" during a scene in the space center, which got me thinking...

I guess this makes the original R/B/Y, G/S/C, and R/S/E canon after all. It's just that they take place in another dimension. The firing of the ultimate weapon in Kalos 3,000 years ago is also mentioned.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Last time I checked they were 20.00. but thy are of low stock so why should I even bother going on and getting one. I'm honestly doing just fine with my gamepad
The Gamestop GC controllers are garbage. It's hard for the :GCLT: & :GCRT: button to respond whenever they are pressed. Does anyone know what's the function of the "turbo" button?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I think Jungle Japes from Melee should return. I mean, why have 7 versions of the same song when you could have 8? :troll:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
So how are the people crying about no DK representation gonna say now? They still not going to be happy?
Well we can't complain about the new stage itself, because it's brilliant and unique.

The song selection, though, is lacking variety. There's SO, SO MANY good songs from all Donkey Kong Country games, yet they decide to keep doing variations of Jungle Hijinx. Not that the song isn't good, but it feels ignorant to ignore the all other great tracks. :/

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
The Gamestop GC controllers are garbage. It's hard for the :GCLT: & :GCRT: button to respond whenever they are pressed. Does anyone know what's the function of the "turbo" button?
The turbo button lets you button mash by holding down a button. This helps you troll people in Mario Party. Lose friends, 5 times as fast! The turbo button everybody! :troll:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Well we can't complain about the new stage itself, because it's brilliant and unique.

The song selection, though, is lacking variety. There's SO, SO MANY good songs from all Donkey Kong Country games, yet they decide to keep doing variations of Jungle Hijinx. Not that the song isn't good, but it feels ignorant to ignore the all other great tracks. :/
hm, yeah but you could say th same thing about Ruby and Sapphire but to be honest, most of those songs in that game aren't that goo to make it into smash anyway. yeah Nintendo could of picked different DK songs, I agree on that.

Mother f-ing double post sorry

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
You know your TV is old when your Wii U GamePad produces a much higher quality display than the TV...:ohwell:

And I like that, unlike Brawl, it's very easy to get access to your snapshots even though you can view them directly on your computer with the SD card inserted. You can chose from Miiverse, Facebook, Twitter, & Tumblr.

This photo I made is actually referencing something. Can you guess what it is (you probably won't)? Winner gets a cookie.

Hint: September 27, 2012

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Honestly 3DS Smash and custom moves shouldn't have existed. If they didn't exist then Wii U Smash would have more stages, Mewtwo, Ice Climbers, possible Wolf and Lucas, a couple more characters potentially and Palutena might've had a real move set.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
To be able to constantly us an attack like Mario fireball without letting go of the button
Infinite Fox's Blasters Tyme!!!111! Oh, well that would be great for someone like Mega Man's standard A attack.
The turbo button lets you button mash by holding down a button. This helps you troll people in Mario Party. Lose friends, 5 times as fast! The turbo button everybody! :troll:
Now my Street Fighter buttoin-mash capability increases by 300%!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

They took 5 versions directly from previous games (Smash 64, the 2 from Brawl, DKCR, DKCTF) and did two new remixes on top of that. I think the two new remixes are done by the same composer too, unlike the two versions from Brawl.

But that's not my gripe with the soundtrack. My gripe with the soundtrack is... well, take a look at the following list:
- Kongo Jungle 64
- Jungle Level (Brawl)
- Jungle Hijinxs (DKC Returns)
- DK Rap (Melee)
- Main Theme (Metroid) (Brawl)
- Brinstar (Melee)
- Pollyanna (I Believe in You) (Mother) (Melee remix)
- Id (Purpose) (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
- Crimean Army Sortie (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance)
- Gaur Plain (Xenoblade Chronicles)
- Gaur Plain (Night)
- Engage the Enemy (Xenoblade Chronicles)

The common denominator of those songs: they aren't the full versions, but shortened versions with parts removed. Another common denominator: originally had loops of over 3 minutes.

This detail in musical direction leaves me displeased.

You can also add to that list the Sonic vocal main themes, though those also had the same fate back in Brawl.

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
So I watched most of the Delta Episode, and Zinnia talks about 'another Hoenn" during a scene in the space center, which got me thinking...

I guess this makes the original R/B/Y, G/S/C, and R/S/E canon after all. It's just that they take place in another dimension. The firing of the ultimate weapon in Kalos 3,000 years ago is also mentioned.
That would also explain how Lt Surge fought in a Pokemon war, despite the one mentioned in X/Y being completely different to the one he was apparently in. Then there's the war in the 8th movie...

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

She actually seems to confirm that idea later in the Episode as she mentions that there is a universe where Mega Evolution isn't discovered and the war in Kalos never happens, more then likely referring to the previous games as they never had Mega Evolutions in them. So there should be at least two timelines, the first being the one we're more familiar with (FRLG/RSE>HGSS/DPPt>BW>B2W2), and the second being the new one where Mega Evolution is present (ORAS>XY).

Overall, I'm a bit mixed on the idea, but depending on how they handle it, it could lead to some interesting developments. Especially when it comes to the likely DP and BW remakes as now they can take more liberties with them.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

This photo I made is actually referencing something. Can you guess what it is (you probably won't)? Winner gets a cookie.

Hint: September 27, 2012
No idea. I know some of those guys had games released in 2012, but that's it.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Honestly 3DS Smash and custom moves shouldn't have existed. If they didn't exist then Wii U Smash would have more stages, Mewtwo, Ice Climbers, possible Wolf and Lucas, a couple more characters potentially and Palutena might've had a real move set.
Dont bring up IC up again. hasnt that been settled? x.x
$20? Lucky :p
wooow thats too much.
I mad a mistake, the adapter is 20, the controller is around 5 bucks

Last edited:

TheLastLugia

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3007-8069-6935
I suppose I can sorta buy into the idea that the 3DS version "held back" the Wii U game, so to speak. But honestly, if you said to me I could have all those things in the Wii U version, and maybe even more, at the expense of the 3DS version not existing, I wouldn't even have to think for my response. I'd say no, not at all. I think it's kinda inevitable that in 3-4 years time I'll look back on my play times on both versions, and I will have played on the 3DS game more, considering the portability and the fact I've already played on it for well over 100 hours. Trade all that in for a few characters? Never, but maybe that's just me.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
No idea. I know some of those guys had games released in 2012, but that's it.
I had a feeling I'd be the only one. It was based of this:

This was from a TV show on Cartoon Network called MAD (same MAD as the magazine). It was parody show of many things. I like to call it "Robot Chicken for kids" as it does a great job describing it. This was taken from season 3, episode 11 in a skit called "Diary of a Wimpy Kid Icarus" (September 27, 2012)

I think this is the only TV show that actually makes a reference to Super Smash Bros. if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom