• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
OH MY GO-
*checks SSB4 website*
...SHIET.
I had another one of those Reality Dreams again.
Gaaaaaaaaaaaahh
I want Geno back. =n=

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So, I just found out that all Kid Icarus: Uprising characters except Pit and Dark Pit had their English language voice actors replaced. Overall, the substitutes sound good and close to the originals, but it isn't the same thing.

It's kind of disappointing, considering the Fire Emblem: Awakening characters got all VAs back except for female Robin. Same for the Xenoblade characters and Doc Louis, as well as Lucario getting his original VA from the movie.

The Japanese version managed to get a higher degree of consistency, but still props to the localization team for trying to get all the original VAs back for this game, or finding good replacements in order to keep the characters as true to their games as possible.

So who voices Viridi in this game?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I 100% Kirby Fighter Deluxe just now.
Yay, I guess.
Still don't have Smash Bros.
:\

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
How many matches you got? Having 50% win rate is good when you have fought like 250+ matches.
242 matches. I guess most of my matches have been insanely easy, the characters I play are too good, and/or I'm just great at this game lol.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So, for some reason whenever I'm trying to go online today, the game says it has a communication error and boots me back to the 3DS main menu. Suffice to say I'm annoyed. There wasn't another update right? I don't remember seeing one after the conquest mode thing.

It's pretty annoying. I wonder if there's anything wrong with my system. Or if it had to do with me deleting my demo. Though I doubt that.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Oh, Im sorry about that then :p I just dont want to see her of all people before any other Zelda character.

If necessary Im willing to meet half-way and support Cia.
inb4 M-Rated Smash Bros. :troll:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
One source says she's the same, another source says it's Julie Parker.
It's the latter.

The only VA from Uprising that returned is Antony Del Rio as Pit and Dark Pit. And even so, he's uncredited for some reason.

Oddly enough, Laura Bailey was uncredited in Fire Emblem: Awakening, but is credited in this game. She voices Lucina.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
OH MY GOSH, A NEW MEGAMAN GAME!
:troll:

At least they care I guess?
It's kind of disappointing, considering the Fire Emblem: Awakening characters got all VAs back except for female Robin. Same for the Xenoblade characters and Doc Louis, as well as Lucario getting his original VA from the movie.
Really? She sounds the same to me. If anything, Male Robin does not sound like voice 1.
So you can use mugshots of any Assist Trophy as an avatar for online play in Smash 4.
Also Chrom.

Not sure what to think of it, but I used Midna without hesitation.
But Ghirahim.:sadeyes:

Also I want to thank whoever made the GIF in my sig. Really helped with HRC.

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
I looked at the list of Assist Trophies and there are too many good choices... which kinda reminded me how much better some of these characters are as opposed to some new playable ones, lol.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
It's the latter.

The only VA from Uprising that returned is Antony Del Rio as Pit and Dark Pit. And even so, he's uncredited for some reason.

Oddly enough, Laura Bailey was uncredited in Fire Emblem: Awakening, but is credited in this game. She voices Lucina.
Speaking of KI/Smash VA's, do you by any chance know who voiced Medusa in Palutena's trailer? I can't seem to find it and my hearing isn't good enough to confirm whether it's Cree Summer or not.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of KI/Smash VA's, do you by any chance know who voiced Medusa in Palutena's trailer? I can't seem to find it and my hearing isn't good enough to confirm whether it's Cree Summer or not.
You mean Viridi, right? Medusa isn't in Palutena's trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom