• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Can we stop talking about Ridley?

He's a boss. He has some mechanics similar to players. Blah blah blah. He's not in. Period.

Whining won't change things. Tear drinking is overdone and will only cause pointless flame wars. Seriously, cut the crap about Ridley.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Did you completely miss the part where it said you get Mewtwo for free if you have both versions?

Get off your high horse, and stop complaining about DLC at EVERY opportunity when Nintendo is handling it well.

Also, changes can be made to characters. Why don't you, you know, wait to ACTUALLY SEE HIM before complaining about how he was 13 years ago compared to now?
I don't give a damn that it's free, it's still a bloody waste of time and money. They failed miserably to put their best foot forward, and now it's confirmed that we're getting a bunch of useless crap from here on out.

Bloody hell...

On bright side, if anyone wants a code for downloading Mewtwo, I can provide. I'm not using it that's for sure.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, Mewtwo's Final Smash would obviously be one of his Mega Evolutions if that's the name. I'm not a Pokémon guy so I don't know much about that.
Probably Mega Mewtwo Y. :troll:

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
The Ridley fans will never be poked enough, since they insisted on being so obnoxious about his "DEFINITE" inclusion in the game. The fact that many of them refused to believe he was de-confirmed as a fighter after the April Direct, and deluded themselves into thinking Sakurai was simply "teasing Ridley" when he obviously WAS NOT, has ground my gears for lo these many months, and now that its "official" (just like it was in April) I'm going to savor the flavor of their tears for as long as I can.
Did you join this forum just to ***** and moan about things you saw when you were lurking? If so, shut the hell up or leave. You have no right, plus, Ridley was never definite, but he was a favorite among this community.
I don't give a damn that it's free, it's still a bloody waste of time and money. They failed miserably to put their best foot forward, and now it's confirmed that we're getting a bunch of useless crap from here on out.

Bloody hell...

On bright side, if anyone wants a code, I can provide. I'm not using it that's for sure.
You, too. You need to chill and wait to see how things turn out before gabbing on about **** you don't fully understand. And I know other people feel the same way as me.

Last edited:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
At least he seems to lumber around the stage like he was a fighter, giving a glimpse of what he possibly would be like. Maybe Sakurai was doing it as some sort of test to see if Ridley would work.

Soul.

While this is off topic, let me say something.

Smash 3DS is getting another patch. Most likely because of Mewtwo and potential addition of features?

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Also, I'm naming my Charizard "Patricia". It was so weird seeing a human name under his her battle portrait in the Smash Tour thingy.

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
You know what grinds my gears? Posts like this. They're all so aggressively hateful to every fan of a character and add nothing to any conversation, and are essentially just flame baiting. I'm sick of it.
I feel like your response was just as pointless as mine, and I was sick of people refusing to acknowledge the evidence that a character (no matter how wanted) was not part of the roster. But that didn't stop the "Ridely is def in, Sakurai just bein' Sakurai" posts, many of which were way more aggressive than what I just posted. So yeah, I'm really feeling this deconfirmation (again).

Be grateful he's in the game at all.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
At least he seems to lumber around the stage like he was a fighter, giving a glimpse of what he possibly would be like. Maybe Sakurai was doing it as some sort of test to see if Ridley would work.
We can have optimism, but it's highly unlikely. Then again, Sakurai logic.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
The Ridley fans will never be poked enough, since they insisted on being so obnoxious about his "DEFINITE" inclusion in the game. The fact that many of them refused to believe he was de-confirmed as a fighter after the April Direct, and deluded themselves into thinking Sakurai was simply "teasing Ridley" when he obviously WAS NOT, has ground my gears for lo these many months, and now that its "official" (just like it was in April) I'm going to savor the flavor of their tears for as long as I can.
It's over. We (along with the Ridley fans) have moved on, and you should too.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Oh yeah. Mewtwo can learn Aura Sphere though. Of course, it'll most likely retain Shadow Ball.
Hopefully Disable / Confusion / Teleport receive buffs, if not removed in favor of other moves.
Teleport can return but Disable and Confusion should be removed for Psystrike and... something else.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

Bloody hell...

On bright side, if anyone wants a code for downloading Mewtwo, I can provide. I'm not using it that's for sure.
I worry about you sometimes, dude.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
While this is off topic, let me say something.

Smash 3DS is getting another patch. Most likely because of Mewtwo and potential addition of features?
I would assume it has to do with the Wii U connectivity.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Guess you didn't read this post, did you?

As long as I'm here infracting people/as long as the "why do people not like" character type discussion~

Anyone tomorrow caught playing the typical schadenfreude/"delicious tears/hahaha take that delusional ___ fans" will not be tolerated whatsoever, nor anyone purposely antagonizing/tagging any specific individual or group of users. Those of you guilty of this before or planning on doing this anyway (you know who you are) should not be surprised to receive harsher than usual warning/infractions.

This goes for any disconfirmed character, feature, debunked leak, whatever.
Oh well. Your loss.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I feel like your response was just as pointless as mine, and I was sick of people refusing to acknowledge the evidence that a character (no matter how wanted) was not part of the roster. But that didn't stop the "Ridely is def in, Sakurai just bein' Sakurai" posts, many of which were way more aggressive than what I just posted. So yeah, I'm really feeling this deconfirmation (again).
Be grateful he's in the game at all.
You misunderstood my post. I don't care about Ridley. Never have.
But the whole "salty tears" thing is overdone and was never funny, cute, or anything in between. So stop. You gain nothing from them being wrong about Ridley. I hope you have nothing else to say, because I'm putting anyone who comes here to flame on ignore.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
May as well take a stroll through the hallowed halls of the character threads. I'll start with... Oh wait, you probably know which one I started with. TEE HEE

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So I just noticed the character discussion forums are back.
Oh how wonderful, we have been shoved back into the speculation period.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
2 words to summerize my feelings on this "extravaganza"
Go to 9:25 if it doesn't work
Somebody PLEASE make a separate sound clip of the announcer saying this.

While I'm on the topic of the announcer... Choosing him to be the one doing this was an incredibly good decision. Seriously, I love this video SO much!
No seriously, I NEEEEEEEED a sound clip of that "OH YEAH!" That was just amazing. What's his name? Xander Mobus or something. I dunno, but whoever he is, he needs:
1. Tons of compliments
2. A loud thank you!
3. A nice pat on the back
4. A raise.

I just can't get over how much I love his announcer voice. It's so good. SO good.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Can I just say I love Master Fortress?
It reminds me of this:

ruins_3_by_kireekpso-d3ifxsj.jpg

Ruins 3 from Phantasy Star Online, one of my favorite games. Exploring the heart of the beast to defeat it's source.

Last edited:

Soul.

Teleport can return but Disable and Confusion should be removed for Psystrike and... something else.
Oh, right. Mewtwo's Final Smash is obviously going to be its Mega Evolution. Whether it is Mega Mewtwo X or Mega Mewtwo Y, though....I don't know.
I would assume it has to do with the Wii U connectivity.
That could be. If they add more features to the game with the patch, that would be nice.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I for one am happy at the idea of new characters.

May I get some of my request characters? Maybe maybe not.

Will we get more then Mewtwo?...Probably not.

But still, it's fun the idea is still there to me. I love my own personal speculations. Even if sharing them often leads to disaster.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Can I just say I love Master...uh, Maze or whatever it's called?
It reminds me of this:

View attachment 28105

Ruins 3 from Phantasy Star Online, one of my favorite games. Exploring the heart of the beast to defeat it's source.
Yeah, that does kinda look like Master Fortress.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Oh, right. Mewtwo's Final Smash is obviously going to be its Mega Evolution. Whether it is Mega Mewtwo X or Mega Mewtwo Y, though....I don't know.

That could be. If they add more features to the game with the patch, that would be nice.
I'm betting Y cause like Charizard X it doesn't look too similar to their normal form.

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
Well, I just watched the direct and- MEWTWO!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! :love:

Anyway, my Mewtwo fanboying aside, I had good laugh when I saw that Ridley basically acts like a giant character. :laugh:

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
I am thoroughly impressed by the new Stage Builder.
Now that we have more control over stage builder, I wonder if we can get custom stages accepted as competitive-legal stage designs. It'd be nice to add some variety to the legal stages already on the Wii U, plus sharing built stages will make it easier than ever to ensure that every setup at a tournament has all the necessary choices.

I'm excited about the implications for a wider stage variety than the traditional base and 1/2/3 platforms.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I am so hyped right now.
You want to know the best part? If there are more hidden characters in the Wii U version, I won't be spoiled. Not necessarily expecting that, though. But it is a nice assurance.

D

Deleted member

If there's one thing I can commend about the Mewtwo reveal, it's that they were able to reveal him without him being leaked beforehand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom