• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeonS4

Smash Cadet
NNID
NeonS5
3DS FC
3351-4072-5555

Powersave release hacks for Smash 4 including equipment hack and challenges hacks (There will never be online hacks so don't worry).

In other news... is there any Hyrule Warrior fans who feel like their will be DLC for Smash including a new Zelda character (Impa/Lana) OR costumes based of HW? Such as Ganondorf with the long hair and Link in his Trainee armor.

AND is there any UK/Europe members here with good internet? I'm looking for sparring partners in Sm4sh 3DS so msg your FC to me if you want to spar a bit!

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team

Powersave release hacks for Smash 4 including equipment hack and challenges hacks (There will never be online hacks so don't worry).

In other news... is there any Hyrule Warrior fans who feel like their will be DLC for Smash including a new Zelda character (Impa/Lana) OR costumes based of HW? Such as Ganondorf with the long hair and Link in his Trainee armor.

AND is there any UK/Europe members here with good internet? I'm looking for sparring partners in Sm4sh 3DS so msg your FC to me if you want to spar a bit!
Where can I buy it?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

Guys
that means we can get +0 -0 Smooth Landing Gear
CALL DA COMPETITIVE PEEPS

Themandme

Smash Ace
NNID
shadowthehegehog
3DS FC
3222-5798-4330

i need the sakurai qr code

NeonS4

Smash Cadet
NNID
NeonS5
3DS FC
3351-4072-5555
Is it true if that you go online, your 3DS will get banned?
No, I've used some hacks such as Coin hacks and Equipment hack for offline play such as classic mode on 9.0 and nothing has happened. And I've been online after using the hacks on for Glory and nothing has happened, plays like normal.

BUT I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND using any hacked equipment or anything hacked online. Incase you get insta-banned.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So after trying out Mega Man's custom moves, I got to say, the Danger Wrap is ****ing awesome. It's not as strong as Smash Attacks or the Mega Upper. But kind of like the Top Spin, it can kill in higher percents. I'm kind of wishing it was his Standard Side B attack.

Mornin', Smashboards.

What's going on?
Not much. For some reason, the game won't let me go online.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
So, I just found out that all Kid Icarus: Uprising characters except Pit and Dark Pit had their English language voice actors replaced. Overall, the substitutes sound good and close to the originals, but it isn't the same thing.

It's kind of disappointing, considering the Fire Emblem: Awakening characters got all VAs back except for female Robin. Same for the Xenoblade characters and Doc Louis, as well as Lucario getting his original VA from the movie.

The Japanese version managed to get a higher degree of consistency, but still props to the localization team for trying to get all the original VAs back for this game, or finding good replacements in order to keep the characters as true to their games as possible.
Lucario's wasn't the same back in Brawl and he was consistent for being the VA for Lucario in the anime.

But then again That was around the time 4kids was having the license taken away so that partly might be why

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I swear there's another voice than Viridi at the end of the trailer, just before Dark Pit appears.
During the teaser or before the teaser?

I swear it follows like this:

-After Palutena shows her moves-
Pit: "You don't have to prove anything to me, Lady Palutena!"
Viridi: "Hmph, looks like only angels talk big!"
Palutena: "Many worthy foes are gathered here, and I won't hold back on anyone!"
-Smash Bros. logo-
Palutena: *spins staff and sighs*
-Dark Pit appears-
Palutena: "Dark Pit, you just dropped in to crash my party?"
Dark Pit: "Uh-uh."

No other lines besides those.

Really? She sounds the same to me. If anything, Male Robin does not sound like voice 1.
Female Robin's voice options were provided by Michelle Ruff and Wendee Lee in Awakening. She's voiced by Lauren Landa in Smash.

Male Robin's voice option #1 was done by David Vincent, who also does his voice in Smash. He sounds the same, especially when in the trailer he yells the "Time to tip the scales!" line, which sounds nearly identical to the critical quote.

Lucario's wasn't the same back in Brawl and he was consistent for being the VA for Lucario in the anime.

But then again That was around the time 4kids was having the license taken away so that partly might be why
In the Japanese version, Lucario in Smash always shared the movie Lucario's voice actor (Daisuke Namikawa). Other Lucarios were voiced by different people, as far as I know.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
During the teaser or before the teaser?

I swear it follows like this:

-After Palutena shows her moves-
Pit: "You don't have to prove anything to me, Lady Palutena!"
Viridi: "Hmph, looks like only angels talk big!"
Palutena: "Many worthy foes are gathered here, and I won't hold back on anyone!"
-Smash Bros. logo-
Palutena: *spins staff and sighs*
-Dark Pit appears-
Palutena: "Dark Pit, you just dropped in to crash my party?"
Dark Pit: "Uh-uh."

No other lines besides those.
Thank you for giving me the answer. I've been living in a lie since her trailer, thinking it meant something Hades is the only major character not appearing in the trailer. Damn you, ears!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Dark Pit and Shulk have the best victory themes, hands down.

The Zelda and Fire Emblem series characters are close, though.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Shulk I'll agree on. But c'mon, Bowser, Meta-Knight and Mega Man have some have some of the best themes too. I'm also rather fond of the Metroid win theme.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Shulk I'll agree on. But c'mon, Bowser, Meta-Knight and Mega Man have some have some of the best themes too. I'm also rahter fond of the Metroid win theme.
I agree. Meta Knight, Bowser and Mega Man are also very good.

But Shulk's is still the best.

Lord of Boxes

Smash Rookie
I just put the beam sword badge on my Medic Mii Gunner.

Holy crap that thing has range when put on a mii gunner, The size of the smash attack swing is literally the half or 2/3 the size of battlefield!

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

I still wish Doc had a Dr. Mario-themed Victory.
My CPU has no Sound-Chip, so I'll just take a page from Brentalfloss and say the corresponding "Lyrics" to the part of the song that would best suit Doc's Victory theme, remixed, of course;
"Bright-ly col-ored pills, they cure all your ills, just as long as you've got Fever or the Chills!"

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
If I had to rank the Victory Themes from favorite to less:
  • Shulk.
  • Fire Emblem characters.
  • Mega Man.
  • Dark Pit.
  • Ness.
  • Meta Knight.
  • Rosalina.
  • Bowser and Bowser Jr.
  • Ice Climbers.
  • Wii Fit Trainer.
  • Duck Hunt.
  • Mario characters.
  • Pac-Man.
  • Pokémon characters.
  • Pit and Palutena.
  • Zelda characters.
  • Mr. Game & Watch.
  • Snake.
  • Miis.
  • Little Mac.
  • Samus and ZSS.
  • Kirby and King Dedede.
  • Fox and Falco.
  • R.O.B.
  • Captain Falcon.
  • Wario.
  • Sonic.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
  • Shulk.
  • Mega Man.
  • Dark Pit.
  • Ness.
  • Meta Knight.
  • Rosalina.
  • Bowser and Bowser Jr.
  • Wii Fit Trainer.
  • Duck Hunt.
  • Mario characters.
  • Pac-Man.
  • Pokémon characters.
  • Pit and Palutena.
  • Zelda characters.
  • Mr. Game & Watch.
  • Miis.
  • Little Mac.
  • Samus and ZSS.
  • Kirby and King Dedede.
  • Fox and Falco.
  • Captain Falcon.
  • Wario.
:4rob:?

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
  • Shulk.
  • Mega Man.
  • Dark Pit.
  • Ness.
  • Meta Knight.
  • Rosalina.
  • Bowser and Bowser Jr.
  • Wii Fit Trainer.
  • Duck Hunt.
  • Mario characters.
  • Pac-Man.
  • Pokémon characters.
  • Pit and Palutena.
  • Zelda characters.
  • Mr. Game & Watch.
  • Miis.
  • Little Mac.
  • Samus and ZSS.
  • Kirby and King Dedede.
  • Fox and Falco.
  • R.O.B.
  • Captain Falcon.
  • Wario.
How could you put Captain Falcon's so low? Can't you feel the storm while hearing it?

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
Just got all of Link's specials. Only 46 more characters to go. Yaaaaay...

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I still wish Doc had a Dr. Mario-themed Victory.
My CPU has no Sound-Chip, so I'll just take a page from Brentalfloss and say the corresponding "Lyrics" to the part of the song that would best suit Doc's Victory theme, remixed, of course;
"Bright-ly col-ored pills, they cure all your ills, just as long as you've got Fever or the Chills!"
It would be cool if in the next Smash (not the Wii U one) all playable characters have their own victory theme. Although for some it's harder to come up with. Like the different Pokémon.

And kind of a shame my two favorite victory themes both aren't in this game. Ness' old one and Ice Climbers.
I also prefer Falcon's Melee one over his current.
Not gonna rank them because that's too difficult for me, but I think my favorite one is the DHD one. I like it you can still hear the 8-bit music in it.

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
How could you put Captain Falcon's so low? Can't you feel the storm while hearing it?
Personal tastes, I guess.

With all respect to our old and loved Douglas J. Falcon, I've never been fond of it, neither since I played Melee at first with him, or when I tried in SSB64 or in Brawl.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I have specials for 34 more characters left to go. On the plus side, I finished getting all the Smash Powers for one challenge and have two left...

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
R.O.B. be so low.
2low4me
Do you not feel the Energy behind R.O.B.'s Victory Theme?
Sure, it doesn't fit him...at all...but it's still awesome.
But hey, that's just my Opinion. You don't need to listen to it. :3

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Not gonna rank them because that's too difficult for me, but I think my favorite one is the DHD one. I like it you can still hear the 8-bit music in it.
I LOVE Duck Hunt's Victory Theme. So much Energy and Vigor, along with 8-Bit Goodness. And I LOVE 8-Bit music. Ducktales and Mega Man are great examples of what you can do with 8-Bit Music.
But I ALWAYS forget how it goes. I remember the last part always, but the beggining (The 8-Bit part, no less.) always slips my mind. XD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom