• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 4 Social Thread 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Erm, why are the Rival Smash and Cruel Smash challenges so hard? (mostly the latter.)

Last edited by a moderator:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Bleh. At least I can actually finish the game now. I may have eventually gotten give hits, in five years.

Since I just decided to screw everything, I hammered the 50 hour challenge too. Now I have a single challenge left, yay.

With Smash Run Powers finished, now I can focus solely on custom items. Gotta finish those moves...

I did get a new hat for getting all Smash Run Powers too. Still have an arseload of hats left anyway.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Erm, why are the Rival Smash and Cruel Smash challenges so hard? (mostly the latter.)
I know. It took me a couple hours just to beat the Cruel Smash one. I just kept using Ike's counter and Smashes and somehow got lucky with 4 KOs. I wish I learned the Dedede trick earlier... Rival Smash one wasn't too hard. It is easier than 100 man smash considering you don't have to KO as many.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
All I have left to get in MK7 is the Egg 1 (Last random part, 4500 Coins), Beast Glider (Fixed 5000 Coins), Golden Frame (10,000 VR, I'm half-way there) and the Golden Glider (I'M GONNA NEED ALOT OF COINS).
Not even bad. :3

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
There are several cheap tricks involving Kirby, Lucina, Marth, and Ike that can be used to get the cruel Smash challenges easily.
Rival Smash may take a while. I recommend Shulk. His shield art is really good for when you get to high percents.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Hats:38/56(?)
Moves:315/376
Trophies:678/685

Forgot how many hats there were. At least now I only have two things to worry about, with trophies on the side.

Now if only there was a reliable way to get hats.

kylexv

Smash Master
Hats:38/56(?)

Forgot how many hats there were. At least now I only have two things to worry about, with trophies on the side.

If I recall correctly, there's only 40 hats. One is unlocked by getting all the powers btw.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
My philosophy for playing as my Mii Fighter in All-Star Mode on Hard: "Don't fight hard, fight smart."

My philosophy for playing as Bowser in All-Star Mode on Hard: "**** tactics, dropkick *******."

Guess which one got me the higher score? ¦D

Spoiler Alert: It's the second one.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I know. It took me a couple hours just to beat the Cruel Smash one. I just kept using Ike's counter and Smashes and somehow got lucky with 4 KOs. I wish I learned the Dedede trick earlier... Rival Smash one wasn't too hard. It is easier than 100 man smash considering you don't have to KO as many.
Cruel Smash is just too difficult. I don't even know why that's a challenge, but oh well.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
All I have left to get in MK7 is the Egg 1 (Last random part, 4500 Coins), Beast Glider (Fixed 5000 Coins), Golden Frame (10,000 VR, I'm half-way there) and the Golden Glider (I'M GONNA NEED ALOT OF COINS).
Not even bad. :3
Ughhh, it took me over 200 hours to just get that piece and a few more for the golden kart just because I didn't play online that much.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Hats:38/53(?)

Only 685 trophies? For some reason I was under the assumption there were over 800...I guess this makes things much easier for me.

669/685 trophies left, with three needing to complete the last two challenges.
41/56(?) Headgears left.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Cruel Smash is just too difficult. I don't even know why that's a challenge, but oh well.
It's almost designed with RNG... I think most people recommend Marth, Lucina, Ike, or anyone with a Counter move. Hmm, Fire Emblem... RNG... Suspicious, very suspicious...

I got "lucky" when 4 Miis lined up for a perfect counter with Lucina... RNG... Anna... ANNNNNNNAAAAA!!!

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Only 685 trophies? For some reason I was under the assumption there were over 800...I guess this makes things much easier for me.

669/685 trophies left, with three needing to complete the last two challenges.
41/56(?) Headgears left.
Not entirely sure, but I know it's around those numbers. I'm closest to finishing trophies, but I have to get everything else for the last one. The occasional Trophy Rush between Smash Runs usually nets me a trophy or two, sometimes a move.

I still haven't gotten any hats outside of the one I unlocked for the Smash Run Powers challenge.

:4mario::4luigi::4yoshi::4wario2::4gaw::4link::4palutena::4robinm:
:4kirby::4dedede::4fox::4duckhunt::4ness::4olimar::4pacman:
Haven't completed any characters since Wario either.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I already have a girlfriend, Cruiser.
...I was making a reference to "I'm Sexy And I Know It", Cliff. If you "work out" then--Ugh.

No. No. Forget it. I give up.

I hope you get humped by a camel. ¦D

ToadsterOven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ToadsterOven
3DS FC
3711-6996-2029
Quick question, isn't it possible to send and receive replays from people on your friends list on super smash bros for 3ds?

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
But Krystal/Rouge isn't real, Cliff.
:troll:
You won't think it's so funny when Rouge becomes playable in Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games, and when Smash 5 comes along when Krystal actually has importance again. :4yoshi:

Anyway, funny business aside, it's worth noting that we both work out. My girlfriend does Tennis and Yoga, while I do weights and jogging.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
You won't think it's so funny when Rouge becomes playable in Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games, and when Smash 5 comes along when Krystal actually has importance again. :4yoshi:

Anyway, funny business aside, it's worth noting that we both work out. My girlfriend does Tennis and Yoga, while I do weights and jogging.
In your dreams. I bet she won't have importance until around Smash 8.5.

And I'm not embarrassed to say I'm single.

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681

I don't really care about the M&S games and why would Krystal have importance? She doesn't even have an own role in Team Star Fox. She's just there because Fox wants to get some purple booty.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
In your dreams. I bet she won't have importance until around Smash 8.5.
image.jpg

I don't really care about the M&S games and why would Krystal have importance? She doesn't even have an own role in Team Star Fox. She's just there because Fox wants to get some purple booty.
She already kinda does, she's been canonically playable before. Need I continue?

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Animated Atrocities had spoken the truth, most Modern Spongebob episodes belong in the trash for having tartar sauce quality. From "One Coarse Meal" to "A Pal for Gary", I had officially given hope for Spongebob's future years ago and won't see anything great about the show's next season.​

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
View attachment 28005

She already kinda does, she's been canonically playable before. Need I continue?
I was actually talking about her role in Team Star Fox. Fox is the leader, Falco is the ace pilot, Slippy is the technician and Peppy is the tutor. And Krystal? That's right, she doesn't.

And screw custom moves. Seriously. Have been grinding Smash Run with Falcon for the last 4 hours for his final custom move and still no success (I did get all his other moves at least twice, though...). There's nothing wrong with grinding, but grinding while needing to have luck with the RNG is just a ****ty developer decision.

Last edited:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Krystal? She's pretty important to Star Fox considering she's been in three/four of the canon game series as a main character.

She's been a main crew member as many times than Peppy has at this point.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I was actually talking about her role in Team Star Fox. Fox is the leader, Falco is the ace pilot, Slippy is the technician and Peppy is the tutor. And Krystal? That's right, she doesn't.
Krystal supposedly has telepathy, so she could be the team's "scout". She wouldn't be a traditional scout since scouting with a high-speed vehicle isn't ideal, but she can still tell them stuff. Y'know, it might have been better if she was the one in the Great Fox. Peppy wouldn't fly, but he could work the turrets or something, R.O.B. would be mission control and the supplier, and Krystal would be the tactician.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
No dude, she likes to celebrate. Do you not remember the ending song to Pokemon Forever?

CELE-B-R-A-T-E~!

I never saw the movie. This song, however, would be a better choice.

Edit: NOOOOOO! I double-posted!!!

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Fox wouldn't just let her in for no reason.
Krystal supposedly has telepathy, so she could be the team's "scout". She wouldn't be a traditional scout since scouting with a high-speed vehicle isn't ideal, but she can still tell them stuff. Y'know, it might have been better if she was the one in the Great Fox. Peppy wouldn't fly, but he could work the turrets or something, R.O.B. would be mission control and the supplier, and Krystal would be the tactician.
Thank you, Ffamran. It's not just because she's female, it's also that she's UNIQUE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom