• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
I love all the Melee characters returning. Now it makes even more sense why Ice Climbers were cut. Even though they probably would have worked on the Wii U version (and they were running) can you imagine SIXTEEN people on screen plus any assist trophies and Pokemon that could appear? I trust the Wii U could handle it but just have 8 Rosalina and Luma's (or 8 of anything) sounds ridiculous.

This mode to me honestly just sounds like something to tout the power of the Wii U. It does look like fun, don't get me wrong, but in a more party-casual setting where everybody's there to have fun. I can barely find myself in 4 player matches but having 5 or 6 people might be fun. 8 just sounds ridiculous though. Especially if its 7 cpus that are human hungry.

Also since there's teams...7 vs 1 is happening.

Chakra-X

Smash Cadet
Mewtwo bundled with a Cerulean Cave stage would make me cry the best kinds of tears.

I do hope he is good, I couldn't get him to work right in Melee but he played fantastically in Project M (attacking out of teleport, whaaaaaaat?)

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Um guys, in Hyrule Warriors, I'm trying to unlock the Summoning Gate, but there is a lock instead of a rank. How do I get it? I've beaten the whole story mode on easy.
If I recall correctly, the locks mean that you need to use an item on one of the adjacent squares to open that square up, so for instance if the square south of the locked square has a dock in it, you can use a raft there to unlock the locked square.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
7 Little Mac vs DK,
Final Destination,
Little Macs are LV 9 with max attack,
Good luck.
ROSALINA ONLY 8-PLAYER FFA BATTLE
ALL ITEMS AT MAX FREQUENCY
SMALLEST STAGE POSSIBLE IN 8PS
LETS GO

Last edited:

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Is it just me or does Mario get stomped in almost every reveal trailer he shows up in?

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
God dammit, why must bull**** speculation return? It should of stayed dead instead of living on.

****ing Mewtwo ruining the tranquility...
I don't know about that, with mewtwo confirmed and Ridley now behind us, the boards seem much more peaceful...For now I suppose though,

Arc Quilava

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snowboos
3DS FC
0748-3092-2840
Switch FC
7015-6523-1723
So. Much. Stuff. I can't comprehend it all at once. I'm so excited, yet so very confused, and I have so many things I want to say, but don't know which ones to say.
Someone help me!

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
So
In the past I said in the Ridley Thread that I saw a man walking by my house with a "Ridley for Smash 4" Shirt.
Just recently, he appeared again.
He looked at me and impersonated Game & Watch, movement wise, for a little bit, waved, and went on his way.
...I FEEL LIKE I'M BEING WATCHED.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Not Greninja's
Only due to interruption but Id count it as a stomp because Mario for some reason thought it would be a good idea to try to shove his flame covered fist into a charizard's mouth. That just screams "Please bite my arm off, I dont like it anymore"

Soul.

Alright, people say I hate speculation. Well, the thing is that I'm not interested in it. Yeah. However, I am glad people are back to thinking stuff after Mewtwo's announcement.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
A couple of questions regarding the livestream:

- If I transfer a custom version of a hidden character like Lucina from 3ds to Wii U, does it automatically unlock them? I hope so.

- Is 8-player Smash only for human players? Can I fight 7 computers or have a couple of my friends take on a few computers together?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I just realized, I'll have to play through All-Star with every character (+Mewtwo) again for the final smash trophies.

For the love of Sakurai, please let my classic trophies unlock by connecting both versions. I don't want to do this again.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
A couple of questions regarding the livestream:

- If I transfer a custom version of a hidden character like Lucina from 3ds to Wii U, does it automatically unlock them? I hope so.

- Is 8-player Smash only for human players? Can I fight 7 computers or have a couple of my friends take on a few computers together?
- I don't know

- No. Yes.

Last edited:

Aurafox1

Smash Cadet
So
In the past I said in the Ridley Thread that I saw a man walking by my house with a "Ridley for Smash 4" Shirt.
Just recently, he appeared again.
He looked at me and impersonated Game & Watch, movement wise, for a little bit, waved, and went on his way.
...I FEEL LIKE I'M BEING WATCHED.
That's the best story I've heard in my life

SSBIx3M

Smash Apprentice
I need someone to answer this to me, I'm a bit confused about the free Mewtwo DLC thing.
On Twitter Nintendo UK they say "promotional period". Does this mean we have to register the game on a certain time or does this doesn't matter?
I already missed my chance to get a free game, because I registered my 3DS already.. :(

Last edited:

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Alright, people say I hate speculation. Well, the thing is that I'm not interested in it. Yeah. However, I am glad people are back to thinking stuff after Mewtwo's announcement.
Oh xSoul-chan you are so tsun tsun. I can just feel the turn away and blush at the end of this post.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I need someone to answer this to me, I'm a bit confused about the free Mewtwo DLC thing.
On Nintendo UK they say "promotional period". Does this mean we have to register the game on a certain time or does this doesn't matter?
I already missed my chance to get a free game, because I registered my 3DS already.. :(
I would imagine Mewtwo won't be free forever. But he comes out in Spring regardless, so if you get both versions and register them with Club Nintendo anytime within the next few months I'm sure it will be fine.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'd much rather have the smell of hype and happiness than sad people.
And this is exactly why we were telling you to stop complaining about Ridley/Big 3 yesterday. We want to be hyped and enjoy our games instead of listening to your bile... this goes to Magnes3D and anyone else who got so butthurt 2 months ago from the August leaks that they spewed venom and got banned. But I guess misery loves company, right?

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Ah, the benefits of getting both versions.

I have the soundtrack CDs with 72 songs to look forward to AND I get Mewtwo for free when he comes out.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I would imagine Mewtwo won't be free forever. But he comes out in Spring regardless, so if you get both versions and register them with Club Nintendo anytime within the next few months I'm sure it will be fine.
AAAAND There goes Mewtwo's competitive Viability.
Not every console is going to have Mewtwo. :V

SSBIx3M

Smash Apprentice
That sounds logical. Thinking about it, it would be unfair if my worries were true.
But you never know. I'll wait a bit longer until they go into more details, I guess.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Wow, I just got my thread back...

I just want to thanks the mods for doing this because now, I love this site even more with this thread back...I might love mewtwo because of it :)

So, for everyone who wants to support Paper Mario, just a thing, I;m back and I will continue to firmly support him so much, but without any deadlines preventing me to better support.

For those who wants to leave a welcome back message, here's the thread:

http://smashboards.com/threads/infinite-potential-paper-mario-for-ssb4-we-are-back.324473/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom