• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
@ aldelaro5 aldelaro5 is right, that really doesn't look Like Hither Thither Hill. But I can say that I've definately seen it before...
Don't even doubt a second....what i do doubt is did anyone said it was the full stage roster?

Because explain why Yuka, new composer for wiiu got credited for Paper Mario and fire emblem just like Saki and that Yuka did music...not sounds effects like saki?

I really need to know...he got credited so...unless it's in another stage...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Even though he isn't playable, at least Ridley will be a Homie and help a dude out. I hope Wolf will be DLC too. I liked his style more than Falco.

The Donkey Kong stage looks really fun.

However I'm looking forward to Great Cave Offensive. It looks so fun and doesn't suffer from the problem that you never die because of the lava walls.
Great Cave offensive is cool. But Danky Kang has impressed me the most for some reason.

D

Deleted member

So are we going to keep hating on the 3DS version. Just asking. Not trying to start anything.
I guess Wii U has its features because they want it to sell.
The 3DS will have it's own place no doubt, but people will probably like the Wii U version more just because of how much features it has.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@ Frostwraith Frostwraith : Bowser Jr. has a "newcomer" text. And he's on the hidden area on the site. Dark Pit does not. I find that strange. The theory that he considers Brawl Dark Pit's official debut could be possible, unless Dark Pit still has a trailer to come and they'll label him a newcomer at that time? Or he made a mistake, like saying Waluigi was from the Wario Universe...

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767

Take a look!

KONGO JUNGLE 64 IS BACK!!
I will say, if we don't have that many secret stages, we could potentially have even less legal stages then the 3ds version.
Speaking of which, a ton of stages that previously looked perfectly legal...ended up getting some big obstacle in one form or another. Garden of hope has the crab, Pyroshpere has Ridley, and the elite four stage has swords and fire.

Wait, what stage is this? '_'
...Could it be? A new game & watch stage? :o

D

Deleted member

@ Frostwraith Frostwraith : Bowser Jr. has a "newcomer" text. And he's on the hidden area on the site. Dark Pit does not. I find that strange. The theory that he considers Brawl Dark Pit's official debut could be possible, unless Dark Pit still has a trailer to come and they'll label him a newcomer at that time? Or he made a mistake, like saying Waluigi was from the Wario Universe...
Lucina doesn't have the same treatment as other newcomers either. Might just be a clone thing.

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
So theres everyone's mewtwo.
And Ridleys semi playable.
Maybe everyone will stop complaining about the character roster now.
I wish, people will complain as long as there are things to complain about. Even if they have to invent things to complain about.

At least I was right about Ridley all along.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Dark Pit appears in All-Star mode's final stage AFTER Shulk.

The order is:
- Rosalina (2007)
- Wii Fit Trainer (2008)
- Shulk (2010)
- Dark Pit (2012)
- Robin (2012)
- Lucina (2012)
- Greninja (2013)

It's probably a mistake.

HotelWaffle

Smash Apprentice
I'm hyped about 8-player Smash, but annoyed about Mewtwo. Now that Nintendo has caved to this demand, all the whiners and complainers know they can get whatever they want as long as they cry loudly and obnoxiously enough. Now all we'll hear is "it worked for mewtwo so why not (insert name of generic purple dragon or other obscure character that nobody cares about)" whenever people want certain fighters in the roster, no matter how bad they may be. Furthermore, the fact that I have to buy another copy of Smash4 and a 3DS just for 1 lousy character pisses me right off. Hopefully I can just buy the 3DS version and there'll be a code with it or something so Nintendo will know I bought their lesser version. Seriously, I would rather just give Nintendo 40 dollars for a code than get the 3DS version.

Also, now that Mewtwo is confirmed to be in, I hope he's trash-tier. I hope he's worse than, like, 64 Samus+Melee Pichu+Brawl Ganondorf combined. I hope he's such a terrible character that anyone who plays/mains him gets laughed out of a room. Oh well, at least I have a new punching bag.
I don't get your reasoning to buy the 3dsversion to get a punching bag lol

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I love the new stuff added.
2 Player Classic? GOOD!
Dual-Layer Stages? GREAT!
8-Player Smash? AWESOME!
Stage Buider 2.0? OUTSTANDING!
TWO PLAYER ONLINE!? AMAAAAAAZING!

Mr G W

Smash Cadet
Ridley being a stage hazard with player mechanics (counting as a ko when defeated unlike other stage fighters and even having his own stock icon) is probably one of the biggest trolls to ridley fans i've ever seen.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Ridley being a stage hazard with player mechanics (counting as a ko when defeated unlike other stage fighters and even having his own stock icon) is probably one of the biggest trolls to ridley fans i've ever seen.
Sakurai: *points to your icon*

R0Y

Smash Master
I'm hyped about 8-player Smash, but annoyed about Mewtwo. Now that Nintendo has caved to this demand, all the whiners and complainers know they can get whatever they want as long as they cry loudly and obnoxiously enough. Now all we'll hear is "it worked for mewtwo so why not (insert name of generic purple dragon or other obscure character that nobody cares about)" whenever people want certain fighters in the roster, no matter how bad they may be. Furthermore, the fact that I have to buy another copy of Smash4 and a 3DS just for 1 lousy character pisses me right off. Hopefully I can just buy the 3DS version and there'll be a code with it or something so Nintendo will know I bought their lesser version. Seriously, I would rather just give Nintendo 40 dollars for a code than get the 3DS version.

Also, now that Mewtwo is confirmed to be in, I hope he's trash-tier. I hope he's worse than, like, 64 Samus+Melee Pichu+Brawl Ganondorf combined. I hope he's such a terrible character that anyone who plays/mains him gets laughed out of a room. Oh well, at least I have a new punching bag.
It'll almost certainly be available to buy separately also.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Sakurai trolled the **** out of the Ridley fans.

He had been teased as a boss before, but the player-like mechanics take it to an entire new level of trolling.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
What I'm wondering is;
How exactly do we download Mewtwo?
All we know is;
  1. You need both Versions of the game
  2. He's free
And that's it.
How 2 Download?

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
So is anyone hyped over the new music pieces revealed for Wii U?

• Super Mario Galaxy theme.
  • Egg Planet (Super Mario Galaxy)
  • The Great Sea / Menu Select (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns (vocals) - I wonder what kind of vocals it will be...
  • Battle! Champion Cynthia (Pokemon D/P/P) - Sweet god, yes. They made the perfect choice.
  • Route 10 (Pokemon B/W) - Another great Pokemon song choice.
  • Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger - I don't even know this song, but I'm highlighting 'cos it plays on the Pilotwings stage... odd choice.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
What I'm wondering is;
All we know is;
  2. He's free
And that's it.
How 2 Download?
Not sure. I think you can probably pay for him later for one version if you don't have both. I don't know.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So is anyone hyped over the new music pieces revealed for Wii U?

• Super Mario Galaxy theme.
  • Egg Planet (Super Mario Galaxy)
  • The Great Sea / Menu Select (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns (vocals) - I wonder what kind of vocals it will be...
  • Battle! Champion Cynthia (Pokemon D/P/P) - Sweet god, yes. They made the perfect choice.
  • Route 10 (Pokemon B/W) - Another great Pokemon song choice.
  • Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger - I don't even know this song, but I'm highlighting 'cos it plays on the Pilotwings stage... odd choice.
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTT!!!

CYNTHIA'S THEME?!

HOLY ****!!!

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
What I'm wondering is;
All we know is;
  2. He's free
And that's it.
How 2 Download?
You didn't completely understand: He's a paid DLC for everyone, but he's free if you have both versions of the game. (In other words, buy only one version and you save some money)

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Lucina doesn't have the same treatment as other newcomers either. Might just be a clone thing.
Check the site again. It says Newcomer for her.

http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/lucina.html Courtesy link.

Dark Pit appears in All-Star mode's final stage AFTER Shulk.

The order is:
- Rosalina (2007)
- Wii Fit Trainer (2008)
- Shulk (2010)
- Dark Pit (2012)
- Robin (2012)
- Lucina (2012)
- Greninja (2013)

It's probably a mistake.
Agreed. I do admit the idea he could still get a trailer and then get that weird tag is possible too. Or maybe he does the "Newcomer" bit solely for those with trailers who got their names Captioned? It'd make sense. Dark Pit didn't, so he doesn't get the tag.

I don't see why it couldn't be a mistake.

Also, after seeing hazard Ridley, it's very strange he seems almost entirely like a normal playable character. I hope we get through the character files in the 3DS version. I wouldn't be surprised if he was a scrapped character to be made into a very unique Hazard. Not going to say this is likely, obviously. But hey, if he's somehow upgraded via DLC, I won't complain.(and if he's not, I won't complain either. I love his new role! It's so kickass and original~)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
mods, I have a question:

With the recent mewtwo confirmed as dlc playable character...

Will the supports threads in character discussion be unarchived?
The staff is still debating/throwing around ideas, admins have said nothing.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
You didn't completely understand: He's a paid DLC for everyone, but he's free if you have both versions of the game. (In other words, buy only one version and you save some money)
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH
That makes sense.
Either pay 50 Dollars for 3DS + Paid Mewtwo or pay $160 for 3DS + Wii U Free Download.
Sneaky sneaky.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
So guys.

64's Congo Jungle is back. Next to Skyloft.
I NEED YOSHI'S STORY 64 IN MY LIFE
IIIIIIII NEEEEEEEEED IIIIIIIITTTTTTT

Also, Nintendo Network crashed. The Ridley/Mewtwo is 2 stronk.
But now I can't play MK7 online.
SHIET.

EDIT: Crap, Double Post. :\

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Man, SSB games ALWAYS have the best OSTs. I love every. Single. Song. I'm so pumped.

Here's Dillon's theme for anyone who hasn't heard it - it's really good:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom