• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
New Leak:
www.thenintendoexperiment.blogspot.com

When Nintendo said they'd be doing contests for trainer jackets, they left a certain character roster in the picture. I can't find a better picture of it, but the above link is a blog post about it anyway.
Compared to the starting roster CSS pic, this "leak" looks like it has less characters than the starting roster. So I expect nothing.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Same. Only because he wasn't really a true dragon. He was living a lie.

His mega-evolutions, on the other hand, are awesome.
Charizard Y is pretty cool. I'm growing a dislike towards Charizard X because you see him in basically everything Pokémon-related.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
New Leak:
www.thenintendoexperiment.blogspot.com

When Nintendo said they'd be doing contests for trainer jackets, they left a certain character roster in the picture. I can't find a better picture of it, but the above link is a blog post about it anyway.
As MisterVideoGaming said, it looks like the demo roster.

Even from the blurred picture, you can make out that there's only 20 characters, which I think fits the demo.
Sorry, man. Nothing we don't know already.

Last edited:

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Wait why doesn't ESRB get versions of Smash to test that have all the characters unlocked

That must be how Nintendo is sneaking in the racy costumes, by making the characters so hard to unlock ESRB will never know

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I never got why voice acting in Zelda was such a big split with fans. You can still keep Link a mute and have everyone else talk. I'd be interested in hearing what Zelda and especially Ganon would sound like.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Unpopular opinions time: I love Mario's F.L.U.D.D. in both Smash and Sunshine and I DESPISE Mewtwo in both Pokemon and Smash.
Now excuse me while I run.
At least you're honest, I admire that.
Opinions are subjective, and should all be respected, and so I apologize for dissing Dr. Mario.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I never got why voice acting in Zelda was such a big split with fans. You can still keep Link a mute and have everyone else talk. I'd be interested in hearing what Zelda and especially Ganon would sound like.
I dunno, I find text dialogue allows people to give the characters their own voice, for how they imagined it. I think that's what makes Zelda characters special.

Also, I'd be a little dumbstruck if I started hearing Laura Bailey via Zelda and, I dunno, Kevin Michael Richardson via Ganondorf. They'd lose some of their integrity.

Nothing against the VA's talents, they just like to use distinct voices you hear everywhere.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Found an interesting fan poll online. Should the next Zelda have voice acting?
Hmmmm, nah. I dont feel it would fit the series since its tone would require a lot of annoying ,,cartoon'' voices. Plus I like text, lets you focus on the music and everything else in the background instead. Its just that kind of game I feel.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I dunno, the general consensus with most about Zelda games is for all other characters besides Link to receive VA

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Nah, just don't give him a voice that sounds like he's gargled a mouthful of bleach, and most people will be cool with it.
Yeah, but even Miyamoto wants him to be mute. Not exactly sure why. But it makes him stand out a little bit from other protagonists. Even the likes of Mario or Samus, who don't do much talking, can still actually talk.

So i made my self a new avatar,

View attachment 23855

What do you guys think?
He seems very worried. That might be due to the lack of a body.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Bleh.

Anyone here know if it is at all possible to figure out the scale of a map without the map having a scale?

It probably isn't though which would mean I would have to find different maps to use. Blah.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Bleh.

Anyone here know if it is at all possible to figure out the scale of a map without the map having a scale?

It probably isn't though which would mean I would have to find different maps to use. Blah.
You gotta tip the scale.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Wait why doesn't ESRB get versions of Smash to test that have all the characters unlocked

That must be how Nintendo is sneaking in the racy costumes, by making the characters so hard to unlock ESRB will never know
I believe the ESRB only requires to see footage of the most severe cases of content they are required to review for. If the character doesn't really impact the severity of the content they are not required to show it.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I have a question. A relative of mine hopes to try to play Pokemon competitively. But has no knowledge on how it works exactly.
Any tips?

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I have a question. A relative of mine hopes to try to play Pokemon competitively. But has no knowledge on how it works exactly.
Any tips?
Any chance this could help him?

Or tell him to go to Smogon.com. There's also a guide there.
EDIT: The pictures are slightly outdated, though, because they are a gen V guide.
EDIT 2: I can't get the second picture to work...

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm serious. The only tips I am able to give are know the game, learn how the metagame works, and get to know the community. Other then that, I don't know. I haven't played Pokemon in forever, and competitive Pokemon is as foreign to me as it gets.

EDIT: The pictures are slightly outdated, though, because they are a gen V guide.
They broke on my side.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom

Wow.
And I'm just sitting here trying to sweep with a level 100 Greninja.
With no Protean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom