• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Strangely, I'd have switched out Falco for her only for moveset reasons. Three fairly unique Star Fox characters. However, I think all 4 are the best SF choices possible. And I wanted Wolf first too~
Now that we'll have to agree to disagree on; Falco is my favorite character from the franchise and I wouldn't be okay with him being cut period. However, I'm sure Wolf is probably your favorite so it would be completely understandable for you to feel differently. However, I think it's pretty ridiculous Wolf got cut anyway, he definitely deserves to be in for all the right reasons.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Animated Atrocities had spoken the truth, most Modern Spongebob episodes belong in the trash for having tartar sauce quality. From "One Coarse Meal" to "A Pal for Gary", I had officially given hope for Spongebob's future years ago and won't see anything great about the show's next season.​
So I watched his review of One Coarse Meal.
...It gets better right?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I didn't think One Coarse Meal was all that bad...

A Pal for Gary and The Splinter however....

EDIT: How the heck did I not notice that spelling error?

Well I fixed it now....

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Now that we'll have to agree to disagree on; Falco is my favorite character from the franchise and I wouldn't be okay with him being cut period. However, I'm sure Wolf is probably your favorite so it would be completely understandable for you to feel differently. However, I think it's pretty ridiculous Wolf got cut anyway, he definitely deserves to be in for all the right reasons.
Well, Wolf isn't my overall favorite, but he is my Brawl main, and he's far more unique than Falco. That's why I didn't mind if Falco got cut of the two. Regardless, the actual outcome was easy for me to see anyway.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Well, Wolf isn't my overall favorite, but he is my Brawl main, and he's far more unique than Falco. That's why I didn't mind if Falco got cut of the two. Regardless, the actual outcome was easy for me to see anyway.
Just wondering, which Star Fox character is your favorite overall?

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
The new Spongebobs were hilarious sometimes with how gross they tried to be in some parts. Felt like a change of direction from the older episodes. Didn't really hate them, though.

I didn't think One Coarse Meal was all that bad...

A Pal for Gay and The Splinter however....
You could almost feel your own thumb sliding along that jagged kitchen floor before being pierced by a stray splintered piece of wood.

But what about that Celebi? She's a nice girl.
Which one? (I'm kinda assuming you're referring the shiny Celebi from PMD2) And were you replying to the part about being notable for Smash, or the part about me being single?

Last edited:

MegaMarioMan9

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HelpMii
3DS FC
4811-7447-1151
I've made it my mission to be more active on this thread. So I pose a couple of questions for those who frequent here.

What are your favorite characters you've played as so far? My top 4 are these guys: :4ness: :4jigglypuff: :4shulk: :4mario:. Always been a fan of Ness, and I've found a new love for Jiggs because she's just so hilarious and fun to play. Shulk is just boss and I grew to love Mario through the demo.

Also, do you believe in the possibility of DLC? If so, what characters do you want/expect to see? The four most likely in my opinion are Lucas, Wolf, Ridley, and Mewtwo, but I would absolutely cry if Paper Mario or Professor Layton made it in. Those would be my personal top picks for DLC. Any thoughts? :)

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
The new Spongebobs were hilarious sometimes with how gross they tried to be in some parts. Felt like a change of direction from the older episodes. Didn't really hate them, though.
I guess there's something to be said about taking refuge in audacity, but the older episodes are still much funnier.

"OUT OF MY WAY, YOU MEDIOCRE CLARINET PLAYER!!"
*beat*
"...mediocre?"

I've made it my mission to be more active on this thread. So I pose a couple of questions for those who frequent here.

What are your favorite characters you've played as so far? My top 4 are these guys: :4ness: :4jigglypuff: :4shulk: :4mario:. Always been a fan of Ness, and I've found a new love for Jiggs because she's just so hilarious and fun to play. Shulk is just boss and I grew to love Mario through the demo.
:4samus::4palutena::4pacman::4ness::4drmario::4darkpit::4miigun::4bowserjr:

Top 8! From best to worst (out of these 8).

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

Also, do you believe in the possibility of DLC? If so, what characters do you want/expect to see? The four most likely in my opinion are Lucas, Wolf, Ridley, and Mewtwo, but I would absolutely cry if Paper Mario or Professor Layton made it in. Those would be my personal top picks for DLC. Any thoughts? :)
Finally I see you somewhere else than the PM :)

Top 4:

:4gaw::4gaw::4gaw::4gaw:

:troll:

Serious top 4:

:4gaw::4tlink::4villager::4megaman:

First is by far, second is slightly better than third and foruth wasn't obvious.

Remember that G&W is hilarious because his down b is a surprise for most people on for glory (I'm serious the number of person who didn't know what it does I swear).

DLC doesn't equal character dlc. The former is almost confirmed with the neogaf thread that was known last Monday, but the later is just likely because of the former. If I assume it is happening (which is pretty possible honestly) then the most likely is Ridley and to know why, I redirect you to my 5 hours essay (or not if you don't enjoy sanctuary guardians while reading :) ).

And you know what I would do if Paper mario is confirmed as Dlc (which I shouldn't expect to happen BY DEFAULT because, too much false hype inducing)?

I would first change my status to "this person is confused, post may misses their points" (TTYD reference) then I would caps lock and say weird stuff with we believe in you mario posted 3 times one being the video :)

Then, I would just get off the pc as I overhype myself and enjoy my alert counter after I come back.

Yep, I planned my most improbable direct experience (tough, theater might do a similar reaction so, beware).

Now, other than ridley, well mewtwo, the one cut and the last I think has a chance is kkr...no one after comes to mymind but remember this:

if one character at least is confirmed to be dlc, speculation for every character is rebooted meaning unarchiving of the supports threads including mine....that's more than just one confirmation...

So, I do actually hope their will be character Dlc :)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Just wondering, which Star Fox character is your favorite overall?
Slippy, honestly. Not my favorite to have in Smash, but the guy is hilarious to me. The other notable 4(that we spoke of) and Peppy are amazing characters too. So is Panther. Honestly, it has a really cool set of characters. Much like the Sonic series does.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Can I just say that everytime I see you post, I get a huge smile on my face?

You, yes you alone, are and have been the single best thing about the entirety of the Smash 4 wait for the past year and a half.

You do us a great service, Heath. We're all very thankful an happy to have you here.

Last edited:

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace

You, yes you alone, are and have been the single best thing about the entirety of the Smash 4 wait for the past year and a half.

You do us a great service, Heath. We're all very thankful an happy to have you here.
Aww shucks! Thanks! :D I'm glad that I'm a part of Smash Hype. It has been a long ride for all of us and it's coming so close for us to able to play it on Wii U!

I'm looking forward for Smash Direct tomorrow so I can use some materials for our countdown hype! :D

Soul.

So um. If the Direct has any stuff relating to the 3DS in potential DLC announcement or something, that would be really nice.
Don't blame me, I'm supporting Smash 4 via the 3DS.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433

My top characters are:
:4charizard::4dk::4falco::4jigglypuff::4miisword::4pacman::4yoshi::rosalina:

Also, @ BLUJAY BLUJAY , cool your jets mate.

BLUJAY

Smash Cadet
Dk is is shocked sakuri added a new mario character ..................... again

yeah im done posting these

Last edited by a moderator:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388

My top four characters are probably: :4shulk::4robinm::4wiifitm::4lucario:

At least, I really like playing as these characters. I'm still trying everyone out, so I'm spending some time on Greninja currently.

As for DLC characters, one of my dreams is to see Roy return, but totally revamped and100x teh PHIR3. Also, he'll be based his Awakening design = lookin' stylish while kicking butt!

Ah... that's something to drool over. Damn these pipe dreams! More realistically speaking, there's a good chance of us getting DLC, and hopefully characters are included. I'd love to see Mewtwo return and tweaked.

mimgrim

Smash Hero

I was going to post something funny to this.

But decided it would have been too easy.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
As long as I'm here infracting people/as long as the "why do people not like" character type discussion~

Anyone tomorrow caught playing the typical schadenfreude/"delicious tears/hahaha take that delusional ___ fans" will not be tolerated whatsoever, nor anyone purposely antagonizing/tagging any specific individual or group of users. Those of you guilty of this before or planning on doing this anyway (you know who you are) should not be surprised to receive harsher than usual warning/infractions.

This goes for any disconfirmed character, feature, debunked leak, whatever.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Don't we have all the characters?

There shouldn't be any more characters to deconfirm

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I was going to post something funny to this.

But decided it would have been too easy.
That never stops me from doing it to you.

It's only fair that since I give it to you I take it from you too, mimmy.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Which one? (I'm kinda assuming you're referring the shiny Celebi from PMD2) And were you replying to the part about being notable for Smash, or the part about me being single?
Oh sorry, yeah I meant to reply to the single part with PMD2 Celebi, but I forgot to edit it to be clearer.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Man, tomorrow is going to be fun. I'll laugh if he still doesn't show Ridley's fate. Of course, if Ridley isn't even shown as is... I think by now that might be suspicious, since if Sakurai considers his stage hazard bit a "hype worthy" thing, he'd totally reveal it tomorrow as if it were a special thing. It's the last moment to really reveal any major details about his possible NPC status outside of PotD's, which he clearly has avoided mentioning Ridley directly once, so...

D

Deleted member

Why is it that on 64 and Melee, the hardest difficulty is so easy, and in Brawl and 3DS, it's really hard? I've managed to finish almost all of Classic Mode at intensity 9.0, but I got beat by Master Core real quick. Any help?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Don't we have all the characters?

There shouldn't be any more characters to deconfirm
It's a blanket answer for people raring to post "DLC/leak disconfirmed" or "____ was shown, they're not possible as DLC anymore."

Posts like that are fine, but the moment someone starts ranting/flaming/******** or goading others on, it usually snowballs.

Pretty much what happened with the last Smash Direct/any actual confirmed content leak. So nothing new, really.

Anyway this goes double for anyone looking to drive the "This game sucks/I hope Sakurai dies" posts.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
As long as I'm here infracting people/as long as the "why do people not like" character type discussion~

Anyone tomorrow caught playing the typical schadenfreude/"delicious tears/hahaha take that delusional ___ fans" will not be tolerated whatsoever, nor anyone purposely antagonizing/tagging any specific individual or group of users. Those of you guilty of this before or planning on doing this anyway (you know who you are) should not be surprised to receive harsher than usual warning/infractions.

This goes for any disconfirmed character, feature, debunked leak, whatever.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom