• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I LOVE Duck Hunt's Victory Theme. So much Energy and Vigor, along with 8-Bit Goodness. And I LOVE 8-Bit music. Ducktales and Mega Man are great examples of what you can do with 8-Bit Music.
Eh, I'll admit, while Duck Tales and Mega Man are okay, I find there are other songs which show just as well if not better what an 8-bit console can do.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I LOVE Duck Hunt's Victory Theme. So much Energy and Vigor, along with 8-Bit Goodness. And I LOVE 8-Bit music. Ducktales and Mega Man are great examples of what you can do with 8-Bit Music.
But I ALWAYS forget how it goes. I remember the last part always, but the beggining (The 8-Bit part, no less.) always slips my mind. XD
Such a shame the victory themes aren't in the Sound Test. Unless you listen to them on YouTube, you can never hear the vanilla tunes.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Such a shame the victory themes aren't in the Sound Test. Unless you listen to them on YouTube, you can never hear the vanilla tunes.
Wait, you can't?
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGUS. >:\

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Eh, I'll admit, while Duck Tales and Mega Man are okay, I find there are other songs which show just as well if not better what an 8-bit console can do.
There's more to that than just pushing the hardware limitations. NES songs don't necessarily need to push hardware in order to be great. However that is your opinion so I respect it.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Do we have the definitive 2nd Unlock Method for the Characters yet?
Like, the Non-Smash Mode Method?
Because I wanna unlock my mains (Duck Hunt, G&W, Bowser Jr. and Dr. Mario) first thing, WITHOUT DOING FRIGGEN 110 MATCHES. I know you can just suicide-spam, but I like dem legit ways.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
There's more to that than just pushing the hardware limitations. NES songs don't necessarily need to push hardware in order to be great. However that is your opinion so I respect it.
I completely understand that. And don't get me wrong, they're good songs. There's a reason people talk about them. But whenever I always hear people proclaiming they're "the greatest music ever made on a NES", to me there's others that I find to be better.
Then again, music really does come down to tastes in the end. So to each their own.

Because I wanna unlock my mains (Duck Hunt, G&W, Bowser Jr. and Dr. Mario) first thing, WITHOUT DOING FRIGGEN 110 MATCHES. I know you can just suicide-spam, but I like dem legit ways.
Last time I checked it's Classic or bust.
Dr. Mario and Bowser Jr. are easy to get early on (heck, the former was my first unlock). You get Duck Hunt and G&W though playing Classic mode a certain amount of times (eight and ten respectively). It's either that or versus matches.

Mikey Da Bawse

Smash Cadet
NNID
MikeyDaBawse
3DS FC
5129-1447-8505
Random question to the people looking at this thread, but has anyone noticed weird lag patterns for matches or is it just me?
For some reason, whenever I play against a Link or Toon Link, the matchup lags.
Every other character I've played against has had minimal to no lag at all.

*Note* All matches took place over Wi-Fi, and the sample size is from Smash with friends, and 1-on-1 For Glory matches.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Pretty sure it goes like this:
- Ness: Clear Classic for the first time.
- Dark Pit: Clear Classic with 3 different characters.
- Duck Hunt Duo: Clear Classic with 8 different characters.
- Mr. Game & Watch: Clear Classic with 10 different characters.
- Falco: Clear Classic without using continues.
- Dr. Mario: Clear Classic as Mario on Intensity 4.0 or higher.
- Lucina: Clear Classic as Marth without using continues.
- Ganondorf: Clear Classic as Link or Zelda on Intensity 5.0 or higher.
- Bowser Jr.: Clear Classic as Bowser on Intensity 6.0 or higher.
- Jigglypuff: Collect 30 custom parts.
- R.O.B.: Collect 200 trophies.
- Wario: Clear 100-Man Smash for the first time.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Dr. Mario's unlock Method said:
As Mario or Mr. Game & Watch, clear Classic Mode on intensity 4.0 or higher (?)
I THINK THE GAME IS TRYING TO TELL ME SOMETHING :gw:
Thank god I'm practicing my Mario game on the Demo.
I'm not the best when it comes to Classic Mode. XD (Says the man who beat Classic on Intense with :gw: without taking any damage in Brawl, mid-tier my Pittoo-tie)
As for Bowser Jr.'s Unlock Method, however...
Time to spam Side-Smash with MAD DOG Bowser. :4bowser:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So I think I've finally gotten an idea of how to tackle maining. As of right now I plan on sticking with Mario, but I've always liked the idea of Dr. Mario (a stronger Mario), so I plan on using my knowledge (or soon to be) of Mario to get better with the Doc. As while they have differences, they both still share similarities. And I can work off of that.

In regards to other mains (like secondaries), I have ideas for what to do, but for right now I plan on getting good with Mario/Dr. Mario and then working on the others. Currently the only non-Mario main I'm trying out is Mr. G&W, though the others I've been interested in are Pac-Man, Toon Link (especially for Little Mac players), ROB, Miis (specifically Gunner and Brawler), Duck Hunt Duo, Bowser Jr., Olimar, and Pit/Dark Pit.

As of right now it's pretty much learning how they work, how the moves work, basic combos, and going from there. I also hope to learn the community. Since doing it alone is not the best thing for someone like me to do. Other than that, not much else.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I'm not the best when it comes to Classic Mode. XD (Says the man who beat Classic on Intense with :gw: without taking any damage in Brawl, mid-tier my Pittoo-tie)
Intense Classic is harder than Classic 7.0, even when you have two lives per stage. I went in without any New Bowser-experience at all and I defeated Master Core (which is optional at 7.0) first try.
And Bowser Jr. is apparently 6.0. That must be a real walk in the park for you, then.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Pretty sure the Mr. Game & Watch requirement to unlock Dr. Mario is bull.

Then again, you can unlock Dr. Mario as Mario, so he could be one of the very first characters to unlock.

Also, if you meet two character unlock criteria at once, the unlocks will "stack". You will face one of them, and the other will appear right after any match afterwards.

So, in an absurd situation, if you clear Classic without any continues for the first time as the third character and you happen to be playing as Marth and collected 200 trophies meanwhile, you will have Lucina, Dark Pit, R.O.B. and Falco all waiting for you. You face one of them and for the next three games, the other three characters will challenge you.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
:4falco::4darkpit::4drmario: unlocked!

Today I was facing Master and Crazy Hand as Palutena. I killed Master Hand while he was in the middle of his card attack... but then one of the cards lifted me up to my doom all while Crazy Hand was flipping me off.

So how was your day?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So I just got the Mario Cap. All I'm missing now is Wario and Waluigi's and I'll have the whole set. Though I don't know how many hats there's in total. There's got to be a baseball cap right? Because that's what I'm looking for.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Playing For Glory again, got around a ten game winning streak against someone from Japan.

Olimar, I'm sorry I ever doubted you...

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Ah I see, that's what I thought.
It's a little odd the the regular 3DS can't do that. ;-;
Smash 3DS is performance-heavy for the 3DS. That's why, everytime you go to Home from Smash, the 3DS has to reboot. It simply can't handle being on Smash 3DS and Miiverse at the same time.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
So I just heard the new voices for the Star Fox Crew in Smash through the power of Youtube
Fox sounds like OVA Sonic
Falco sounds like Sly Cooper
Wolf is silent, for some reason. Almost like he's stiff as a trophy. *fires shots*

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Ah I see, that's what I thought.
It's a little odd the the regular 3DS can't do that. ;-;
Not odd at all: hardware limitations. This game uses so much resources that even system features like the internet browser and Miiverse can't run at the same time.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Maybe Sakurai should win an award for making a game that uses up all of a console's performance power. Shows what he knows about taking full advantage of a console's hardware.

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Zelda is a really terrible character for Smash Run. I still won, but it was 5 long, suffering minutes.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
IDK if Pit's voice is the same as from KIU but he reminds me of a character from an anime

I can't figure it out, but I know I heard it before.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't want to get anyone's hope up

...But there is a rumored "Mega Exploud"

At least a maybe rumored one. As in a "leaker" didn't know if it was for sure or not

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I do it for the 'Get in first place in Smash Run with all characters' challenge. Don't want to use a hammer for it, because it's not hard. Just annoying.
I used the hammer on it, albeit the only hammer I've used.

It just seems too time consuming for me, especially with almost 50 characters to do it with it. The worst part is the final battle, 'cos if you have the wrong character or the wrong stat boosts for it, you have to go through Smash Run until you win with said character.

Ain't nobody got time fo' dat. >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom