• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
This hype... I'm sad about Ridley, now I'm convinced Sakurai doesn't like him. But then again, I've been known to be wrong. Mewtwo made up for it, though. But since DLC is sort of a thing, the only characters I would want would be Wolf and Lucas. But if it takes them half a year to make one character (albeit new), I can't imagine the wait for the Brawl vets.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
A couple of people are being stupid

They think you have to have both version to be able to download mewtwo

Why he said both versions will have the same roster .

D

Deleted member

Just saw the vid (was out doing things).

Disappointing as it is, it's great that we finally got a definite answer on Ridley.
But two things:
1. Ridley becoming Meta Ridley if taking enough damage? That was unexpected especially since it's Other M's Ridley.
2. Scoring a KO on Ridley shows Brawl Ridley's head. That's a strange oversight.

8-Player Smash seems a little too chaotic for my tastes, especially with the gimmicky stage that is Great Cave Offense...
As for there being a Miiverse stage, a Wrecking Crew stage, and a Wii Sports Resort stage....I ****ing called it. Granted, I didn't expect Wuhu Island since it was already in the Pilotwings stage, but whatever.

And, something that I'm glad I was wrong about; Mewtwo is actually DLC.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I think Mewtwo is free if you have both games (don't know how is that gonna work, but I assume you have to register both games to get a download code or something), but I think you will be able to download him separately, but have to pay.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
So, if Ridley has an icon for when he gets KO, should there be a smilie of him?

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
A couple of people are being stupid

They think you have to have both version to be able to download mewtwo

Why he said both versions will have the same roster .
He said you need both versions to get him free. He never officially said he's available if you don't have both versions, but DLC is possible if you only have one. Gotta wait and see.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
So is anyone hyped over the new music pieces revealed for Wii U?

• Super Mario Galaxy theme.
  • Egg Planet (Super Mario Galaxy)
  • The Great Sea / Menu Select (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns (vocals) - I wonder what kind of vocals it will be...
  • Battle! Champion Cynthia (Pokemon D/P/P) - Sweet god, yes. They made the perfect choice.
  • Route 10 (Pokemon B/W) - Another great Pokemon song choice.
  • Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger - I don't even know this song, but I'm highlighting 'cos it plays on the Pilotwings stage... odd choice.
I'm relieved that there's at least some Wind Waker music. Not seeing a Wind Waker themed stage thus far has made me a little nervous, but I'm happy that we get WW music even if a new (or returning) stage based off that game isn't a thing.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
So is anyone hyped over the new music pieces revealed for Wii U?

• Super Mario Galaxy theme.
  • Egg Planet (Super Mario Galaxy)
  • The Great Sea / Menu Select (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns (vocals) - I wonder what kind of vocals it will be...
  • Battle! Champion Cynthia (Pokemon D/P/P) - Sweet god, yes. They made the perfect choice.
  • Route 10 (Pokemon B/W) - Another great Pokemon song choice.
  • Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger - I don't even know this song, but I'm highlighting 'cos it plays on the Pilotwings stage... odd choice.

kylexv

Smash Master
Possible Legal stages (so far):

Starter:
Battlefield
Big Battlefield
Final Destination (And all Omega stages)
Kalos Pokemon League (?)
Town and City
Smashville
Pilotwings

Counterpick:
Kongo Jungle 64 (Even though it was banned in both 64 and Melee)
Halberd
Castle Siege
Mario Circuit U (Based on what we've seen. We only got to see 1 second of it.)

Last edited:

Tomlanji

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tomlanji
3DS FC
4098-2281-7871
Real talk, how does Smashboards crash so frequently, yet manage to stay up now of all times?
Everyone is too busy flipping out over MewTwo & 8 Player Smash to stay on the forums at the moment. Smash4Lyfe

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Celebrating Ridley's position doesn't have to be bad, celebrating the fact that his fanbase was trolled and lead on IS DESPICABLE... @ Frostwraith Frostwraith a mod should know better.
I don't always tag @ D-idara D-idara , but when I do, it's because MEWTWO WAS CONFIRMED AS DLC HOLY CRAP WHOAAAA
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAH! ONE OF THE BIG THREE CONFIRMED! SAKURAI CONFIRMED TO HAVE A WORKING BRAIN!

AND ****ING CYNTHIA'S THEME, AND DILLON'S THEME, AND ROUTE 10, AND GREAT CAVE OFFENSIVE, AND THE GREAT SEA MEDLEY, THE MUSIC LEVELS ON THIS GAME R 2 STRONK! Seriously, we're getting some really amazing music, hell, even the amazing Nintendo Land Main Theme, I just hope that stage roster's not final! Also, Mewtwo's confirmed to be free for people who buy both versions, but paid for people who only have one, a nice way to reward those faithful to Nintendo :3

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That is one happy man. One, very, very, very happy man.

I just hope Mewtwo is better this time. After all, nearly everybody likes the guy. But I'm sticking with Charizard, Lucario and Greninja for Pokemon characters.

R0Y

Smash Master
Since Kongo Jungle 64 is back, presumably visually upgraded...

Please this?
Honestly would have preferred this or any other stage from the original game except the unlockable Mushroom Kingdom stage and Planet Zebes. Zebes has been remade as Brinstar for Melee, Brawl, and Smash 3Ds, and there are similar Mario stages in every subsequent Smash.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Celebrating Ridley's position doesn't have to be bad, celebrating the fact that his fanbase was trolled and lead on IS DESPICABLE... @ Frostwraith Frostwraith a mod should know better.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAH! ONE OF THE BIG THREE CONFIRMED! SAKURAI CONFIRMED TO HAVE A WORKING BRAIN!
AND ****ING CYNTHIA'S THEME, AND DILLON'S THEME, AND ROUTE 10, AND GREAT CAVE OFFENSIVE, AND THE GREAT SEA MEDLEY, THE MUSIC LEVELS ON THIS GAME R 2 STRONK!
So, you know you and me don't get along, however, as it's the only thing we have ever agreed on, Final Smash trophies are back in the Wii U version!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Was I celebrating something related to Ridley? Haven't I made myself clear I don't give a **** about him? I merely stated the facts...

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
2 words to summerize my feelings on this "extravaganza"
Go to 9:25 if it doesn't work
Somebody PLEASE make a separate sound clip of the announcer saying this.

While I'm on the topic of the announcer... Choosing him to be the one doing this was an incredibly good decision. Seriously, I love this video SO much!

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

AND ****ING CYNTHIA'S THEME, AND DILLON'S THEME, AND ROUTE 10, AND GREAT CAVE OFFENSIVE, AND THE GREAT SEA MEDLEY, THE MUSIC LEVELS ON THIS GAME R 2 STRONK! Seriously, we're getting some really amazing music, hell, even the amazing Nintendo Land Main Theme, I just hope that stage roster's not final! Also, Mewtwo's confirmed to be free for people who buy both versions, but paid for people who only have one, a nice way to reward those faithful to Nintendo :3
ABANDO-
Wait.
D-i' is...Happy?
D-IDARA IS BEING JOYFUL!?
HOLY CRAP!
IT'S A MIRACLE, PEOPLE!
A SUPER SMASH MIRACLE!

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
That is one happy man. One, very, very, very happy man.

I just hope Mewtwo is better this time. After all, nearly everybody likes the guy. But I'm sticking with Charizard, Lucario and Greninja for Pokemon characters.
I'm hoping it has at least 1 new special. I expect it probably will have lots of new moves since its last smash outing was 13 years ago.

D

Deleted member

My only hope is that Mewtwo doesn't suck.
I can wait until spring.
Hell, I can even wait until late spring.
Just. Don't. Suck.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Possible Legal stages (so far):

Starter:
Battlefield
Obviously

Big Battlefield
Too big for singles, could work on doubles

Final Destination (And all Omega stages)
Due to the small, but highly noticeable differences, Omega Stages' status in tourneys in undecided, but they are not considered the same as FD. My solution? Two stages lists for tourneys: One with different stages and a second "Omega Random"

Kalos Pokemon League (?)
Due to the different elements and layouts of each form, it should be a counter.

Town and City
Nothing to say here

Smashville
Nothing here either

Pilotwings
From what we've seen of it at E3 2014, the bridge can deal high knockback, so it's a counter at best

Counterpick:
Kongo Jungle 64 (Even though it was banned in both 64 and Melee)
64: Counter (excluding Japanese rulesets)
Melee: Starter (Doubles)

Halberd
I don't know, the Double Cannon seems really game-breaking.....

Castle Siege
One of the section is a walk-off, not to mention stage transitions, so it remains to be seen...

Mario Circuit U (Based on what we've seen. We only got to see 1 second of it.)
You can't tell how a stage plays with only a 1 second footage

You forgot Miiverse, which could be a starter.

If there is an option to remove stages booses, the following can be legal:

Dr. Wily's Castle (starter)
Pyrosphere (starter)
My opinions are in bold

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
With Great Sea being a Skyloft song and the Tal Tal Heights remix from Brawl being on Skyloft as well makes me think there won't be a Wind Waker stage...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
My only hope is that Mewtwo doesn't suck.
I can wait until spring.
Hell, I can even wait until late spring.
Just. Don't. Suck.
He's totally got this. He's been Super Training. His Special Attack is through the roof now.

You just gotta believe in him, good sir.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom