• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

It's funny to think about the fact he's also an actor and plays a cop in Law and Order.
I just noticed the Pink Panther and Gumby(or whatever his name is)in the thumbnail. I've got weird priorities.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Nice going! =D

I'm considering taking Japanese classes next year, actually.
Thanks!

You haven't taken classes? Ehehe, I guess just kinda assumed. (Google Translate is your friend?) :p
One thing I do appreciate about the language (from what I've learned so far, at least) is the consistency.
What the word sounds like is how it's spelled and vice-versa. I've only known English my entire life, and English really...isn't like that. At least to the same degree as Japanese is. I mean, yeah, there's a few exceptions, but not as much as English it seems.
Though, like I said, I've only known English my entire life, and I'm a young adult, so learning a new language is...tough, to say the least. I'm not really in my "language learning prime" anymore. Which on top not having experience learning a new language makes it very challenging for me personally, but also very rewarding.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Thanks!

You haven't taken classes? Ehehe, I guess just kinda assumed. (Google Translate is your friend?) :p
One thing I do appreciate about the language (from what I've learned so far, at least) is the consistency.
What the word sounds like is how it's spelled and vice-versa. I've only known English my entire life, and English really...isn't like that. At least to the same degree as Japanese is. I mean, yeah, there's a few exceptions, but not as much as English it seems.
Though, like I said, I've only known English my entire life, and I'm a young adult, so learning a new language is...tough, to say the least. I'm not really in my "language learning prime" anymore. Which on top not having experience learning a new language makes it very challenging for me personally, but also very rewarding.
All the Japanese I've learned was from the Internet.

I would like to try actual classes as I think it would help me to better understand some details.

I know the University I'm in actually has several foreign language courses, including Japanese. The classes are also given by native speakers, which is excellent.

I've learned English since age 7 (through video games, Internet stuff, as well as school) and also dabbled in Spanish (on my own) and French (in school), so I have significant experience when it comes to learning other languages.

Japanese does have significant differences from European languages when it comes to structure, so it takes longer, even for me, to get the hang of things. Of course, once you get used to the basics, the rest comes naturally.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
When I was young my dad told me a story once, if you tag @Sehnsucht twenty-two times in one post at 11:39 PM while setting SmashBoards language to Japanese, @ Kaye Cruiser Kaye Cruiser will have enough power to make his rule 34 dreams come true.
Implying that I haven't done that already. Why else would I be so blatantly honest about who I like? ¦D

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So here's the VGCats I guess. I don't know if this came out a while ago. I thought it was funny.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I've got the chance to play online again, anyone want to have a few rounds to pass the time before the direct?

Strofirko

Smash Master
I predict smashboards gonna explode after the direct,sadly I will only see the direct tomorrow.:c

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom