• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Here's an interesting topic. Let's say Smash was like a popular sport or something, and all the people who play smash have appearance music like Larry Walker of the Colorado Rockies always had Crazy Train by Ozzie Ozzborne as his appearance music, what would yours be?

Mine would be "Enter Sandman" by Metallica

Sorry Tewn, I like Metallica better than Nickelback
I guess mine would be, "Out of the Silent Planet" by Iron Maiden.

D

Deleted member

Here's an interesting topic. Let's say Smash was like a popular sport or something, and all the people who play smash have appearance music like Larry Walker of the Colorado Rockies always had Crazy Train by Ozzie Ozzborne as his appearance music, what would yours be?

Is VGM accepted? :troll:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
It could be possible. Heck, they tried with Just Dance.
Emphasis on "tried".
Can't watch videos right now, but I know what you're talking about. -3-;

Never got into those types of games. I liked Guitar Hero for a little while, but if I want to hear music- which is why I played it- I'd just rip it and listen to it on my music device. *shrug*

Not gonna lie- I miss those days. I had internet at my house and I could play TF2. *rambles away*

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Talking about customs, at the moment here's how many I have per character:
  • :4mario: Complete
  • :4luigi: None
  • :4peach: 2/8
  • :4bowser: 2/8
  • :4yoshi: 2/8
  • :rosalina: 5/8
  • :4bowserjr: None
  • :4wario: None
  • :4gaw: 1/8
  • :4dk: None
  • :4diddy: 3/8
  • :4link: 3/8
  • :4zelda: 1/8
  • :4sheik: 1/8
  • :4ganondorf: None
  • :4tlink: 5/8
  • :4samus: None
  • :4zss: 2/8
  • :4pit: None
  • :4marth: 3/8
  • :4myfriends: 2/8
  • :4robinm: 1/8
  • :4kirby: 1/8
  • :4dedede: 1/8
  • :4metaknight: 1/8
  • :4littlemac: 3/8
  • :4fox: 1/8
  • :4falco: 1/8
  • :4pikachu: 1/8
  • :4charizard: 1/8
  • :4lucario: None
  • :4jigglypuff: 2/8
  • :4greninja: 2/8
  • :4duckhunt: 1/8
  • :4rob: None
  • :4ness: 2/8
  • :4falcon: 1/8
  • :4villager: 3/8
  • :4olimar: None
  • :4wiifit: 2/8
  • :4drmario: 2/8
  • :4darkpit: 1/8
  • :4lucina: 4/8
  • :4shulk: 1/8
  • :4pacman: 2/8
  • :4megaman: 1/8
  • :4sonic: 1/8
:4palutena:, :4miibrawl:, :4miisword: and :4miigun: already have them from the start, so they don't count.

Man, the way I have to go is long.

Soul.

Alright so I went to the Reddit boards. The New 3DS' C-Stick is responsive.
ZR is locked to grab, ZL is locked to shield. You can charge Smash attacks with it too.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I've just realized something about Sticks:

They both wield boomerangs, have a similar hairstyle, and are owned by Sega. Coincidence? I think not!

Maybe the producers were huge fans of Skies of Arcadia. :troll:

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Watching anime while playing Smash Run with no volume was a bad idea. Twice an Orne appears out of nowhere and kills me because I obviously can't hear the music when it's muted.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

I reminded of one thing:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

They both wield boomerangs, have a similar hairstyle, and are owned by Sega. Coincidence? I think not!

You are SOOOO behind. ¦D

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

That'd actually be a neat nod to another Sega franchise. Maybe we'll get a Shenmue looking character next. :troll:

ToadsterOven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ToadsterOven
3DS FC
3711-6996-2029
Alright so I went to the Reddit boards. The New 3DS' C-Stick is responsive.
ZR is locked to grab, ZL is locked to shield. You can charge Smash attacks with it too.
I might save up for the new 3DS whenever they come stateside. Pulling off aerial attacks can be a bit slow without a C stick option.

In other news, I'll be running my first ever 16 man online tournament tomorrow starting from 10:30 AM CT! Well scratch that, it will probably be more like 13 man tournament as 3 of the 16 combatants who signed up STILL haven't checked in on the tournament's Challonge page which is a requirement as stated in my tournament's rules and guidelines. Failure to check in before the thing starts means you forfeit the right to compete! It is mostly whatever though and if I had thought of it sooner this week, I would have made a reserves sign up sheet in case something like this happened, but I can always do that the next time I host an online tournament of any sort! :idea:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Anyone knows if Metroids can be beaten in SmashRun? I've encountered those guys a few and, God, they're annoying.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Anyone knows if Metroids can be beaten in SmashRun? I've encountered those guys a few and, God, they're annoying.
Ice Beam and missile... Oh wait, we're talking about SSB... Uh... Shoot them dead? If you don't have projectiles then... Run?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Yes, they can, but they're VERY durable. I would suggest rolling constantly to avoid it if you're going to fight it.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Oh man, I had so much fun today. Lemme tell you guys 'bout it.
BUT FIRST, LEMME TAKE A 3DS SELFIE....Is that the word? Selfie? Gah, 2complicated4me
^^Me!^^​

So; Me, My Sister n' my Mom all went to the Fair.
There was all sorts of cool merch', but we went to the rides first. We had Music Express, Wacky Worm (10/10 would bang *sarcasm*), Haunted Mansion (which was 4 babies), the Scrambler, Alien Abduction and the Hangglider, to name a few. We got some fries and went inside to see the merch' that was in there.
My Sis found a nice Belt Buckle of Pinky from the Arcade PAC-MAN, and I got the Pikachu Plushie you see in my little "selfie" up there. Mom had nothing but 100 Bucks to spend (AND I STILL DON'T HAVE SSB4) which is how we got such things.
After we went on so much rides we were metaphorically drunk, we went on the Ferris Wheel (and let me tell you, I'm awfully afraid of heights), me n' my sis went on the Music Express and Hanglider once more, and we went home.
We got there ~6:30 and left ~10:00, and now we are home, and I have a Pikachu to hold in my arms.
Well allow me to say.

You look nothing like I imagined you to be.

We need to talk more.

Last edited:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Of course, after Space Channel 5: Part 3 and the new Alex Kidd finish development :troll:
Yo, Space Channel 5's awesome... and some other classics like Jet Set Radio. Or older ones like Ristar. Wtf, so many great IPs that probably may never receive new games...

But I would really love to see a sequel to Sonic 3D Blast. Used to play the **** outta that game on my father's Saturn back in the day (and NiGHTS!). Label it as "bad" you want, but the Saturn was a big part of my childhood. Plus, 3D Blast is pretty fun (and frustrating, yeah it has its flaws). It's like a 3D Flicky... except you're Sonic collecting birds by defeating enemies... and there's no random items to throw... and your health is rings... and there's Chaos Emerald collecting and boss battles... and, well, you get the point haha.

D

Deleted member

I don't even know which New 3DS model is the best to get, either the regular-sized one or the XL.. eh, it's too early to decide.

I just noticed the character discussion boards are locked. Is there a board to discuss general characters? Smash is out and we won't get a new one for awhile, but I still enjoy talking about characters.

I don't think this is the best place to ask really, but I'm not really that great at navigating the boards outsides of the ones I visit.

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
I hear the XL feels more controller-y and generally comfortable, so if I ever have to play Smash on 3DS (like if there's some kind of connectivity between Wii U and 3DS to unlock something), then I'd get a New 3DS XL.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
So I got my online services on the 3DS up and running finally.

I still couldn't get online because I needed to update the game from an eShop download and the 3DS servers were experiencing technical difficulties.

3DS ONLINE WOO

_____

Also, new avatar again since I didn't really like how my last one turned out. This fellow happens to be from a book/graphic novel that isn't exactly all that well known, so I won't be surprised if not many recognize where he's from.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I just noticed the character discussion boards are locked. Is there a board to discuss general characters? Smash is out and we won't get a new one for awhile, but I still enjoy talking about characters.

I don't think this is the best place to ask really, but I'm not really that great at navigating the boards outsides of the ones I visit.
There are a couple of groups:
http://smashboards.com/social-forums/super-smash-bros-dlc-discussion-group.1750/
http://smashboards.com/social-forum...ool-isaac-snake-ice-climbers-wolf-lucas.1740/

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
@Pacack's Appearance music:

D

Deleted member

Mine would either be this or this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom