• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Well, I downloaded the ORAS demo yesterday at about 11:00 my time, and still haven't tried it. College, the World Series, work.. You name it. By the time I start the demo, my girlfriend would've used hers up.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Well, I downloaded the ORAS demo yesterday at about 11:00 my time, and still haven't tried it. College, the World Series, work.. You name it. By the time I start the demo, my girlfriend would've used hers up.
But there's isn't a limit with the ORAS demo. And besides, can't you play while watching World Series? :4drmario:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
But there's isn't a limit with the ORAS demo. And besides, can't you play while watching World Series? :4drmario:
WELL I KNOW YOU CAN, BECAUSE THEY DONT SHOW THE WORLD SERIES IN THE NETHERLANDS!!!
(That was awful)

I guess I could use commercial breaks to use the demo, but that's for homework, that and they're on their flight to San Francisco for the third game.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Speaking of Pokemon, why are people excited for the ORAS demo?
Can't say I'll all that interested in the Pokemon demo. I don't know, I'd care more if the full game was out already. Since apparently there's no character customization. Which was lame, even if it's not the best Pokemon feature ever. It was still nice.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Speaking of Pokemon, why are people excited for the ORAS demo?
A free Mega Stone you can transfer to the full game is always nice.

Can't say I'll all that interested in the Pokemon demo. I don't know, I'd care more if the full game was out already. Since apparently there's no character customization. Which was lame, even if it's not the best Pokemon feature ever. It was still nice.
I never cared much about customization, but GameFreak always removes the good features in the next installment.

Rugal Cuttah

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2079-8390-5278
hello all, samus main for 3ds. its just probably cause i remember her cool wpns she has in her own game. wish she had her power bomb has her final smash it would be cooler than her made up generic laser final smash.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
hello all, samus main for 3ds. its just probably cause i remember her cool wpns she has in her own game. wish she had her power bomb has her final smash it would be cooler than her made up generic laser final smash.
Welcome to the forum! If you want to talk to more Samus mains, you could always go here: http://smashboards.com/forums/samus.401/

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
A free Mega Stone you can transfer to the full game is always nice.

I never cared much about customization, but GameFreak always removes the good features in the next installment.
Tell me about it. Honestly, all I wanted was a skin color choice. Literally I'd be happy to have that. I don't make the character look like me. But I did want him to be black.

D

Deleted member

I could use a Golden Hammer and use it on the Classic Mode 9.0 challenge, but I heard you can't do such thing on that one, unfortunately.

Welcome to the boards!

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Welcome to the forums! I myself am more into playing as Zero Suit Samus, but Regular Samus is ok too.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Speaking of
2 and a half hours until the direct.
There's still that glimmer of hope for DLC (:mewtwopm:)
We do have the glimmer of hope.
I can't wait to be pleasantly surprised at Sakurai's work. 50 "Must-See" Things has to hold some fruit.
Y'know, fruit. I love fruit. :4yoshi:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I think I got all the challenge custom Specials now… Now just to finish with the damned RNG based ones. I'm at like 288 in total. I think I have 88 left to go.

Rugal Cuttah

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2079-8390-5278
all see you guys later gotta reserve freedom wars before its too late!!! no god eater 2 date yet sadly. but im happy to phantasy star nova preorder/imported,cant wait to get my hands on it. im not advertising btw im just game crazy. i follow my games on any console. get really angry if my favorites are downloads only cause you never really own it!!!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
At first I was upset about Jungle Japes not having the original Jungle Japes theme from Melee, but then I entered in a training session and listened to the Kongo Jungle 64 music playing.

I haven't heard that music in a Smash game since Melee. The nostalgia was real.

Rugal Cuttah

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2079-8390-5278
i really wanted to see dunban or the mechonis king in here. that would better than decapre pit seriously a waste of space. pittoo and poor lucina are just reskins except for wins and poses. lucina does shield stab differently and counter i think.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
So I had a dream last night about the direct (go figure) and basically a lot of new things were shown, mostly on the Wii U version. I'll just name some things on the top of my head, not even kidding:

- Cool solo mode that kinda resembled Tower of Smash, at least the description. There was like a giant tower, and there's some unique enemies on each floor. The environment looked very traditional Japanese though
- Pichu and Squirtle returns. I have no idea if they were DLC, but it seems like they're on the starting roster. There was some Squirtle gameplay and he looked very combo oriented fighter + plays with water moves that push back opponents
- There's a mode that allows Wii U owners who don't have Smash to play limited matched with people who have the game. Basically download play. Now, the roster to choose from is limited and the only characters are ones from Sonic and they're not available on the normal roster. The characters are: Knuckles, Cream, Vector, and some other character, I think Amy
- New mode that allows the game to be played with N64 Smash graphics
- There was a weird anime video at one point. It was a short comedy starring random anime characters, but other than that idk. It didn't really relate to Smash at all

There was this part where some dude answered a bunch of questions from people. From what I can remember:

- There's a Metroid stage like Delfino Plaza, where it brings you to different spots. And the stage is based on 8 areas of Metroid II
- Ridley wasn't shown in the direct, but there's going to be a special day to reveal him (either as a stage hazard, or also playable, we don't know)
- He told us that Inklings from Splatoon most likely cannot become playable due to copyright issues (yeah, I have no idea...)

Um, yeah, that's all I could remember. I guess the point I'm trying to make other than the fact I'll freak out if some of this things are confirmed is to expect some surprises. They really need to hype this game as much as possible and make up for the lack of info we have.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
pittoo and poor lucina are just reskins except for wins and poses. lucina does shield stab differently and counter i think.
They were going to be alt costumes, but retooled at the last minute as clones. Simple as that.

Also, I like your username. I know what it alludes to.

Anyway, welcome to Smashboards. I noticed you're new here. Read the rules and contact a staff member for site-related questions whenever you wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom